DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Teeth, and to those who have yet to see it. Yes it is as fucked up as you expect it to be.

I saw this at the weekend, didnt quite know what to make of it.The storyline/plot had little direction, it was by no means a horror film and was nearer to a comedy yet seeing blood everywhere wasnt pleasant either. Came across like a 'Scary Movie' type comedy that wasn't funny.Weird film.One thing I will say though is that the reactions of laughter in the cinema at some of the scenes were louder than some comedy films I have been to see.Have also heard they are making 4 versions of the film... :sneaky:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw 'Wanted' tonight.Really enjoyed it, some great special effects and a generally cool film I thought. Dont want to say too much, but its probably one of the best films ive seen in the cinema this year thats for sure.

• Paid Members

watched a few yesterday...

Super Size Me - finally got to see it all, it's a very entertaining doc. and it does give some pretty horrific facts about the fast food industry, but it pretty much gives the conclusion of 'fast food is ok, as long as its eaten in moderation', which is common sense at the end of the day. Still it's entertaining. Gotta love Spurlock's dedication.

Ice Age - again, a film id seen half of before, so i watched it all. I love these animated films, always entertaining, loveable characters and all that shit. This is one of the best ones, Scrat's a legend. Gotta watch no. 2 now.

Freebird - British biker/comedy movie. Standard type of stoner comedy but with a very british slant on it. It ain't a classic by any stretch of the imagination but it's an easy enough quick watch. If your a brit. comedy fan i'd recommend it.

• Paid Members

I watched The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy recently. Loved them, really good films. Damon is absolutely awesome as Jason Bourne. Love the German girl who plays Maria, she's beautiful and believable. It's a really clever tale, acting is superb and there's lots of intrigue throughout. The score is amazing, particularly at the end of the Russian car chase scene. unusually, I think the sequel is the better of the two films too.Can't wait to see the third one.

watched a few yesterday...Super Size Me - finally got to see it all, it's a very entertaining doc. and it does give some pretty horrific facts about the fast food industry, but it pretty much gives the conclusion of 'fast food is ok, as long as its eaten in moderation', which is common sense at the end of the day. Still it's entertaining. Gotta love Spurlock's dedication.

You should check out Super High Me. Similar premise, but replace eating fast food with smoking weed. The guy goes an entire month without it, doing various activities, then does the same activities whilst high to see the effect it has on you.

watched a few yesterday...Super Size Me - finally got to see it all, it's a very entertaining doc. and it does give some pretty horrific facts about the fast food industry, but it pretty much gives the conclusion of 'fast food is ok, as long as its eaten in moderation', which is common sense at the end of the day. Still it's entertaining. Gotta love Spurlock's dedication.

You should check out Super High Me. Similar premise, but replace eating fast food with smoking weed. The guy goes an entire month without it, doing various activities, then does the same activities whilst high to see the effect it has on you.
^ This man knows. Well worth a giggle.

• Paid Members

Been a bit slack this last week. Haven't seen anything since HULK. To make up for it I'm going to check out Ruins and Wanted tonight. I haven't the foggiest which page its on but someone posted a website which listed every cinema release for years including which chain release what. Could someone be so kind as to link me again?

Watched Apocalypto on the weekend - better than far than I thought it would be. It's nothing more than an exciting action film really, but it does it well, and some great jungle camera work and spectacular sets.

• Paid Members

Watched No Country For Old Men last night. **SPOILERS FORTHCOMING**I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I found it quite enthralling but i think I made the mistake of thinking the film was about Lwellyn Moss when it really wasn't. I was hooked on his journey to keep the money and when he died, the film died for me. It's not often you see a film where evil prvails but I suppose that's the whole point.The acting was incredible. The bad guy, Chugger, or whatever his name was, was one of the most scary people I've ever seen. It was fantastically shot and well written. The silence was incredible at some points and made the outdoor scenes genuinally worrying. In truth, it's not really my sort of film, but I thought it was excellent for it was.Edit: Seriously annoying that I can't find other people's opinions on the film!!

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Watched No Country For Old Men last night. **SPOILERS FORTHCOMING**I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I found it quite enthralling but i think I made the mistake of thinking the film was about Lwellyn Moss when it really wasn't. I was hooked on his journey to keep the money and when he died, the film died for me. It's not often you see a film where evil prvails but I suppose that's the whole point.The acting was incredible. The bad guy, Chugger, or whatever his name was, was one of the most scary people I've ever seen. It was fantastically shot and well written. The silence was incredible at some points and made the outdoor scenes genuinally worrying. In truth, it's not really my sort of film, but I thought it was excellent for it was.Edit: Seriously annoying that I can't find other people's opinions on the film!!

Here's mine and others thoughts on page 231No Country For Old Men

My entire collection is listed here - http://www.dvdspot.com/member=JFFC

Watched National Treasure 2 last night and I was slightly disapointed, it brings nothing new to the table from NT1 which was a good little adventure film but NT2 follows exactly the same format, and what makes it even sadder is that they have left it well and truly open for a third film which will no doubt be exactly the same.

I didn't know what to make of No Country For Old Men, I loved the film and thought it was brilliantly acted with some nice dialogue, but I need closure on my films, I want to know what happened to Chigurh and the ending just comes so out of the blue that I wasn't prepared for an end and was left a bit bemused. oh well.

• Paid Members

Here's mine and others thoughts on page 231No Country For Old Men

Cheers, just read through the entire thread from that point. I'd like to read a bit more from Mr Seven on the ending, it seems like he's the only one who liked it. I didn't hate it, but agree with JFFC, I like the closure, I want to know what happened next.

I loved it from start to finish, if that's any help Rick. I can't find my post on it though as Search is still fucked for me.On the ending, I'll pose this for you to think about. When does anything ever really come to an end? For most of the characters left alive in that film, life will go on. Chigurh is a professional hitman that will continue to do his job. Only for Tommy Lee Jones' character have things really come to an end - disillusioned with his ability to change anything for the better, he's retired and faces a long slow deterioration to death. His only solace is that all old men go through this at the end of their life, when they have ceased to have anything to give society - hence the title, No Country For Old Men.The book is the last of a trilogy, and as such its ending wraps up a whole metaphysical contemplation of the changing nature of life on the old Frontier in America, so what you get in the screen version is a conclusion to a far longer story, if you will, than is actually present in the film.

Edited by Loki