DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

just watched This Is England for the first time - did they forget to write an ending for it? The most anti-climatic experience that wasn't a wank I've ever experienced..

It was a bit like wasn't it. I loved the film, and it's not even something i'd usually watch, but the ending left much to be desired, SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
even to say whether or not milky would be ok or not, anything really.
you clearly wasn't paying much attention...Shaun's mam tells you how Milky is. i don't really see what you've missed from the ending? i loved it. What kinda ending was you expecting? Shaun to go after Combo with an uzi and getting some sweet ass revenge?
Yeah but like she doesn't say enough in my opinion, you don't see him either, you just know he's alive. Considering the massive shit kicking he took, you'd expect a bit more than "he's alive" or whatever similar non-descriptive thing she says.
It's not "Free Willy". You don't need a huge 'Whoohoo! He's alive!' scene.
Think maybe he was after something on the lines of either "He'll be back to normal in a few weeks" or "He's alive, but he got twatted to the extent that he has to re-learn how to tie his shoes".

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I think This Is England is one of the most overrated films ever. It's short as hell, not paticularly entertaining and has nothing important or insightful to say despite it thinking and acting like it does. And the 11 year old main kid getting off with what looks like an 18 year old was so ridiculous I couldn't believe it. I love Dead Man's Shoes but this movie was pure bullshit.

Saw Hancock today.It was a film of two halfs if ever I've seen one.The first half was very enjoyable, it had some hillarious dialogue and it was up there with the most fun I've had in a cinema this year.However, the second half really makes this film very average, you are left with so many plot holes and things going left unexplained that you can't possibly rate the film highly.There are other good films out there at the minute, see them before going to see Hancock.Also saw Hancock last night, pretty much agree with this. Although I dont really feel the second half made it average, I just took the film for what it was: just a fun film. I really enjoyed it anyway.

I saw Hancock the other night and agree with the above. The only thing I've been doing in work since is trying to do the chocolate bar trick on my unsuspecting colleagues.

Last night I wathed Jackie Brown for the first time last night. Got it in a 2 for 8 quid deal along with dusk til dawn. Bargain.Great film. I can'y believe I've never seen it before, but I have now and thats all that matters! It's the 2 disk version so amongst the extra features is a trailer for Blacula. How I laughed!I also now think that Virgin media need to change the slogan for the Samuel L Mother Fuckin Jackson ads to: "Virgin Media. When you absolutely positively have to entertain every mother fucker in the room. Accept no substitutes.".

• Paid Members

Just watched Batman Gotham Knight. Its good some good animation and some of the storys are good. Its based after Batman Begins so you still have zombie like ppl walking around in the narrows. Batmans voice is done by the same guy that did Batman in Batman the Animated Series and Justice League,. Defo 1 for the the Batman fan if any1's intresed i can send you a like of a perfect version of it just PM me.

• Paid Members

so Gotham Knight is set after Batman Begins and before The Dark Knight? i may check it, i aint a big fan of the comics/animated stuff, i'm just a movie fan...but i may check this.

• Moderators

Haha... All I've heard about this film from people who've seen it is their impression of him saying "no, not the bees!" Surely that shit has to be up on Youtube or somthing?Hopefully I can remember to look it up when I get home.Nic Cage is so hilariously awful an actor I think I'm starting to have a bit of a thing for his films.. Like when I went through a Ben Affleck phase. I've seen Gigli twice, and I gotta say Daredevil is one of the most unintentionally funny films I've ever seen.

• Paid Members

Haha... All I've heard about this film from people who've seen it is their impression of him saying "no, not the bees!" Surely that shit has to be up on Youtube or somthing?Hopefully I can remember to look it up when I get home.Nic Cage is so hilariously awful an actor I think I'm starting to have a bit of a thing for his films.. Like when I went through a Ben Affleck phase. I've seen Gigli twice, and I gotta say Daredevil is one of the most unintentionally funny films I've ever seen.

• Paid Members

Thats FAR more entertaining than the actual film (and its not that good).

After some pestering, I watched Signs by M. Night sham... etc.. last evening, expecting a meta critical film.. or at least a film with many hidden layers and morals and meaning. Instead, I got some fucking shit 1950's B Movie Rip off starring Mel Gibson and Wahkeen PhoenixFor Allegories and the such. See the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers w/ Kevin McCarthy.. The Day the Earth stood Still etc.... Morals.... Forbidden Planet