DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Tristan & Isolde - i picked this up in the christmas sales for a measly few bucks and decided to throw it on. Wasn't expecting much to be honest, but im a sucker for these historical tales so i gave it a whirl. I was genuinely impressed! Nothing like chucking on a movie and being blown away. Pretty simple tale, love-betrayal and all that shit, but i was hooked. Dunno why? I just thought it was great. Ebb recommends.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Teeth, and to those who have yet to see it. Yes it is as fucked up as you expect it to be.

I saw this at the weekend, didnt quite know what to make of it.The storyline/plot had little direction, it was by no means a horror film and was nearer to a comedy yet seeing blood everywhere wasnt pleasant either. Came across like a 'Scary Movie' type comedy that wasn't funny.Weird film.One thing I will say though is that the reactions of laughter in the cinema at some of the scenes were louder than some comedy films I have been to see.Have also heard they are making 4 versions of the film... :sneaky:
Anybody for sausage?Yeah, it is a rather weird one.

• Paid Members

The Ruins

If any of you have seen Creepshow its basically a 90 minute version of the Stephen King segment from that except with your usual young adult idiots stuck up a ancient temple. I'm partial to crap horror films so I thought this one had its moments. I guess it sort of boils down to if you think planets crawling round inside you is creepy. Some completely unnecessary boob action in the early moments of the film was nice to see. Its a very disposable film and it knows it and certainly wouldn't recommend anyone go out of there way to see it but if your bored and you can get it for a couple of quid you could do worse as long as you understand this is your average crappy horror. It has a pretty ropey non ending which was pretty crap too which was irritating. Better than Captivity and Paradise Lost for me but far worse than many others.

Teeth, and to those who have yet to see it. Yes it is as fucked up as you expect it to be.

I saw this at the weekend, didn't quite know what to make of it.The storyline/plot had little direction, it was by no means a horror film and was nearer to a comedy yet seeing blood everywhere wasnt pleasant either. Came across like a 'Scary Movie' type comedy that wasn't funny.Weird film.One thing I will say though is that the reactions of laughter in the cinema at some of the scenes were louder than some comedy films I have been to see.Have also heard they are making 4 versions of the film... :sneaky:
I didn't know what to make of it myself to be honest, it's been officially described as a black comedy but I think it had more depth to it than people think, in relation to human sexuality etc. I may be looking too much into it though.

I saw this at the weekend, didn't quite know what to make of it.The storyline/plot had little direction, it was by no means a horror film and was nearer to a comedy yet seeing blood everywhere wasnt pleasant either. Came across like a 'Scary Movie' type comedy that wasn't funny.Weird film.One thing I will say though is that the reactions of laughter in the cinema at some of the scenes were louder than some comedy films I have been to see.Have also heard they are making 4 versions of the film... :sneaky:
I didn't know what to make of it myself to be honest, it's been officially described as a black comedy but I think it had more depth to it than people think, in relation to human sexuality etc. I may be looking too much into it though.
Everyone I know who has seen it doesn't really know what to make of it. To me it seemed like they wanted a story to go with it but it didnt really go anywhere for me, then they build up it up like its a horror movie but certain scenes make you laugh as well, yet theres some parts where as a bloke you just have knightmares of being in that situation.Guess its one of them films where depending on your gender and take on things you are going to have different views, I guess that because I was unaware of what genre the film was I was unsure of what to expect and I think thats caught quite a few people out...some expected a horror and got a comedy...a weird one, but then again considering the nature of the film its always going to be a strange one.

• Paid Members

Fractured

Not really a thriller, as we know who did it, and not really a courtroom drama, but somewhere in between. Very enjoyable story about Anthony Hopkins killing his wife, and then trying to get out of being prosecuted for it.

I don't want to say too much, as it's one of those stories that unravels, and spoilers would really ruin it.

It's a bargain bin DVD though, so definately worth picking up.

• Paid Members

Caddyshack = Cindy Morgan's tits. :)Zoolander only had one gag in it that made me snigger (the one about him not being able to turn right, and then turning 270 degrees left). The rest was shit, and just showed how limited an actor Ben Stiller is.

• Paid Members

FracturedNot really a thriller, as we know who did it, and not really a courtroom drama, but somewhere in between. Very enjoyable story about Anthony Hopkins killing his wife, and then trying to get out of being prosecuted for it. I don't want to say too much, as it's one of those stories that unravels, and spoilers would really ruin it.It's a bargain bin DVD though, so definately worth picking up.

yeh i agree, well worth picking up if its cheap...worth it for Ryan Gosling, superb young actor.

• Paid Members

FracturedNot really a thriller, as we know who did it, and not really a courtroom drama, but somewhere in between. Very enjoyable story about Anthony Hopkins killing his wife, and then trying to get out of being prosecuted for it. I don't want to say too much, as it's one of those stories that unravels, and spoilers would really ruin it.It's a bargain bin DVD though, so definately worth picking up.

yeh i agree, well worth picking up if its cheap...worth it for Ryan Gosling, superb young actor.

Fracture is one of the worst films in recent memory. It's worth seeing for the car crash nature of Anthony "I'm actually not that good of an actor" Hopkins' hilarious accent. Is it Irish? Is it American? Is it Welsh? Who knows.

I finally got round to watching Superbad.The first hour is superb, I could listen to the dialogue between Seth & Evan all day. But once that weirdo took them to that house party I started to lose interest in their story and the second half wasn't quite as good. But McLovin hanging around with the cops was greatness.So overall it was a very funny film, but could have been better. :thumbsup: