DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Nancy Allen would get it.

Are you *funning* my wife?
Looked back through the thread to see no one had spotted the Harry Enfield gag here!Finally got round to watching The Queen today, was impressed.. as id thought it would be tripe. Not the best film in the world ever but pretty good nonethe less, but can see why it hyped Helen Mirren to an Oscar. I thought Mr Sheen as Tony Blair should have got something.... thoughNext on teh list is Brick Lane, Just finished the novel, and Iron Man, when i can be so inclined

Fight Club is awesome, its one of the greatest dick flick's ever. If you had to explain what being a man in the 21st century is like through the medium of film then you would show them this film. Zodiac is a well made based on a true story film, people profiling the career of David Fincher will not write to much about the effect this had on it. Also, thanks for clearing up what 'every man' means. Oh and i don't care what you all say, every time i've seen Kermode he has come across as a film snob pleasing cock muncher. Whats everybody's opinion on Jonathon Ross as a film reviewer, i rarely agree with his opinion but i appreciate that what he says does genuinely come across as his own opinion and not something he thinks he should say in order to gain any sort of cred with other reviewers unlike his brother who soon changed his tune when he started getting ripped in Empire magazine.

• Paid Members

Meet the Feebles is class. Its not to often you get to watch the Muppets on STD's and crack!It's not my favourite of his early films but its a film oddity that just can't be denied.Fight Club is twice the film that Zodiac is in my book. Zodiac is your run of the mill serial killer story, why anyone would think its particularly special is beyond me. I was really looking forward to it to. Thinking that I'd get something as interesting as Seven. When what I really got was an over long crime channel episode.

Not really a film as such but today I watched X-Files: Squeeze and the follow up X Files: TOOMSThese are the episodes that feature the guy (Eugene Tooms) who comes back every 33 yrs to gather 5 livers to feed on so he can come back in 33 years time again. Tooms can also fit into the smallest of spaces.GREAT episodesEZ

Perfect Stranger, it had to have some sort of twist to leave you with, and low and behold of course, it did, could never have predicted it and leaves you wanting more, maybe a sequel. No Country For Old Men, the dog schenes were abit destressing, not really what I want to see in a film but apart from that very intense, they did a great job on all the characters.

Edited by NickKnack

• Paid Members

No Country For Old Men, the dog schenes were abit destressing, not really what I want to see in a film but apart from that very intense, they did a great job on all the characters.

Dog scenes? I may have a bad memory but I can't remember any scenes with any dogs in the movie.

No Country For Old Men, the dog schenes were abit destressing, not really what I want to see in a film but apart from that very intense, they did a great job on all the characters.

Dog scenes? I may have a bad memory but I can't remember any scenes with any dogs in the movie.
SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
When Josh Brohlins character returns to the drug deal scene, they release a dog which chases him across the river before he shoots it.Meet The Feebles is superb, possibly the finest 'Nam flashback in any movie is located in Meet The Feebles.