Paid Members gmoney Posted August 11 Paid Members Posted August 11 I really loved the Peter Cook voiced Roger Mellie cartoon they did. My dad still says "It's no use Tom, it's fucked" when something is clearly and obviously smashed to pieces. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 11 Posted August 11 52 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: And one of their characters got a movie! It even had Jerry O'Connell who gets brain damage in it and then falls head over heels in love with The Fat Slags. I often wonder WHY he was in it. What was he thinking when his agent offered him "Fat Slags" Also starring: - Anthony Head - Geri Halliwell - Naomi Campbell - Ricky Gervais - DOLPH LUNDGREN! Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted August 11 Posted August 11 (edited) https://i.postimg.cc/8cc4skGF/Fox-In-ABox- https://postimg.cc/vxRfNscM https://postimg.cc/vxRfNscM [url=https://postimg.cc/vxRfNscM][img]https://i.postimg.cc/vxRfNscM/Fox-In-ABox-2591869634.gif[/img][/url] [url=https://postimg.cc/vxRfNscM][img]https://i.postimg.cc/vxRfNscM/Fox-In-ABox-2591869634.gif[/img][/url] A classic from the glory days, the? From the box really makes it Edited August 11 by Harry Wiseau I can't do it, I managed it once but I cant do it! It's fox in a box but whatever I do I fail ti upload the picture Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted August 11 Posted August 11 One of the best parts of going to my nan’s either after school or during school holidays was being allowed to go into my uncle’s (before he became an utter knobhead) room to play Sonic or Columns or Italia 90 on his Mega Drive and sneaking a cheeky read of his Viz collection, not understanding half of it but getting a giggle out of some of the strips Never actually bought a copy myself though, wondering wether to dive straight into the regular stuff or look out for the compilation books first Quote
Wideload90 Posted August 12 Posted August 12 Top tips and the drunken bakers never fail to make me laugh. I still have a farmer's breakfast every day too - can't beat it. @RIDDUM_N_STYLE buy a copy off the shelf and give it a go, don't wait for the annual. Quote
TibBo Posted August 12 Posted August 12 @Harry Wiseau just copy/paste the direct link to the image matey, it will automatically get embedded Quote
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted August 12 Posted August 12 9 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said: One of the best parts of going to my nan’s either after school or during school holidays was being allowed to go into my uncle’s (before he became an utter knobhead) room to play Sonic or Columns or Italia 90 on his Mega Drive and sneaking a cheeky read of his Viz collection, not understanding half of it but getting a giggle out of some of the strips Never actually bought a copy myself though, wondering wether to dive straight into the regular stuff or look out for the compilation books first I'd get a few of the old annuals first. It's not as funny as it used to be. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 I've always loved the Viz Top Tips, and had more fun that I ever should have playing the terrible game on the Atari ST when I was little. I've been looking for it for years now, and just can't find it, but I remember a "letter" they printed that went something like: Quote Me and my sister haven't uttered a word to each other for over 30 years, having fallen out when we made a lasagne together. What has made this especially hard, is that we're siamese twins joined at the forehead. I still think of that now and howl with lauhger. Was also a fan of the Profanisaurus, and still utter "That's a confident appeal from the Australians" when someone blows off, or "A bit more choke and she would've started" So yeah, Viz is wonderful. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 there's a Top Tip that particularly appealed when I was living in Jersey; "Holiday money saving tip: feel like you have spent a fortnight in Guernsey, by spending a weekend in Guernsey". There's one issue years ago that, back-to-back, had "Big Daddy vs. ISIS", drawn in the style of the "serious" WW2 strips I'd always skip over in any old comic, with at one point Daddy surviving a failed parachute jump and explaining, "you learn how t'fall in t'grappling game, lad", followed by "Marcel Proust's Magical Memory Cakes". That's the perfect balance for me - niche and dated reference brought really jarringly up-to-date, followed by a high-brow reference watered down to a single daft gag. There's another letter I loved, asking how historians can know for a fact that the body in Hitler's bunker was really Hitler, because "it could have been Blakey from On The Buses, or the bloke out of Sparks". I read one of Barney Farmer's books, Coketown a few years back. Absolutely bleak as anything, but really good. He wrote a Drunken Bakers book as well, and I just can't bring myself to read it. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 (edited) The Viz journey is when you first start reading in your early-mid teens you only read the biggest, rudest comics like the Fat Slags, Buster Gonad and Biffa Bacon. Then when you're in your early 20s onwards you read it for the letters pages, news articles and old 50s parodies. Edited August 12 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 I've never read it, but I weirdly had a Johnny Fartpants t-shirt when I was about 10 years old. I wore it to school once for mufti day and got a bollocking. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 My favourite top tip is : "Employers - Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half your applicants' CVs in the bin" Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 "Convince your friends you're Andy Murray by bringing your mum and girlfriend to work every day" amused me. Particularly as IIRC it was submitted by Sexton Hardcastle. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.