Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris B said:

S2I think the bleak strips are a genuine work of art. And, at times, feels like an acknowledgement of the ways capitalism makes life harder for people. It hits a reality that I really don't see portrayed elsewhere.

Which is a warning over this strip, Fixed Odds Betty, that was shared on Reddit today. It has ruined my day and yet I find it incredibly funny.

RDT_20260930_0836323013628179152366082.thumb.jpg.199870f39cd4973e15dd6b8cbdd7bf87.jpg

RDT_20260930_0837037804958911044790639.thumb.jpg.ccb3846e6d39c44ac68f8d274776b571.jpg

Barney Farmer and Lee Healey are a brilliant combo, it's quite dark and grim but humerous in it's own way.

Posted

Most of my Viz reading these days comes through the annuals. My father-in-law has got in the habit of buying them, reading through them quickly, and then passing them on to me, which I'm very grateful for.

I will always flip straight to any Drunken Bakers strips or anything else by Farmer/Healey as the slow tragedy of their work is always brilliant. Works of art indeed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...