Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
23 minutes ago, Statto said:

Honestly, my first thought when seeing that lineup was Moxley vs Kingston final seem like the most likely thing you'd put on an All In card. It's either that or Moxley vs McGuinness...? Maybe they've been shadow building to that with Mox joining commentary on Collision so often and I just haven't noticed.

Given that it’s All In at Wembley, I’d be amazed if it was anyone other than McGuinness. I suppose his inclusion could be a red herring, but I doubt it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's surely Jay White? No one in that field should be beating him and he has the built in story. Eddie does too. I'd have him and Mox be a semi. 

Although, you never know given the draw is completely random. Look, it's Strong vs. O'Reilly as evidence.

  • Paid Members
Posted
22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Although, you never know given the draw is completely random. Look, it's Strong vs. O'Reilly as evidence.

And White vs Finlay, a Death Riders vs Bang Bang Gang match, a DCF vs DCF encounter and Nigel getting what's likely one of his dream matches.

Entirely random like the Premier League fixtures always turning up the Premier League champions vs a promoted club (usually the winners of the Championship) on the first day.

Posted

So I'm the only one seeing Eddie going out in the first round...? Not that I want it to happen but Doyle's one of the fresher guys they're pushing a little right now.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Kingston vs. Doyle is the one I'm really not sure on - Eddie being in it all makes me think they've at least remembered that he's a guy who won the C2 in the first place, but Jake Doyle shouldn't be losing in a first round match at this stage in his push.

My guess is McGuinness vs. Moxley in the final. They haven't faced each other in more than 20 years, and Nigel retiring at Wembley would be a nice moment, with the extra touch that getting retired by Jon Moxley means that even right at the end he's still getting compared to Bryan Danielson. And they can contrast Nigel as the British guy failing to win at Wembley with Ospreay then being the "only hope" to bring a title home for the hometown crowd (though I expect the Brawling Birds also win the Tag Titles at Wembley, so maybe that doesn't work). 

Nigel vs. Hechicero could be very tasty if the brackets fall that way.

Posted

I know there's a couple of decent, potentially great finals possible looking at the entrants, but fuck me it's Eddie/ Mox final for me. Maybe just so I can see it live and to maybe kick-start Eddie being a regular part of Dynamite again. And just to also see him live as I haven't yet. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

it does seem tailor made for a dozen different Moxley stories - there's potential there with Nigel, there's history with Eddie Kingston, there's three Don Callis Family members in the mix if they want to revisit that feud, there's the Death Riders derby with Claudio, and there's going back to the well of him and Kyle O'Reilly. I long since learned to stop predicting the fall of the Death Riders, but Moxley losing the title because there's an entire tournament arraigned to take him off it, and then falling at the hands of Will Ospreay, who he invited into his inner circle, could be enough for the others to lose faith in him. It won't be, because it never is.

I know that idea directly contradicts my prediction that he beats Nigel in the final, but there we are. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

So I'm the only one seeing Eddie going out in the first round...? Not that I want it to happen but Doyle's one of the fresher guys they're pushing a little right now.

Same. 

Plus as popular as Eddie is on here, he's barely been on TV, since returning from injury and being blunt, has done nothing of note. 

Love the guy, but he's probably just there to fill a first round spot. Honestly for a first time tournament, the lineup is pretty meh, imo. 

Posted

That trios match looks good...apart from Jericho!

 

Never understood why people go mad about being 'number 1' in those matches as surely its no different to being number 2 as well? 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

That trios match looks good...apart from Jericho!

 

Never understood why people go mad about being 'number 1' in those matches as surely its no different to being number 2 as well? 

They usually have a match for the number 2 slot as well.

I'm excited for Persephone/Statlander. Should be a brilliant match. Persephone is so goddamn good, AEW should be pushing her to the moon rather than wasting TV time on Maya World.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted
28 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Persephone is so goddamn good, AEW should be pushing her to the moon rather than wasting TV time on Maya World.

I can't really get on board with that. She's not fantastic and is nowhere near as polished as Persephone but I really like putting young, talented people in a position to succeed as a hallmark of AEW. They went away from it too much for a while, with the constant adding of new toys to the roster so it's great to see it with the likes of Maya and Kevin Knight. 

There's a place for both up and coming original talent and amazing outsiders but I find the former far more interesting as people whose journey you can go on. I like that they've struck while people like Maya and not waited until any impact has completely cooled off and they've made her important. She'll drop the belt and go off into other feuds and polish her work, hopefully, but she should always be someone who wins big matches, is involved with the top tier women and forms alliances with people who really matter.

I say all that knowing Tony has shiny new toy syndrome as she might just disappear though!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...