Infinity Land Posted August 14 Posted August 14 (edited) 51 minutes ago, Chili said: They tried this with AR Fox once before and he couldn't get a visa. This was a real blessing as Christian gets subbed into the announced Wembley Coffin Match against Darby & Sting. I've watched that match back several times and that wouldn't have been the case if AR Fox had been in there. Edited August 14 by Infinity Land Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 14 Author Paid Members Posted August 14 (edited) 1 hour ago, Infinity Land said: This was a real blessing as Christian gets subbed into the announced Wembley Coffin Match against Darby & Sting. I've watched that match back several times and that wouldn't have been the case if AR Fox had been in there. It’s wild to think that Fox could have been in this match, and that Christian - given how hot a heel he was at the time - wasn’t even scheduled to appear on the card. It definitely made for a better and more monumental match, but poor AR Fox, if I was him, missing out on that show and match would haunt me every day. Edited August 14 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted August 15 Paid Members Posted August 15 (edited) The Continental Cup continues with Collision with the final first-round matches, currently through are: Coming up on Collision tonight: Edited August 15 by Kamran Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 16 Author Paid Members Posted August 16 (edited) I know my dislike of Roderick Strong and Kyle O’Reilly may occasionally veer into the irrational, but I will say I didn’t watch the main event and fuck you Tony Khan for scheduling it when we know you lurk here and are aware of how much it would upset and hurt me. Outside of that, a mostly enjoyable Collision. I’m enjoying the build to Willow/Mercedes more than I am any other match on that card, both women have been tremendous and I can’t wait for the match itself. I have no idea what the outcome will be and can see the benefit of either wrestler winning. What’s most heartening is that Willow is being treated the way she should have been for quite some time. The Rascalz are another example of decent wrestlers who have a gimmick I just don’t enjoy. They’re stoners. OK, fine. What can you actually do with that when it comes to stories? It’s super limiting in that there’s really no way to do anything clever with it. The Hurt Syndicate/STP story is also a little strange. I really wish Lashley and Benjamin were a bit easier to work with, there are so many fun things they could do with them if their case of Malakai Black Syndrome didn’t allegedly exist. Brodido and Page are the first trios team in quite some time that feels like a big deal - I hope The Demand stay out of the All In match, though. If it really is to involve Swerve, Kofi and Creed the presence of anyone else would dilute it. Put Ricochet in the Casino Gauntlet and give him a good showing there instead. Heck, if Ospreay is your champ you might even want him to win - that would be a fun first title defence. McGuinness/Shibata was fun, but I kind of dislike Nigel having a presence in this tournament if the plan is for him to win. I don’t mind having him on the All In card, but it makes the end result feel somewhat of a foregone conclusion. If it’s Moxley/McGuinness, I wish they’d have just gone with that from the outset. Having said that, if there’s a plan for an upset somewhere along the line, good job, Tony. The problem with the cup really is that the finals I’d actually want to see would pretty much universally be better as standard feuds. EDIT: Apparently Schiavone announced later in the show that Nigel suffered an injury during his match? I totally missed that so presumably I accidentally skipped it or it happened before or during the main event which I didn’t even watch. What a shame for him, if he’s no longer able to wrestle at All In. Edited August 16 by RedTwoster Quote
Merzbow Posted August 16 Posted August 16 Big shame if he's injured, but... get Eddie Vs Mox in Wembley Stadium. Quote
Chili Posted August 16 Posted August 16 It's going to be The Death Riders (minus Mox), Finlay & Connors against The Bang Bang Gang and Foley innit. Stadium Stampede. Still think they should call it Anarchy in the UK for giggles. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 16 Author Paid Members Posted August 16 37 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Big shame if he's injured, but... get Eddie Vs Mox in Wembley Stadium. I’d love to see it, but I’d have to imagine Jay White, Claudio and OC would be the leading contenders, probably in that order. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted August 16 Awards Moderator Posted August 16 Yeah, Tony said at the start of the main event that Nigel picked up an injury and there’d be more on the quarter final draw show on Monday. I was puzzling this morning over what the cup final would be. You’d imagine Nigel was planned for the final, but the only other quarter finalist that seems a big deal for ‘Nigel McGuinness vs…’ is Moxley. But in that scenario I can’t see Nigel winning because he’s then got to either lose the belt soon after or put his body through a Continental Classic. So you’re onto a Cup Final disappointment which as someone who still remembers Newcastle losing in 1996 might actually be quite appropriate. With the other decent shouts for finalists - Jay White, Eddie, OC (please) - it’s similar, the only person that feels big enough for them to go against is Moxley. But if they intend to do a big Death Dogs Bang Bang brawl match, you either do the Death Riders without Moxley and that feels very pre-show, or he’s not meant to be in the final. And if that the case I don’t know who’s going to be in it, especially if Nigel’s out. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted August 16 Posted August 16 I'd quite like Kingston v OC in the final, but thats me. Love to see Eddie trying to bulldoze his way all through OC and OC just standing there moving slightly out the way and ending up making Eddie snap and go absolutely mental and full on 'Mad Eddie'. Bring out the rest of the conglomeration to calm Eddie down if TK must put as many on the event as possible. That would free up the likes of White, Mox and Co to do their thing in the other matches to make them feel like a bigger deal. Not everyone's favourite choice of course, but I'd be happy with that happening. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 16 Paid Members Posted August 16 Gutted if Nigel is out - Nigel vs Hechicero and Nigel vs Mox were the matches I most wanted out of this tournament, and it's typical Nigel McGuinness luck if he misses his chance at a Wembley singles match. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted August 16 Paid Members Posted August 16 Nigel was also meant to face Lee Moriarty for the Pure Championship at ROH Death Before Dishonour this coming Friday with the stipulation that if he lost he couldn't wrestle at ROH again. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 17 Author Paid Members Posted August 17 19 hours ago, Kamran said: Nigel was also meant to face Lee Moriarty for the Pure Championship at ROH Death Before Dishonour this coming Friday with the stipulation that if he lost he couldn't wrestle at ROH again. A great excuse for him to throw the match, genius from Nigel, there. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted August 18 Awards Moderator Posted August 18 Quarter final draw has happened. Nigel is cleared to compete. The matches are Nigel McGuiness vs. Hechicero Jay White vs. Jon Moxley Eddie Kingston vs. Claudio Castagnoli Orange Cassidy vs. Roderick Strong Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted August 18 Paid Members Posted August 18 This drawing is as random as those people who think they're quirky just because they say "oh, I'm so random aren't I?" sometimes. I don't hate it, though. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 18 Author Paid Members Posted August 18 1 hour ago, Statto said: This drawing is as random as those people who think they're quirky just because they say "oh, I'm so random aren't I?" sometimes. I don't hate it, though. I don’t know why they’re bothering to say it’s a random draw, when they’re not even bothering to show the draw itself…it might actually be fun if they were to genuinely go with a random draw to fill the brackets of the first round if they end up doing this again, then just have a traditional tournament. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.