Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 9 Author Paid Members Posted August 9 An enjoyable enough Collision, albeit a skippable one even with the Continental Cup matches. On the subject of the cup, if you’re going to do something like this and base it on the FA Cup, you need to have at least one upset in the first round. It’s not exactly the strongest field of wrestlers, but the only match in which you could realistically do something like that and make it feel significant is Moxley/Perry. Yup, I’m advocating for them to have Jack Perry go over Jon Moxley. I’d have preferred for it to be someone else in that position - McGuinness or Kingston would have had more emotional weight to it - but if Moxley goes out, Castagnoli wins the whole thing (McGuinness/Claudio could be a nice final) you finally move the Death Riders story on somewhat. Maybe the rest of them can finally turn on Moxley, maybe he needs to enter the Continental Classic to regain his belt, who knows. I hope The Dogs don’t make ‘who let the dogs out’ a thing. The Brawling Birds continue to be the worst act in wrestling. I really don’t want them to be the team to beat Divine Dominion. The gimmick is atrocious. I know WWE have been attempting to court Persephone by leaking that they are ‘baffled’ by her booking, but I do agree with the suggestion that she’s being majorly underutilised. Every time she wrestles, she looks a cut above whoever her opponent is. I’d love to see her get a push - what matches she’d have with the likes of Willow, Mercedes and Thekla. Kevin Knight is improving on the mic every week. I did suggest that Tony Khan was over pushing him, but he might have won me over and I may have revised that opinion. Is he a future World Champion? I’m not certain about that, but he’s earned his position on the card. The Hurt Syndicate/STP segment was a bit strange. Perhaps he really is just impossible to deal with, but I’d love to see Lashley in singles competition. Matches against Hangman, Brody King, Darby, Swerve and Kenny Omega could be fun. But if he’s not particularly willing to lose (something the screwy manner THS’s tag title reign suggests may be the case), there’s little reason to do that. Heck, he’d be the perfect wrestler to put Kevin Knight over as he continues his ascent. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 9 Paid Members Posted August 9 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: Brawling Birds continue to be the worst act in wrestling. I really don’t want them to be the team to beat Divine Dominion. The gimmick is atrocious They're great in the ring but suffer from the same thing most British wrestlers suffer from - the gimmick is half-arsed and undeveloped and they perform it in the lamest, tongue in cheek, dorkiest manner possible. I don't really rate Divine Dominion much either. They haven't pushed the gimmick anywhere near as much as they should. Excellent singles wrestlers but I find the team very uninteresting. Quote
Chili Posted August 9 Posted August 9 Brawling Birds are absolutely fine it's just as Brits we fucking hate that bollocks. See Gabe Kidd or any wrestlers basing any of their schtick on east end gangsters or Peaky Blinders. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 9 Author Paid Members Posted August 9 (edited) 9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: They're great in the ring but suffer from the same thing most British wrestlers suffer from - the gimmick is half-arsed and undeveloped and they perform it in the lamest, tongue in cheek, dorkiest manner possible. I don't really rate Divine Dominion much either. They haven't pushed the gimmick anywhere near as much as they should. Excellent singles wrestlers but I find the team very uninteresting. I agree on the Brawling Birds - Hayter is particularly strong in-ring, but the gimmick is all sorts of awful. Windsor is a decent wrestler, but not someone I’d necessarily look to feature over some of the other wrestlers sitting on the bench. I don’t agree on Divine Dominion, although I can’t exactly argue against your point - though I actually like the way they’ve been presented. You’re not wrong in legate you’re saying, but I see it as a deliberate choice to build on their mystique and almost add a layer of mystery to them, which really works well for me. I suspect you feel the way you do about them for the same reasons I feel the way I do about them, we’ve just reached different conclusions. EDIT: @Chili - I like Gabe Kidd! I think I’m possibly the only person on here who think his act really works! Edited August 9 by RedTwoster Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted August 9 Awards Moderator Posted August 9 (edited) Enjoyed Collision much more than Dynamite, which is to say, I enjoyed Collision. Speedball/Myron, Eddie and Shida appearances and a nice tribute to Dory Funk. Lovely to hear ‘Jane’ again for OC’s match. Cassidy for the Cup Final! Him against Nigel would be good stuff for Wembley. I think I’ve just been assuming Moxley gets to the final because why wouldn’t he, but I love Twoster’s idea of him getting knocked out of it early. But Eddie also has that unique ability to make me want him to win. So if Moxley has to stay in it, I’ll take him and Kingston in the final. Also looking forward to Darby vs Knight. What could Darby do in Falls Count Anywhere in London? Get them out beyond the stadium onto Wembley Way. Get them on the Tube. Have them change lines so they get to Westminster. Get Darby up the top of Big Ben so he can jump off it! Or some crowd brawling I guess. But still, the possibilities! Three weeks today! Edited August 9 by HarmonicGenerator I kind of want that Orange Cassidy notebook and pencil set Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 9 Paid Members Posted August 9 36 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I like Gabe Kidd! I think I’m possibly the only person on here who think his act really works! HE'S MAD!!! HE'S AN ABSOLUTE MAD MAN! TOTALLY MAD BONKERS MAN!!! HE'S MAD HIM!!! Good to see Eddie back. Nice little match with Doyle who I'm really starting to rate. I haven't seen his pre-AEW work - can he cut a good promo? If so I'd push him. I'd really like to see trios/8 man tags with Doyle, Davis, Cage and Archer as a big monster squad against flippy boys they can throw around. That would be a lot of fun. Anyone know where Rush has disappeared to? I would have liked to see him in the Continental Cup. Him against Shibata as a dickhead vs dickhead match would have been awesome. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted August 10 Posted August 10 Eddie going over, was a nice surprise. Honestly I don't see much worth in Jake Doyle. They need to get Thekla, back on TV. I miss 70's Girl Jamie Hayter. Bawling Birds matches are fun, but agree that the gimmick is rubbish. Probably a minority opinion but I like The Rascalz. Probably because they remind me of CZW/indie guys, you would see on The Wrestling Channel, back in the day. Quote
The King of Old School Posted August 10 Posted August 10 On 8/9/2026 at 6:41 AM, RedTwoster said: On the subject of the cup, if you’re going to do something like this and base it on the FA Cup, you need to have at least one upset in the first round. I dunno, but I wasn't expecting Kingston to beat Doyle with the latter featuring a lot more recently than Eddie. Kind of an upset in my eyes going off recent booking, but it's Eddie Kingston so can see why people probably wouldn't count that as an upset. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted August 10 Posted August 10 On 8/9/2026 at 8:10 AM, HarmonicGenerator said: Also looking forward to Darby vs Knight. What could Darby do in Falls Count Anywhere in London? Get them out beyond the stadium onto Wembley Way. Get them on the Tube. Have them change lines so they get to Westminster. Get Darby up the top of Big Ben so he can jump off it! Or some crowd brawling I guess. But still, the possibilities! Three weeks today! Coffin drop from the arch? Brawl takes in the top deck of a night bus through London and ends with a pinfall under the shadow of the fountain in front of Buckingham Palace? Ends up being an empty arena match at Craven Cottage? Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted August 10 Paid Members Posted August 10 On 8/9/2026 at 8:10 AM, HarmonicGenerator said: Lovely to hear ‘Jane’ again for OC’s match. Yeah this was the highlight of Collision for me. It's a better theme for him than Pixies but that might just be because it reminds me of that period when he was just the best opening match wrestler you could imagine. Not attempting to be deliberately contrarian but I really don't see Jake Doyle as being a "pushed" talent right now in the way some have suggested (both before and after him losing to Eddie). "Featured" perhaps, but since returning from injury he's had one significant singles win - it was over Mike Bailey so not to be sniffed at sure, just after he was brought back. His only other singles win was over Adam Priest, other than that he's credited with a win as part of a team in a big multi-man (which TBF was a Dynamite main event) and a couple of tag/6-man wins over local jobbers. Any time he's faced anyone of significance since the Speedball match he's lost, and it seemed pretty clear to me he was put in Death's Door to take the fall and so he did. I'd look at him as a guy who's being kept just strong enough to befit his physical appearance so he's not a total tomato can for when he's one of the first DCF members for a rival to go through. Quote
Chili Posted August 10 Posted August 10 That was actually my first time seeing Jake Doyle and I thought him and Eddie had a fun TV match. Glad the Mad King won though, I'd like him to actually get a regular spot back on the main shows if the issues he was having with his confidence or whatnot have buggered off. As a regular character he's still much missed for me. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 (edited) The Continental Cup continues on Dynamite, currently through to Round 2 are: This week: And: Edited August 12 by Kamran Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted August 13 Paid Members Posted August 13 New Day to debut with Swerve in a Trios match at Wembley? That Jericho/Callis Screwdriver spot was so so bad. Both need to go away. Will be fun to see Meltzer defend it though. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 13 Author Paid Members Posted August 13 1 hour ago, Callum1993 said: New Day to debut with Swerve in a Trios match at Wembley? I think that would be a great way to debut both men. They showed just how effective they could be as heels after turning on Big E, but inexplicably were not given anything to do. Swerve is the most diabolical heel on the AEW roster, and he’d bounce off them well. Then you have Nana, who could lead into the more comedic side if both men. It would be a strong grouping and one that would elevate the trios titles. It also removes the need for Kofi and Creed to challenge for the tag belts sooner than you might want. Swerve, Kofi and Creed vs Brodido and Hangman would surely be the most significant trios title match the company has ever run, and it could be an absolute corker. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 13 Paid Members Posted August 13 on paper I don't know how I feel about Swerve with the New Day; it worries me that we'll get a deadly serious "no gimmicks needed" version of New Day, rather than them leaning into the fun side of things. But people online were fantasy booking Prince Nana and Kofi Kingston storylines from the moment Kofi stopped being Jamaican, and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if it turns out Tony Khan was one of them. As well as Swerve, Kofi & Creed vs. Hangman & Brodido, you have to think eventually they would get to Swerve & The New Day vs. Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks, which with the right presentation could feel absolutely massive, there's years of the Bucks and Kenny working for a match with the New Day behind it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.