Paid Members Supremo Posted August 24 Paid Members Posted August 24 (edited) 32 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Hayes going would be a real damning indictment of their current booking, given they made a fuss of him being Smackdown's #1 pick. Andrew the Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner, too! Starting to think that might not be the rocket to the top it’s portrayed as being. Should I accept the loss and cash my chips in on Madcap Moss and Mojo Rawley?! Edited August 24 by Supremo Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 24 Posted August 24 11 minutes ago, Supremo said: Andrew the Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner, too! Starting to think that might not be the rocket to the top it’s portrayed as being. Should I accept the loss and cash my chips in on Madcap Moss and Mojo Rawley?! Baron Corbin is US champ. I think at this point, if you're a white, meathead former American Football player that dossed about the WWE undercard in the last decade or so.. you have to be keeping ready for a main event push. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 I miss Mojo. Yet another plot point left dangling. They never explained how he stayed hyped if he never got hyped in the first place. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted August 24 Paid Members Posted August 24 I don't really know anything about Carmelo Hayes, but a look at his Wiki page has some classic WWE booking gems. "After Money in the Bank, Hayes began a feud with fellow Money in the Bank competitor Andrade, with the pair having won three matches each against each other by the end of September.[65] On the October 25 episode of SmackDown, Hayes and Andrade's game seven match, which was also for a United States Championship opportunity, ended in a no contest after special guest referee and reigning champion LA Knight attacked both men, ending their best-of-seven series match at three wins, three losses and one draw each.[66] This led to a triple threat match for the title at Crown Jewel on November 2, which Hayes lost after being pinned by Knight." Imagine being invested in a Best of 7 series just for the last match to end in a no-contest then a triple threat. Christ, WWE is shit. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 24 Paid Members Posted August 24 1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I saw something on Instagram (so likely horse shit) saying Gargano, Damian Priest, Carmelo Hayes and Bayley were all for the chop. Hayes going would be a real damning indictment of their current booking, given they made a fuss of him being Smackdown's #1 pick. I don’t think Bayley will be going anywhere, as much as I’d like her to. They’re being so unsubtle about the potential of her going it feels like they’re trying to set up a very unsurprising surprise. 1 hour ago, Supremo said: This was already some of the saddest, cringiest behaviour of all time. It’ll be even more tragic if they get sacked. My goodness, I didn’t know about that. That’s beyond embarrassing. 1 hour ago, Supremo said: The only positive will be whether he reveals what the endgame was supposed to be for all the planking. Did they even have a plan? If they didn’t have a firm plan for John Cena’s heel turn, I can’t imagine they had a plan for this. It’s the kind of humourless WWE comedy they’ll have convinced themselves is a rib-tickling bit that everyone loves. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 24 Paid Members Posted August 24 Imagine the plane fare alone to fly this lad around the planet for six months, just to lie on a box for twenty seconds. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 24 Posted August 24 (edited) I saw "Hayes might be leaving" and instantly thought Michael Hayes, which is both a damning indictment on Carmelo Hayes and mildly disappointing, as Michael Hayes leaving would at the very least be somewhat interesting. Johnny Gargano's current gimmick is the most interesting he has ever been but he would not be missed if he left. Blake Monroe has apparently been interacting with Bayley on X with a tease of "Friday night" but given all the AEW teases Bayley has also been doing I don't read much into it. I'd be interested to see where she ends up. Damian Priest is due to make his first wrestling appearance in AAA soon and Lola Vice is apparently set to start on Smackdown so I can't see him going anywhere soon but I imagine he is not exactly thrilled with the past year or so of his career either. Edited August 24 by Snitsky's back acne Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 2 minutes ago, Supremo said: Imagine the plane fare alone to fly this lad around the planet for six months, just to lie on a box for twenty seconds. You just know he's paid it himself. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 24 Paid Members Posted August 24 (edited) Gargano is fucking shit, no thanks. I don't want AEW with any more NXT Black & Gold stink. Edited August 24 by LaGoosh Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted August 24 Awards Moderator Posted August 24 I will take Johnny Wrestling vs Johnny TV in a Battle of the Johnnies. And maybe a match with Andrade because I remember those being good. Other than that, I associate Gargano with when I lost interest in NXT, which was the last part of WWE I had interest in. So I’d rather he stayed well away for AEW please. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 24 Paid Members Posted August 24 10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Gargano is fucking shit, no thanks. I don't want AEW with any more NXT Black & Gold stink. I felt similarly about Ciampa, but he's been really good. And to be completely fair, it's been a while since AEW has signed someone who has truly shit the bed. Either they've been great additions (Ciampa, Andrade, Ricochet etc) or they've not really been used (The Inspiration, Isla Dawn, MXM, Price and Oliver). With that in mind if they do sign him, and if he's leaving I suspect that's inevitable, I'm hoping he'll end up being a positive addition. And heck, if it's a DIY reunion he's brought in for, I could see that being a positive in the tag division. You're essentially getting another FTR there, and given that FTR are MIA at the moment, that's not necessarily a bad thing. 50 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Blake Monroe has apparently been interacting with Bayley on X with a tease of "Friday night" but given all the AEW teases Bayley has also been doing I don't read much into it. I'd be interested to see where she ends up. I don't think anyone should read anything into Bayley's AEW teases. If she's looking to negotiate a new deal with them, the suggestion that she might be willing to move elsewhere is probably helpful. I really, really hope she ends up in AEW; but I have a feeling that it's not going to happen. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 11 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Battle of the Johnnies. I think that's one of Vince McMahon's rejected gimmick match ideas. Quote
Chili Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Please don't book The "Triple H what makes you soooo great" lads Vs FTR. I just can't be arsed. If they sign Gargano, then Roderick Strong deserves a non negative comments embargo on the AEW threads. Or they chuck DIY on ROH, in which case, fine. Go ahead. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Imagine Ciampa thinking being stuck with Jericho is the worst thing he could do in AEW and then bloody Gargano turns up. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted August 24 Paid Members Posted August 24 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: I felt similarly about Ciampa, but he's been really good. This is exactly my position on Ciampa. Which only hammers home how fucking much I must hate Gargano. Made Ciampa garbage by association. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.