Paid Members Supremo Posted yesterday at 10:27 AM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 10:27 AM The first thing Max Caster sees when he walks into the Raw locker room, holding the dreadfully unfunny rap they’ve scripted for him. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted yesterday at 12:31 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 12:31 PM Whatever the reason, it's a real shame that they dropped the "forced to reunite" angle cold. Former tag partners forced to get back together because the promoter sees more value in them as a team and keeps booking them in tag matches seems like the kind of angle that should have been done over the years, but I honestly don't recall one. Not on a big stage anyway. It was particularly well suited for these two as since their split Bowens had tried to get serious and stalled, whereas Max had only got goofier and was getting reactions. That dynamic would be perfect. I always saw Bowens as a potential breakout singles star (based mostly on a cracking match he had with Danielson, but broomstick and all that) and thought he looked every inch a megastar when he returned after the split, but that was as good as it got. Still, a shame to see both of them go if that's what's happening. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted yesterday at 12:43 PM Paid Members Posted yesterday at 12:43 PM They did a bit where since Max was coming out with a plaque of his made up Greatest Wrestler Alive thing the jealous Bowens started coming out with three plaques of his real life magazine covers which I thought was absolutely brilliant. Quote
Chili Posted yesterday at 12:48 PM Posted yesterday at 12:48 PM (edited) Billy Gunn being a sly fucker (IMO) buggering off and then weirdly booking Jerry Lynn be the surrogate proxy for him when the put them back together. Odd, but it reeked of old star weirdo politics. The natural conclusion to all of it should have been a fall at final hurdle Tag title loss where Caster really put a shift in and Bowens properly turned heel and beat the shit out of him, because they dropped it because Caster probably did something daft. A shame for all sort of, Bowens actually really struggled without the team dynamics a bit. Caster was always going to make stuff work, not some super worker, but who cares, a canny ability to get some silly bollocks over. The Best Wrestler Alive stuff was tremendously fun. Edited yesterday at 12:54 PM by Chili Quote
Version1.0 Posted 22 hours ago Posted 22 hours ago I think this was the best thing The Acclaimed ever did. Some of the lines are pure fire. * I stay schemeing like I'm Global Force Gold * Hey, look who we have here, it's Ring of Honor's top guy from their bad years. Quote
Chili Posted 22 hours ago Posted 22 hours ago (edited) I think honestly people will look back at Caster generally and realise he's better than remembered (the Luger syndrome). He wasn't bad at all in the ring, just he had an abundance of the greatest wrestlers in the world as co-workers and performance wise could just never reach that high. But he had more personality and essence than a lot of the super workers put together. One of those people that gets weirdly tagged as a WWE style act (see Starks, Wardlow), as if AEW can't exist without whatever that means on it's roster. I always just found him really likeable to watch generally. I hope WWE sign him and I hope he irritates the fuck out of them immediately by doing a rap about TKO or blood money and gets sacked because he's a brilliant daft dickhead. Edited 22 hours ago by Chili Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted 21 hours ago Paid Members Posted 21 hours ago 42 minutes ago, Chili said: He wasn't bad at all in the ring, just he had an abundance of the greatest wrestlers in the world as co-workers and performance wise could just never reach that high. I'd argue that he was a good wrestler! He's just not the type of 5 star epic wrestler that you have to be in AEW to get a consistent push. But he's had loads of good matches and in terms of wrestling as character and for the storyline rather than for the sake of just the match itself he was great and he was great at getting genuine crowd reactions...I'd like to see more of that in wrestling today. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago Caster actually made getting squashed work in his favour, which isn't something you see very often. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted 20 hours ago Paid Members Posted 20 hours ago 1 hour ago, Chili said: He wasn't bad at all in the ring… I think you’ll find he was the best alive™. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.