Your ultimate Olympics

Just Some Guy

35 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'd love to see Kabbadi at the Olympics. I didn't think it was a very widely played game though?

I love the Olympics. A great big celebration and festival of sport. It brings lesser known sports to a greater audience and thus attracts people into a sport they may never known of otherwise. My idea of an ultimate Olympics should celebrate the deep history of sport as well as the modern times and highlight sports from all over from a wide variety of cultures. Every Olympics I can be surprised there's something with enough interest or competed to enough of a standard to be featured. So hopefully Kabaddi would be alright and experience growth being brought to more eyes. 

Edited by MachoLibre

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

lawn bowls

Sorry Foggy old boy I missed this earlier when reading your post. Bowls is in the Commonwealth Games and is one of a few sports that should get upgraded to the Olympics from the Commonwealths like Netball and Squash. 

8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Sorry Foggy old boy I missed this earlier when reading your post. Bowls is in the Commonwealth Games and is one of a few sports that should get upgraded to the Olympics from the Commonwealths like Netball and Squash. 

Isn't the issue with Netball being included as a sport in the Olympics is that to have a shot to be added is the sport has to be gender neutral now.

Netball being a predominantly Female played sport is why it's never up for inclusion, I think Australia has a male league and has decent participation numbers but everywhere else in the world is vastly smaller.

Almost every sport in the Games now has male and female categories, with I believe just the Artistic Gymnastics and Swmming being female only events and the Male only events being a couple of the gymnastics events.

• Paid Members

Thanks @MVP RULZ i didnt know that about all sports pretty much have to be for male and female. I believe the Swimnastics can now be mixed teams, but that there were no men included in any of the teams at this Olympics. 

If that is the case though all of you horse haters have fucked it. All of the equestrian events are mixed gender competitions, they are never getting rid of them. They even allow them to use male and female horses, so you are going to have to live with it. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, deathrey said:

@Lion_of_the_Midlands Yeah it comes on the Punjabi channels on Sky. Kabbadi is massive in India, my dad used to play for his local team growing up but them moved here and that was the end of Kabbadi

That's sad that your dad had to stop playing the sport he enjoyed. Kabaadi does have a strong following in the UK. Especially among Punjabi communities. There are many UK clubs and an organisation that runs events/tournaments up and down the country.

I remember attending a Kabaadi tournament in the Wisconsin area of the US. The tournament was part of a larger event that also hosted international Punjabi folk music artists. Some of the Kabaadi competitors were Afro Carribbean athletes. One in particular looked as if he should have been playing RB for the Packers.

Anyhow. I'd like to see Cliff Diving added to the Olympics and BMX Mega Ramp.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Crown Green Bowls. You can have singles and doubles, men and ladies can play against each other. Play to 21 in the early stages, then to 31 in the last 8.

• Paid Members

I want the current Olympics but with a Jackass theme.

There’s crocs and jellyfish in the pool, the 100m is in shopping trolleys, there’s a furthest enema event, the boxing takes place in a shopping mall, the divers are propelled in the air with a giant inflatable pillow prior to their dive (and they’re dressed like chickens), naked judo, archers have to rub chilli in their eyes prior to firing arrows, high jump takes place over a running bull, bears let loose in the velodrome etc