I am in Blackpool. It is shit. Convince me otherwise.

Thunderplex

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Chili said:

It's got a great comedy club right near the tower, it's a shithole that doesn't try to be anything more. Good chippies.

Is that the one run by Ryan with the big ginger beard?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Blackpool Zoo is great, and there’s some decent chippys but yeah, it’s shite. 

1 hour ago, JLM said:

Oh it is definitely shit. However there is one outstanding chippy there:

https://www.yorkshirefisheries.co.uk

Oldest and finest chippy in Blackpool, and yes it’s called Yorkshire Fisheries despite Blackpool being in Lancashire. 

1 hour ago, chokeout said:

Yorkshire fisheries is indeed the place (plaice?) to go. I live about 10min on the train from Blackpool. 

Yes.

2023-04-07Blackpool.thumb.jpeg.795eecef3b32c42e6d4ed27bcfc4d1ba.jpeg

.... poor photo, great chippy. Was too excited to eat it before remembering to take a photo, fish was already dived into.

Posted (edited)

As mentioned go to Arcade Club, the Zoo and Yorkshire Fisheries. The Pleasure Beach and Sea Life centre are over priced but still pretty good. Stanley Park is very nice too.

There is tons of decent chippies there tbh but if you want decent restaurants get the bus or drive to Lytham. It is about 10 minutes away. Lytham St Annes is basically the opposite of Blackpool, lots of money there and its nice to get away from the rather overwhelming tackiness of Blackpool.

To be honest and it is too late for you but it's better to just stay in a nice hotel in Lytham St Annes and visit the Blackpool tourist spots and then get out of there in the evening.

Edit - If your going to Arcade Club check the opening hours. It's only open Thursday to Sunday and has odd hours. Cool place though and the food and drink in there is decently priced.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Yes.

2023-04-07Blackpool.thumb.jpeg.795eecef3b32c42e6d4ed27bcfc4d1ba.jpeg

.... poor photo, great chippy. Was too excited to eat it before remembering to take a photo, fish was already dived into.

Good man. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

I concur. Why did you go?

Staying in Lytham for a couple of days, fancied a beak round, sorry we bothered.

Ahh fair enough. As Jim Bob mentioned, I think Lytham St Anne's is a bit nicer, my brother lived there for a year. Go to the zoo and enjoy the fish and chips

3 hours ago, chokeout said:

Is that the one run by Ryan with the big ginger beard?

Yes, he's fucking deranged but in a way that somehow runs a successful club. Love playing it.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Me and the boy were in Blackpool last week for a couple of days, and we had a great time. Admittedly, this is largely down to him being young and liking the old buildings, and me having a soft spot for the place from going there as a child. Having decent weather helped too.

We explored the shipwrecks up in Fleetwood, and then went and found the wreck of the Albana in Cleveleys. We did the ballroom and tower, Arcade Club, South and Central piers, took a trip down to St Anne's to marvel at how their pier hasn't been condemned, yomped over the dunes to Fylde to see the Spitfire, and finished off with a bag of hot sugary donuts.

You are right about the disproportionally high number of people that look like they're from a very small gene pool though, and this was one of the first observations I made to my girlfriend when I got back. 

The Doctor Who exhibition was terribly disappointing.

IMG_20240604_154229.thumb.jpg.840b65bdd53ff0f552b87f1423d2ef6e.jpg

Edited by Surf Digby

Lol I live in st Anne's the town over and even I won't go over to Blackpool unless it's something I really need to do or get.

It's actually sad because it wasn't always this way I mean Blackpool's always had it's bad areas but it's God awful not the Vegas of the north it once was