• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Lib Dems got trounced here, coming last. Not a surprise really as like I said not long after I voted they were some random from Southport in a seat that Labour would predictably win with a strong candidate, and win they did. Like other working class areas, Reform weren't too far behind in second.

One surprise result was Stockton West staying Tory. A few of the parts that make it up are the "posh" areas of Stockton like Yarm or places that were once thought of as posh but are actual shit holes like Ingleby Barwick. They didn't win by much, mind you.

While I'm not thrilled by Keir Starmer, and certainly not by Nigel Farage, it is refreshing after 14 years to see a fairly mixed government starting to form. Whether you like the voices or not, it's somewhat empowering to know that so many of them will be heard now rather than it just being relentlessly Tory.

Ed Davey, Daisy Cooper, Carla Denyer and Adrian Ramsey all got/kept seats, and fair play to them. I'm happy to see both Green and Lib Dem do relatively well in this.

Edited by FLips

• Paid Members

What a beautiful result to wake up to. Our local Labour candidate romped home and surrounding constituencies in Stoke have also gone to Labour.

The Lib Dems have done better than expected, especially given their manifesto was a little lacklustre (rejoining the SM & legal weed being the only 2 big stand outs). 

I know it's petty & a bit spiteful but seeing the worst people in politics bemoan the result today will make my coffee taste that little bit nicer. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Galloway lost.

Birmingham Yardley had some rather unsavoury heckling during Jess Philips (Labour) victory speech. Reports suggest that the Yardley campaign suffered some horrible acts of lawlessness.

Both Priti Patel and Stella Braverman held their seats.

Corbyn and Duane Abbott held their seats. 

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Galloway lost.

Good

1 minute ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Liz Truss lost in what was considered a very safe seat....

Great!

8 hours ago, Max Power said:

Barnsley North and South have figures of a 99% chance of a Reform gain.

I'm embarrassed.

Wow.

The Exit Poll predicted 99% and 98% respectively in those two Wards.

But they were both wrong. I stand corrected.

• Paid Members

I usually stay out of discussion of politics because it’s quite frankly a stress I could do without.

But… can’t believe the fuckwits are finally gone. It only took prostitution of our country’s economic future on the Brexit referendum for Cameron’s personal agenda, entrusting Brexit to a woman that had campaigned for Remain, believing we could avoid a global pandemic by washing our hands, Johnson telling us to abide by rules he didn’t follow, Liz Truss trying to make life easier for the rich in the depths of Cossy Livs in a reign briefer than David Unsworths piss break as a Villa player, and Sunak pulling a Jim Warrior on war veterans and likening himself to the poorest by bemoaning when his Sky was switched off like fucking Dynamite Kid.

What a legacy.

• Paid Members

Blackburn went to an independent called Adnan Hussain. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Birmingham Yardley had some rather unsavoury heckling during Jess Philips (Labour) victory speech.

And deservedly so.

Except it was from pro-Palestine supporters in support of a transphobic candidate.

This country is great.

• Paid Members

The Exit Poll actually proved to be better than expected, with Labour being bang on, overestimating Reform and underestimating Lib Dems and Green. Would have liked to see more seats for Plaid Cymru but can't complain at all with the fact the Tories got completely wiped out of Wales.