Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Didn’t realise this was this coming Saturday! Seems to have come around super quick. I assume they’re going to have the do a flash sale to get rid of all those ridiculously priced ringside seats.

Should be a good show, if only to se Drew get his flowers. He’s been the MVP of this company in 2024. Good for him to get his big moment. Cool that it comes ten years since he was originally released. What a comeback!

They’ve lost their fucking minds if they keep the belt on Priest. I know the temptation will be there to send Punk out there to cost Drew for nuclear heel heat, like HBK at One Night Only or Cena at One Night Stand, but come on. It’s now or never. Priest sucks, DM Hunk rules, and you’re never going to get a better crowd to pull the trigger in front of. Punk can attack him mid-celebration if you must.

But yeah. Seems they’ve finally bottled it. No more press conferences. Those pesky journalists ruined it by asking proper questions rather than sucking Hunter dry.

Edited by Supremo
Why are you so brilliant, Trips?

I desperately want Punk to cost McIntyre the title.

I'm not particularly arsed with seeing the companies best heel get his flowers. I want to see the temperature turned up a notch on his character, and I think it could be better for him in the long run too.

I'm usually the one calling for them to just pull the trigger, but for right now I'm not sure beating the worst Champion in years for the companies 4th ranked title is a trigger worth pulling when there's something much more interesting at play.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Shit eating grin Punk getting some of the biggest heat ever as the show fades to black. 

Every other ending is tied second. 

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Lack of a press conference after makes me think Drew won't win and they'll just go into hiding.

That’s been rubbished, press conference and a post-show was confirmed to Wrestlenomics when they reached out to ask.

• Paid Members
On 5/10/2024 at 1:08 PM, air_raid said:

"and will miss the chance to see Scottish wrestling talent like Piper Niven, Alba Fyre, Nikki Cross and Drew McIntyre."

Aye, all three of them DEFINITELY are getting on the PPV.

Just to cheer anyone up I may have had to make look silly in the past… I look a bit silly now that Niven, Fyre and Isla Dawn have all been (somehow) put into title matches for the show. I’ll leave you to decide, gentle reader, if the energy is more Anvil “I main evented a PPV in 1997” levels, or full blown Lance Storm “so I tagged with Andy Local instead.”

Not going to lie, (The?) Unholy Union winning the tag belts from ‘gilly and Belly just to get a big pop because it’s Scotland would make my recently revived fandom retract so hard, I’ll have to do Jermain Defoe handstands up the wall to have any hope of renewing my vigour for the rest of the show.

4 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Him coming out and doing a parody song would get the crowd going mental, why not?

Would it?

How over is he? Do people even know who he is?

In my head he comes out to the warm hum of indifference.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Would it?

How over is he? Do people even know who he is?

In my head he comes out to the warm hum of indifference.

I believe in Joe Hendry made the top 10 in the uk singles charts mere weeks ago. If Grado can get a big pop at Wembley without ever apron AEW TV, Hendry will be fine

17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I believe in Joe Hendry made the top 10 in the uk singles charts mere weeks ago. If Grado can get a big pop at Wembley without ever apron AEW TV, Hendry will be fine

Not to discount its success, but this isn't true.   It made the Top 10 of the downloads chart.   It didn't even make the Top 100 of the Official Singles Chart.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Not to discount its success, but this isn't true.   It made the Top 10 of the downloads chart.   It didn't even make the Top 100 of the Official Singles Chart.

Depends on whether you are a BBC fan or a Local radio fan as it made number 4 on the Network Chart https://www.bigtop40.com/charts/2024/18/

The official charts are really confusing. It reached number 6 here, but apparently there is another chart with airplay included and it didn't make that https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-sales-chart/20240503/7509/