Darkside of the Ring season 4 discussion.

I thought the Sherri episode was beautifully done. Having clips from her shoot interview tying everything together was a nice touch, and the scene at the end with her son and his step mum actually got me a bit emotional.  Despite this season leaning more towards the general biography category, I've actually really enjoyed it (Beefcake episode aside).  Probably more than the last couple of seasons to be honest. 

My god this last episode was impactful. I legit cried for the poor boy. I am hoping against hope that he defeats the cancer. Great work from Dark Side. Honestly I think this season (except for the barber episode) has been the best one so far. Really emotional stuff.

And Sherri has always been a true legend. Bischoff is right, you can't talk about the legends of women's wrestling without mentioning her.

1 hour ago, FFTHEWINNER said:

And Sherri has always been a true legend. Bischoff is right, you can't talk about the legends of women's wrestling without mentioning her.

I've always maintained that Sherri was good at everything - wrestling, promo, managing, 'the look'. There have been women who maybe beat her in one or two of the categories but in all four, nobody has ever come close to Sherri. 

• Paid Members

That Jamie Kellner killed WCW simply because they “didn’t want wrestling on the channel” and not because it was a money-losing property of epic scale?

Genuinely can't believe it the main episode of this season I was into and what a absolutely pointless topic in honesty. If you look at most the topics over all the seasons this wasn't even tame it was fucking nothing whatsoever. He's a legendary figure in this world for the shit he did in ecw but Christ the entire world knows he's a drunk that was his entire fucking foundation the entire career.

I do like this show and documentary talking about the awful shit within the industry that have been kept quiet and brushed away but jesus this one was a waste 

24 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Genuinely can't believe it the main episode of this season I was into and what a absolutely pointless topic in honesty. If you look at most the topics over all the seasons this wasn't even tame it was fucking nothing whatsoever. He's a legendary figure in this world for the shit he did in ecw but Christ the entire world knows he's a drunk that was his entire fucking foundation the entire career.

I do like this show and documentary talking about the awful shit within the industry that have been kept quiet and brushed away but jesus this one was a waste 

Who are you talking about?

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The best thing about that clip of WCW is Bret just calling everyone an idiot. I love that man

I will never forget that line from his shoot interview where he just said "I was scratching my head from the day I got into the WCW (sic) until the day I left."

11 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Conversely, I thought it was really good. 

They had the right talking heads in the form of his wife and kids, Fonzie, Sabu, RVD, Tod Gordon and the like and I thought it did a commendable job in showing just why The Sandman was as popular as he was. 

Granted, there wasn't much as far as major revelations, but I didn't know about him spending tens of thousands and 'roids and HGH for his WCW run and subsequently becoming a violent domestic abuser. 

I ended up feeling particularly bad for his son Tyler, who not only missed having his dad around but also seemed to resent being roped into the angle between The Sandman and Raven. 

1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Conversely, I thought it was really good. 

They had the right talking heads in the form of his wife and kids, Fonzie, Sabu, RVD, Tod Gordon and the like and I thought it did a commendable job in showing just why The Sandman was as popular as he was. 

Granted, there wasn't much as far as major revelations, but I didn't know about him spending tens of thousands and 'roids and HGH for his WCW run and subsequently becoming a violent domestic abuser. 

I ended up feeling particularly bad for his son Tyler, who not only missed having his dad around but also seemed to resent being roped into the angle between The Sandman and Raven. 

Mate I did feel for Tyler and his daughter having to bail him out of jail and Go to several ATMs at night to get the money together. He's not changed much when he wrestled for gcw last year he got knocked out and just lay on the apron about two moves in.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

I will never forget that line from his shoot interview where he just said "I was scratching my head from the day I got into the WCW (sic) until the day I left."

“If you asked me to list the things they did get right then I’d really have to scratch my head”. 

IMG_8699.jpeg

Man, i dont know if Raven truly believes his own BS or what.

The Sandman storyline was fine and all but it didnt draw any money and it never really went anywhere.

Raven calling it one of the best ever was quite the stretch or the man is delusional.