Darkside of the Ring season 4 discussion.

2 hours ago, boshealecta said:

Enjoyed the , Harley Race, Chris Colt and Chris Adams ones. I’ve started fast forwarding past the intros (as it gives away the whole story) and it’s much more enjoyable and surprising. 

Also never realised Stone Cold was married to a Brit and had kids with her.  

I had a real lightbulb moment when the talking head, Jeanie Clarke was shown as Lady Blossom.

2 hours ago, boshealecta said:

Enjoyed the , Harley Race, Chris Colt and Chris Adams ones. I’ve started fast forwarding past the intros (as it gives away the whole story) and it’s much more enjoyable and surprising. 

Also never realised Stone Cold was married to a Brit and had kids with her.  

Yup. Lady Blossom/Jeanie Clarke. An Essex girl. Very good heel in World Class. 

• Paid Members

She was also around Gino Hernandez a lot just before he died. Think she said she lived opposite him at the time of his death. For someone who wasn’t active in wrestling herself all that long, she’s got a fair bit of interesting stuff to talk about. 

• Paid Members

the Chris Adams interview didn't have much I didn't already know, though having Booray and his all-timer of a terrible haircut there to tell the story added some depth to it, as did having Neil Adams involved; I'm honestly not sure I even knew Neil was Chris' brother!

The Chris Colt episode was fantastic, though - I only really knew the absolute basics about his story, mostly the Dupree Brothers, but that's the kind of thing I want to see more of from DSOTR, digging up characters and stories that are new to most of the audience and shine a light on a bit of wrestling history that hasn't been done to death. 

I've really enjoyed this series. Like Pat said, the Chris Colt episode was a highlight and I agree that more episodes on obscure figures would be welcome. 

In saying that, I am really looking forward to the episode on Sherri Martel. Just seen the trailer and they have her ex-husband appearing as a talking head, as their run of getting the right people to tell the stories continues. 

On 4/22/2024 at 7:54 AM, The Reverend said:

It's been a long time since I read it but I really enjoyed it when I did.  I don't know it I ever mentioned it, but I sent Jeanie a bunch of DVDs from her time in Dallas and WCW as she didn't have anything and she sent me a copy of the book as a thank you.

spacer.png

Sherri's episode was really good but sad. I think it's a shame that she doesn't get mentioned as much as she should for how good she actually was. Sherri was main event talent. Flair, Hogan, Savage... You don't work with them unless you are top tier, and she was. 

It's sad to see her son so ill and the sacrifices she made to 'make it' are a really eye-opener.

I never knew her and Jake had been in a relationship either.

Madusa raised a good point though - Sherri was fired for her drug problems when a lot of the men were not. Standard pro wrestling. 

Yeah I enjoyed this week's episode but Christ it was sad as soon as you saw her son it just felt really rough genuinely feel for him.

I've said it a couple of times this season hasn't been the best I personally think it's the worst out of the lot but let's be honest they could Go for a hundred series and still not cover everything.

I am looking forward to the sandman episode though 

20 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

It's been a long time since I read it but I really enjoyed it when I did.  I don't know it I ever mentioned it, but I sent Jeanie a bunch of DVDs from her time in Dallas and WCW as she didn't have anything and she sent me a copy of the book as a thank you.

spacer.png

I was one of the authors of the book and Jeanie is a class act. Such a lovely lady and I was glad that she managed to survive the industry that almost dragged her under.