It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

I think it’s likely they end up doing Jimmy vs Jey at Mania so could see Jimmy costing Jey the title against Gunther on a Raw between now and then. Maybe Sami against Gunther for Mania then? 

BINGO. I’ve been racking my brains trying to think who Gunther would fight if they did Uso vs Uso (or I suspect Uso +1 vs Uso +1) ….  and much as I’d have loved Kev and Sami going for the belts again, since I have nothing for AJ yet,  I can see them conflating two existing rivalries of Knight vs Styles and Logan vs Owens into one match… which still ends with LA Knight as US Champ.

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes (N2 Main)

Roman Reigns & The Rock vs Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins (N1 main)

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre

Gunther vs Sami Zayn

Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch

Jey Uso & Randy Orton vs Jimmy Uso & Solo Sikoa

Io Sky vs Bayley

Logan Paul vs LA Knight vs AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens

Finn Balor & Damien Priest vs Awesome Truth

Bianca Belair vs Jade Cargill

lWo vs LDF

…. sign me up, Uncle Paul!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

There's some history to it, as it was rumoured for last year's Wrestlemania. The staredown in the Rumble seen as a tease for it. When it be became apparent it wasn't happening and getting Lesnar v. Omos instead. that was seen as a sign Vince was meddling in HHH's creative. May have been some politicking from Lesnar as well.

That’s another one for the pile along with the half-baked idea of Lesnar vs Steve Austin (as seemingly an annual occurrence of planning around a part time or retired wrestler before they commit), the idea of the Lesnar vs Lashley feud ending at Mania which they self-sabotaged when they had Bray Wyatt challenge the Lesnar/Lashley winner for Mania… except (and not for the first time) Lesnar said no to a Bray Wyatt Spooky Bollocks feud for Mania. So they moved to Lashley vs Wyatt (which also never happened) and Brock was left with the short/tall straw of Omos. Definitely high on my last of “never the plan” that one. Would have been far better off with Guther.

• Paid Members

I don't understand this prolonged narrative of hiding Cargill's perceived weaknesses. Nobody knows where she is in terms of her progress. Nobody also seems that bothered about hiding Bron Breakker's weaknesses, by way of comparison.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Will they go with Gunther vs Bron Breakker?

Is it too early for Bron to win that match? It would either make him or brakke him that's for sure. It's a big risk to catapult him straight to Gunther, especially if you want Gunther to challenge for the world/undisputed/whichever is which next year. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't understand this prolonged narrative of hiding Cargill's perceived weaknesses. Nobody knows where she is in terms of her progress. Nobody also seems that bothered about hiding Bron Breakker's weaknesses, by way of comparison.

You're right that Jade could well have come on leaps and bounds since leaving AEW, she's obviously been training and working hard in that time, but I think the reason no one's concerned about Bron's weaknesses is because they're not as big as Jade's.

50 minutes ago, Duke said:

You're right that Jade could well have come on leaps and bounds since leaving AEW, she's obviously been training and working hard in that time, but I think the reason no one's concerned about Bron's weaknesses is because they're not as big as Jade's.

Yeah.  Bron is still green but his timing, instincts and athleticism is insane.  He's clearly going to be one of the big WWE stars of the next decade.  He gets it.

Jade has an incredible presence, and character but has never looked that comfortable in the ring.  It's just not instinctive for her.  She reminds me a little of Goldberg - she can be coached into being good enough to hold her own but she may never "get it" in the same way, in that easy instinctual understanding of the movement within the squared circle.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Duke said:

We’ve only got her Rumble appearance so far, but she looked no better, and Bayley was audibly helping her get into position or ready for spots. Considering Trips threw her AEW training under the bus, it doesn’t look like her 5 months at the PE has helped that much. 

And I think the reason for that and the Bron comparison is because Bron wants this life, Jade doesn’t need wrestling as she’s successful outside of the business, and that’s a great thing.