It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I have been waiting for *YEARS* for someone to do that. (Has anyone else done it that I'm not aware of?)

Not that I can remember on any tv from the major companies. But I remember Trevor Lee at PWG kept dismantling the tables every time they were set up to annoy the fans. And it worked. 

7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Isn’t that just a fan video?

No it’s from WWE. They’ve been doing it a while. 

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

You think that's fake? She's a hell of an actress then, that's proper ugly crying.  Of course they filmed her, they film everything, they're a film production company.

I do. She must’ve done the Dennis Reynolds onion trick for the tear. And yeah I get they film everything. It just doesn’t feel authentic to me in regards to her. People quite rightly can’t stand Justin Roberts. She’s the female equivalent imo. Over the top, annoying voice. Can’t stand it. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

I have not enjoyed the announcer's work much at all - until this weekend. I just think her calls are too over the top for the weekly shows, but it worked here. The choking over an announcement or two though, ach I don't know if I'm a fan. If something is genuine and doesn't distract from a key moment, it should be fine. But I was kinda distracted with the main event victory call. For a second or two, at least.. There was a lot going on!

5 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

I'm with you 100 percent. I don't need someone crying to tell me this is an emotional moment. I can see that with my own eyes. Its just a peeve of mine, She just comes across as fake. The way she pronounced the names of the states etc, its like she was putting on a voice to sound more epic, Didn't work AT ALL for me. But hey, if you like her, knock your socks off. We're all entitled to our opinions.

Well yeah, she’s not Morgan Freeman. Most people would have to put a voice on to sound more epic. It’s part of her job!

Just now, Mr_Danger said:

Well yeah, she’s not Morgan Freeman. Most people would have to put a voice on to sound more epic. It’s part of her job!

And I get that, I guess I just don't like obviously forced and fake reactions. She doesn't have to be Morgan Freeman but maybe act like an actual human?

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Apparently this makes her "unprofessional" according to some people. 

It's as if these people are friends in a company and have genuine emotion for their friends success. Mad I know.

Years and years of WWE expecting everyone to work like a fucking robot has people thinking that's how it should be.

Lads, lads. Let us not fall for the temptation of cynicism.

Whether you want Samantha Irvin crying or not, Cody is champion, The Rock is back, Cena's hair is clinging on and Michael Cole is my spirit animal.

It's a good day.

• Paid Members

As long as we can all agree this is the funniest thing of all time. The most ridiculous man alive reaches his final form. Like at the end of a video game, when they tell you it’s the final boss and you can’t return, so you just spend all your loot on the stupidest item.

IMG_8004.thumb.jpeg.f9618023c07d9901c7e55e16d933b660.jpeg

Just now, Supremo said:

As long as we can all agree this is the funniest thing of all time. The most ridiculous man alive reaches his final form. Like at the end of a video game, when they tell you it’s the final boss and you can’t return, so you just spend all your loot on the stupidest item.

IMG_8004.thumb.jpeg.f9618023c07d9901c7e55e16d933b660.jpeg

Imagine how happy they were when, just as they thought they'd squeezed every Paul 'Triple H' Levesque homage in they could to the weekend, someone came up with spiky Americana Skeletor.

Brandi should have taken her wedding ring off to cap it off.

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Years and years of WWE expecting everyone to work like a fucking robot has people thinking that's how it should be.

Ironic now they clearly have some sort of alien/android/human replicant as champ.

• Paid Members

Re : Samantha - I don't get why she'd want to fake an emotional wobbling voice instead of just announcing as clearly and powerfully as possible i.e. doing her job the best she can.

Michael Cole was superb on commentary in that Main Event. He's always going to somewhat grate on me, but he can be excellent and last night felt the first time he's called a 'Mania main event and it felt like he added to it.

Every wrestlemania, they play some kind of hype video for the next, except (unless I missed it), there wasn’t one this year.

Wonder if they’re reconsidering the plan originally, and looking to go somewhere potentially not cold, given how it made the crowd on Night 1?

• Paid Members

They have a camera on Samantha at all times. They did the same when The Rock returned at Raw. 

It’s just for your TikTok viral moments. Basically if you gave this guy a microphone IMG_3152.jpeg.3f869017d7212778bd8a9a31978a7b73.jpeg

Same result. 

How dare she enjoy wrestling.  As long as there's an arse in a seat every 18 inches she shouldn't give a shit.