Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

• Paid Members

You'd have had to show up to the conference call with a woman attached to your dick to handle it worse than Triple H did, though.

EDIT: I said "pants around your ankles" on twitter. The UKFF is where you get Extreme Ian!

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I've seen quite a few interviews from this lawyer, and it sounds like she's out to get WWE (quite rightly, it seems). She said the other day that WWE had 'enabled' some of the 'most sadistic depravity' that she'd seen in her decades long career.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

That picture of Vince there looks like it was generated by an AI.

John Laurinatis pretty much confirming the allegations are true but he was a victim of Vince too is quite the move. Quotes from his lawyer below.

Spoiler

“Mr. Laurinaitis denies the allegations in the misguided complaint and will be vigorously defending these charges in Court, not the media. Like the Plaintiff, Mr. Laurinaitis is a victim in this case, not a predator. The truth will come out.”

In response to a followup question seeking to clarify that he was indeed saying that McMahon was the predator and that Laurinaitis, like Grant, was a victim, Brennan wrote, “Read the allegations. Read the Federal Statute. Power, control, employment supervisory capacity, dictatorial sexual demands with repercussions if not met. Count how many times in the complaint Vince exerts control over both of them.”

Edited by FUM

3 minutes ago, FUM said:

John Laurinatis pretty much confirming the allegations are true but he was a victim of Vince too is quite the move. Quotes from his lawyer below.

Hide contents

“Mr. Laurinaitis denies the allegations in the misguided complaint and will be vigorously defending these charges in Court, not the media. Like the Plaintiff, Mr. Laurinaitis is a victim in this case, not a predator. The truth will come out.”

In response to a followup question seeking to clarify that he was indeed saying that McMahon was the predator and that Laurinaitis, like Grant, was a victim, Brennan wrote, “Read the allegations. Read the Federal Statute. Power, control, employment supervisory capacity, dictatorial sexual demands with repercussions if not met. Count how many times in the complaint Vince exerts control over both of them.”

Erm... this feels like a criminal case could be brought... if he confirms the claims by the back door, whether he sees himself as the victim or not, Vince could face serious repercussions I think.

7 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Erm... this feels like a criminal case could be brought... if he confirms the claims by the back door, whether he sees himself as the victim or not, Vince could face serious repercussions I think.

Wow I don't think many people expected Johnny to turn on Vince and most shockingly he is one of his inner circle friends so either he is absolutely certain we have only started the horrendous journey and knows there's so much more to come out now. Or he's a utter scumbag and trying to save as much of his own skin as possible.

I seriously hope this thread is treated with decorum ect but I have a genuine question here and I unfortunately have lived with trying to get someone to court for one but have a conviction. We have seen this so damn much when you have money it's a entirely different ballgame....do we think Vince will get taken to court and possibly convinced for these horrendous crimes? 

• Paid Members

Right now this is not a criminal case. Its civil. Hopefully he gets taken to the cleaners but really I want this to go to discovery so it all is made public. Now depending on the evidence and testimonies I think there could be a criminal case to come.

There is also a grand jury investigation ongoing but it seems like that might not come to anything if it's not within the next 6 months or so.

I highly recommend this from Post Wrestling. They have been covering it with class and great detail.

Torrie Wilson’s account of how harrowing it was to do bikini contests is pretty difficult to read. But if nothing else, it’s good that she feels safe enough to say that now, which presumably wasn’t the case during Speaking Out; when WWE was still controlled by Vince McMahon. I really hope his downfall sparks the kind of meaningful change and accountability that this industry needs.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

https://archive.ph/ZF31K (paywall-busting link to Wall Street Journal piece)

Turns out Vince has been under federal criminal investigation for this since mid-2022, his phone was searched under warrant in the summer, and he was hit by a grand jury subpoena to hand over any relevant documents. At least four women who are named in the subpoena have reached settlements and some have been interviewed by prosecutor.

(Grand jury subpoena means they likely intend to prosecute, which involves presenting the evidence to a jury. They don't decide guilt but rather whether there's enough evidence to proceed to trial.)

tl;dr: This is already moving towards a criminal trial.

https://www.thesportster.com/sables-lawsuit-against-the-wwe-explained/ 

Sable's lawsuit was nearly 25 years ago.

Sunny also said that her food was shit in (I believe X-Pac confirmed both this and shitting in Sable's bag.). Amy Weber also spoke out about Randy Orton and Edge in 2005 after she was released too.

https://www.thesportster.com/wwe-bullying-from-wrestlers-drove-amy-weber-out/

Honestly, if this does go to a criminal trial Vince is (quite rightly) fucked. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Or does presidential pardon extend to the federal level?

It's limited purely to the federal level. It's one of the reasons Mark Meadows was trying to move one of Trump's trials from Georgia to the federal level; the president can't issue a pardon or a commutation unless a federal court issued the verdict. Those powers otherwise rest with states and their governors. (I suppose Trump could make a run for Governor of Georgia, New York, and so on from his prison cell should the election be stolen from him he lose again.)