Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

• Paid Members

Minor point but feels like a big thing for the company. 

As PWInsider notes, this marks the first time that no blood member of the McMahon family is officially working for WWE/WWF/WWWF

it was always going to happen with TKO taking over but I doubt anyone would have called it this quickly. 

he's off the board, he'll still be making millions and millions a year off the company...but noone will mention that. 

11 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It's not. Some people in it are. 

Nah. It’s a terrible place. Even without this incident the way the workers are treated is vile. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, chokeout said:

he's off the board, he'll still be making millions and millions a year off the company...but noone will mention that. 

That'll be from share dividends, right?

These types of people always have a way of keeping themselves on the gravy train. Profiting whilst facing these allegations. Doesn't see right.

I also saw Jerry Mcdevvit mentioned as Council. Hasn't he retired?

Edited by BigJag

12 hours ago, Dai said:

Not to detract from how disgusting/disgraceful all of this is, but naming the dildo's after wrestlers seems really bizarre too. Wonder what was going on there.

Depends what he called them l, if he called the Hurricane, Kane, Big E or The Rock it could just be a joke that is funnier in his head than in real life. If he called them Dolph, Cena or AJ it would be a lot weirder.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Did he forsee this coming? 

I know there has been a lot of information around this, but from what I understand she’s been able to break the NDA and file the charges because Vince only paid $1m of a $3m pay agreement. If that’s true, then yes I think he did. And even if that’s not completely accurate, he probably knew sooner or later someone would reveal something that could be pinned on him. All those closest are dying, retiring or fallen out.

• Paid Members

The amount of coping I’ve seen about this is crazy. Everyone seems to agree this is all horrendous and anyone who was involved or knew anything needs to be binned off immediately. But not Papa H. Our Lord and Saviour Hunter Hearst Helmsley (who worked closer to Vince than almost anyone for years) definitely didn’t know anything. He has to be innocent! Look at how successful The Bloodline saga has been!

I don’t think much more will come of it. I think they’ll draw a line under it now and try and move on, but imagine if Khan and Hunter were implicated? What do you even do at that point? They’re essentially running every aspect of the company. Who could replace them at such short notice?

An industry where everything has happened and nothing should surprise us anymore, only for WWE to be owned and ran by the fucking Rock, with Paul Heyman booking it?! Every time you think it can’t get crazier, life finds a way.

Edited by Supremo

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The amount of coping I’ve seen about this is crazy. Everyone seems to agree this is all horrendous and anyone who was involved or knew anything needs to be binned off immediately. But not Papa H. Our Lord and Saviour Hunter Hearst Helmsley (who worked closer to Vince than almost anyone for years) definitely didn’t know anything. He has to be innocent! Look at how successful The Bloodline saga has been!

I don’t think much more will come of it. I think they’ll draw a line under it now and try and move on, but imagine if Khan and Hunter were implicated? What do you even do at that point? They’re essentially running every aspect of the company. Who could replace them at such short notice?

An industry where everything has happened and nothing should surprise us anymore, only for WWE to be owned and ran by the fucking Rock, with Paul Heyman booking it?! Every time you think it can’t get crazier, life finds a way.

My main issue is anyone ascribing names to it. 

It should be 'anyone involved with the behaviour, or who enabled, facilitated or ignored the behaviour, should be gone'. It shouldn't even be about 'Triple H should/shouldn't go' as we don't know anything besides what the victim put in her statement at this point.

Endeavour, if they're the serious company they think they are, should investigate properly and act accordingly. Whether they sweep under the carpet or out the door, sweeping is still a pretty inexact way to handle such serious allegations, and it would do a disservice to the victim. Anyone who gets let go shouldn't be able to hide behind 'well Endeavour just did a purge', it should be known that they are gone because they were complicit in something horrific.

These quick fixes never actually provide justice or fix culture.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Everything in America, from TV companies to large, influential corporations are run by mega rich, middle aged white men who likely all indulge in the same activity as Vince, if not worse.

Anyone thinking this is the end of WWE is naive. Sure they might lose a few sponsors temporarily but overall the company will continue to print money. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Whilst I get your point and fully agree, the copium is there, but there is also a lot of 'Hopium' (if that's a phrase) that HHH has GOT to be involved, from the other side of the fence without any actual evidence to suggest so.

It's all bollocks, it's all speculation and a lot of it is really bad faith based on one woman's absolutely horrendous experience because people happen to enjoy one version of wrestling over another.

I've seen more posts about wishing HHH to be gone or implicated, than aiming the ire at people like Laurenitis or Vince himself.