The hot sauce thread

RedRooster

My current two go-tos at the minute are:

The Rib Man's Holy Fuck for general use, dipping, etc.

Holy-Fuck__30421.1643979015.JPG?c=1

But the sauce that has probably become my favourite sauce of all time is Thiccc Sauce's Bourbon BBQ Sriracha. Its out of this world. Probably more of a BBQ sauce rather than a straight up hot sauce but it's a lot spicier than your regular BBQ sauce. Kind of half and half.

I got through so much of it that I'm having to buy the 500ml squeezy bottles of it.

store_carmera_2022525_152035_608_1024x10

4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Couldn't care less when its as tasty as it is.

Just a personal preference and a small joke. I can't bring myself to buy a FUCK OFF sauce or whatever, just as I can't ask for some "filthy fries, extra filthy" etc

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Just a personal preference and a small joke. I can't bring myself to buy a FUCK OFF sauce or whatever, just as I can't ask for some "filthy fries, extra filthy" etc

Bet you’re a barrel of laughs when you and the lads go for a cheeky Nando’s. 

• Paid Members

I'm basic a f and love Cholula, the original, the chipotle and my favourite, chili garlic. 

I also like the Encona West Indian one, but I only use it specifically when eating a spicy chicken burger, with a slice of lettuce, tomato ketchup and a generous helping of the Encona sauce. It's a very specific taste combination. 

• Awards Moderator

Pip’s is the one for me.

IMG_1504.thumb.jpeg.c9643f9e32a6b9af92b4c1c989f1a4f4.jpeg

Because the UKFF is mental, I was sent a pack of them by a wonderful girl who @Philo_Vance met on holiday in Greece years ago.

I love hot sauce. After mint sauce, it’s the thing I put on everything most at any given opportunity. My problem is that hot sauce hates me. As much as I adore what it adds to my food, my body reacts like I’m Prince Andrew trapped in Toys ’R’ Us. My forehead sweats, my beard sweats and I hate going to the loo if we’re out in case I’ve got an arse torpedo on show. Anyone I’m with thinks I’m eating it through sufferance, but I genuinely love it. 

But, yeah. Pip’s. Give them a go. I’ve tried all of them (I think) since I was gifted that first pack but the absolute best which I’ve since ordered a few times is La Boca del Diablo. It’s incredible. It has that insane kick you want, but somehow also doesn’t sting for too long. There’s also a sweet chilli version of this that’s great to chuck into a stir-fry.

IMG_1505.thumb.jpeg.89d6949d9e68a4eeeabd4827f1ff645d.jpeg

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

@Loki If you ever do that, try some Eastern NC bbq. It's more vinegar than tomato, but when it's good it's amazing. Keep meaning to go to Lexington, which is the place locally for BBQ.

@Gus Mears Didn't even know it was a chain! Was in a really grotty mall, but Gatlinburg is a grotty mall in its own right, it's blinding.

Word of warning about the Encona sauce.  Mrs Loki generously bought me one of the squeezy plastic bottles of it recently, which I opened tonight in honour of this thread.

They’ve made it more liquid presumably to aid in squeezing but it’s not the same therefore as the glass bottled stuff, so stick with that.

The effect is the same though - I audaciously used it to accompany a thai red curry and have spent an hour sweating out of the back of my neck.  

It’s odd how different chillis hit different bits of you - a Madras makes me sweat from my eye sockets and hairline, but Encona is a scalp and neck tingler.

I used to design and sell pin badges for a short while and I ordered some stickers and acrylic pin badges from a company called Sticker Mule.

One time randomly along with my order of pin badges I received a bottle of their own hot sauce - Mule Sauce - which they began sending out with any orders over a certain amount maybe ÂŁ100 or so.

It seemed like the most random thing going.

Sauce wasn't great.

Mr.Naga is a great chilli sauce. Had a friend at a old warehouse I worked at bring it in once and since then loved it. Nice dollop in a Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle does the trick.

But the one I always remember from him was "Suicide Sauce" He said he used to get it from a chippy in Brick Lane (or somewhere else in East London I forget where) It had the most amazing after taste but for the first 5 to 10 second it was so hot. Calmed down pretty quick though and as I say the after taste was fantastic. Kept you coming back for more,even though you knew how hot it would be at first.

Edited by Bradyisgod22

spacer.png

This is mainly what I use as general sauce for chicken, it's inoffensive and doesn't ruin/overpower anything. It goes well with brisket tacos I've had too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are my go to's for BBQs and daft let's eat hot stuff efforts with friends. The Reaver's hot sauce I use mainly for marinating goat, seems to soak into goat better than chicken. The game changer is used as accompanant to anything really. I've mixed it with mash to pep up a Sunday dinner, it's hot for sure and I'm sure there's better out there but it's never failed to make a friend reach for the nearest drink when trying it for the first time.

All can be bought from here: https://www.fireflybbq.co.uk/collections/chilli-hot-sauces

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members

So, I combined these two last night and it was divine.

20240126_083949.thumb.jpg.311a3f5cf3184a4a66ebb36a09b50555.jpg

As much as I love scotch bonnet hot sauce it murders my insides and thought the addition of the mango one would negate the impact a bit.

No luck. Welded to the throne by 430 after 5 hours sleep. Life is cruel.