The hot sauce thread

RedRooster

• 1 month later...

I decided to try a few sauces from the Hot Ones line-up...

The Last Dab Xperience

61A21lNkEuL.jpg

The final sauce in the Hot Ones line-up, and it's 91% the hottest chilli pepper in the world. It's pretty hot as you'd expect, but it's actually not as hot as you might imagine. I've had Da Bomb: Beyond Insanity in the past, and that's much hotter (and not very nice at all - avoid that one) - this is a step down heat wise, and actually pretty pleasant as a hot sauce. There's a slight fruity taste to the sauce, and the heat builds - making it very easy to use it as a condiment before you realise how hot your mouth is getting. It also makes decent hot wings. It's not one of my favourite sauces, but it's not bad at all. 

Stellar Fuzz: Funky's Hot Sauce Factory

StellarFuzzfront.jpg?v=1667683066

A garlic and ginger hot sauce that tastes sensational. I've come to realise that I really enjoy garlic hot sauces, and this is no exception. It's packed with flavour and incredibly versatile. It makes fantastic wings, but it's also good on a sandwich, or as a dip - it's really tasty, and it's one of the nicest hot sauces I've tried in a while. 

Queso Sin Queso

IMG_0932.jpg?v=1708615987&width=680

A vegan queso flavoured hot sauce, that I absolutely love. It's really tasty, makes great wings and a fantastic dip. I bought this on the Heatonist website, meaning it came from the US (all of the sauces I'm listing here did) and I regret not buying more. Like the previous hot sauce, it's one of the nicest I've tried in a while - packed with flavour and very versatile. It's also very unusual - but in a good way. I've not tasted another hot sauce like it. 

Los Calientes Verde

Hot-Ones-Season-23-Hot-Sauce-Lineup_0004_Layer14copy6.jpg?v=1708623765

I kind of expected to enjoy this one, as I like a Verde sauce, and I'd tried the Hot Ones Pringles, which are flavoured like this sauce - and sure enough, it's great. You can only buy them from the Heatonist website in the UK, which is a bit of a shame as it makes it a bit harder to get hold of. But it's definitely worth it - it's packed with flavour, makes really nice wings, great on a sandwich or on a salad. It's got a bit of heat to it, but it's mild; making it pretty accessible as far as hot sauces go. 

Hot Ones Classic Garlic Fresno

61Nr6d5iqEL.jpg

Another Hot Ones own-brand sauce that doesn't disappoint. As I've mentioned, I really like garlic hot sauces and this one is tasty. It's the mildest of what I've listed today - but they've got the heat level just right with this one, any hotter would spoil the flavour somewhat. I'd recommend all of the sauces I've mentioned in this post, although The Last Dab Xperience won't be for everyone, so that recommendation comes with an asterisk. The others are mild enough to be enjoyed by anyone, though.