Your favourite current entrance music

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Daniel Garcia's trap beat entrance has been stuck in my head all day:

But the easy favourite is Swerve for sure. Proper main eventer tune and can't hear it without doing the Prince Nana dance:

Gotta be Judas!

Only kidding.

It's Kingston's, come to think of it. That hard edge hip-hop sound with the crazy prog rock church organ over the top is bursting with character, sounds like Eddie Kingston looks and feels big time. Also ticks that most excellent "Sounds like he walks to the ring" box. Everything you'd want in a theme really:

Christian's a decent runner up for having possibly one of the better ever examples of a 'generic' wrestler's theme. It's a TNA best-of sound font from the mid noughties and upon first listen sounds like it should be completely forgettable but then it never leaves you. There's also a weird sort of subdued glam to it that perfectly suits Christian's character. Someone who doesn't look, sound or even particularly act tough at all but can put the beating on you when needs be:

A few other runner ups from AEW: Love that analogue 80s purr of FTR's theme, Hook's suits him down to the ground as well, and Julia Heart having the more Scandi-goth version of House of Black's entrance theme works great. 

WWE have lost it with themes, for me. They reached a modern golden age when CFO$ or whatever they were called went on a crazy run of almost every NXT call up having a great, recognisable theme but now everything sounds like an overproduced, womp-stomp with orchestral bits and lyrics that go "I'M THE BEST I'M THE TOUGHEST YEAH!" 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Kingston's, come to think of it. That hard edge hip-hop sound with the crazy prog rock church organ over the top is bursting with character

Feels very much like Eddie asked for a DMX song but they just decided to make him one instead.

• Paid Members

Yeah Mikey Rukus is the man now that CFO$ aren't knocking out NXT bangers any more. 

I love the Gunns theme in AEW. Ennio Morricone meets synthwave. 

Helps that it accompanies one of the best entrances in pro wrestling:

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yep, Jane actually came up on my most played songs of 2023 thanks to Orange Cassidy. Can't hear it without my brain going "Our opening contest IS FOR..." 

"Where is my mind" is my favourite Pixies song so I was initially very sad about the change, but it could not have been more correct. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

Imbedding things on my phone is a nightmare, but if I had to mention something it would be Chase U's theme.

I realise it's supposed to have that university marching band, big game feel spirit, but every time it pops up on my playlist it makes me feel like I've just become a Pokémon champion on the Game Boy and it brings a real nice feel of nostalgia to my day.

Hook's entrance is currently my phone morning alarm, probably will be for a long time. There's no way to not feel pumped up slowly meandering into your day to that song.

4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Feels very much like Eddie asked for a DMX song but they just decided to make him one instead.

According to Rukus, he said the song is basically "DMX meets Castlevania".

----

Kinda related to this but I do keep up a entrance themes database where I keep track of what entrance themes wrestlers use per show before compiling them into one huge list. I mostly do indies and AEW. If anyone's interested, I can post it here or in the plug section from the forum.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Hernan said:

According to Rukus, he said the song is basically "DMX meets Castlevania".

----

Kinda related to this but I do keep up a entrance themes database where I keep track of what entrance themes wrestlers use per show before compiling them into one huge list. I mostly do indies and AEW. If anyone's interested, I can post it here or in the plug section from the forum.

That Sting entrance is a banger. It evokes his Crow WCW theme without being a lazy copyright friendly knockoff version of it.