Your favourite current entrance music

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
On 1/4/2024 at 8:07 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

That Sting entrance is a banger. It evokes his Crow WCW theme without being a lazy copyright friendly knockoff version of it. 

I actually think Arrival is a really clever piece that seems to take a little inspiration from his operatic Crow theme from WCW, a few guitar notes from Seek And Destroy (again, without feeling like a knock off) and even a little bit of the intro feels like it borrows from the old Taker & Show theme he used in WWE, without being shit. Really good work all round, takes a bit of almost every melody that might make you think "Oh yeah, Sting" without being the clumsy mess it could have been.

Well, apart from some cheesy Man Called Sting vocals. Which would have tipped it over the edge into seven star category, obvs.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Well, apart from some cheesy Man Called Sting vocals. Which would have tipped it over the edge into seven star category, obvs.

Only if he'd used it in the Tokyo Dome. 

Am I the only person who finds almost all non-licensed AEW music very dated and generic? There are a handful of exceptions, of course, but I struggle to remember or recognise most original AEW theme songs. Perhaps it's just me, and everyone else is loving their entrance themes, I don't know. 

Edited by RedRooster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Before watching TNA Hard to Kill I had no idea the correct answer to this is Joe Hendry: 

Please watch the whole thing. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
On 1/9/2024 at 8:59 AM, RedRooster said:

Am I the only person who finds almost all non-licensed AEW music very dated and generic? There are a handful of exceptions, of course, but I struggle to remember or recognise most original AEW theme songs. Perhaps it's just me, and everyone else is loving their entrance themes, I don't know. 

Most the top stars don't actually use in-house music but yeah the ones by Mikey Ruckus can often be generic especially if the person isn't a top act. Kris Statlander's theme in particular is so bland I can never remember it. There's definitely some in-house bangers though that are well suited to their characters - Keith Lee, Eddie Kingston, Jamie Hayter, Danhausen, Best Friends, Willow Nightingale and possibly one of the best themes of all time FTR.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Most the top stars don't actually use in-house music but yeah the ones by Mikey Ruckus can often be generic especially if the person isn't a top act. Kris Statlander's theme in particular is so bland I can never remember it. There's definitely some in-house bangers though that are well suited to their characters - Keith Lee, Eddie Kingston, Jamie Hayter, Danhausen, Best Friends, Willow Nightingale and possibly one of the best themes of all time FTR.

Keith Lee's is superb. I preferred FTR's Horseman rip-off theme during the Pinnacle days, but I'm well aware that I'm in a fairly significant minority in not caring much for their current theme! I can't pretend to remember Willow or Jamie's themes, but the other examples you gave are memorable, so job done, I suppose! 

I assume Hangman's theme existed prior to AEW? Or am I wrong in assuming that? Either way, any idea who is responsible for it? That's a goosebump inducing theme for me. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I assume Hangman's theme existed prior to AEW? Or am I wrong in assuming that? Either way, any idea who is responsible for it?

Yeah Hangman's is perfect. It's a pre-AEW theme by someone called Vincent Pendulla who is a TV composer. I'm pretty sure it was originally a royalty free piece of stock music similar to MJF's theme.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah Hangman's is perfect. It's a pre-AEW theme by someone called Vincent Pendulla who is a TV composer. I'm pretty sure it was originally a royalty free piece of stock music similar to MJF's theme.

Who knew there was so much good stock music out there? Hangman's theme might actually be my favourite ever - and this entrance might be my favourite ever - magical stuff. Any excuse to post it is a good one, really: 

• Paid Members

That special version of Hangman's theme (which I believe is a Mikey Rukus 'cover version') is definitely my favourite entrance theme ever. 

Hit #2 on my Spotify Wrapped that year.