AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

OK, so is Tony Khan still a money mark playing with his toys and play things? Or should we move on from that? 

My maths is shite but I think that's about 0.5% of the Khan family net worth so I reckon he is still a money mark. 

11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

OK, so is Tony Khan still a money mark playing with his toys and play things and EWR saves? Or should we move on from that? 

With that profit I hope he buys Final Countdown 76 more times.

I think he can be profitable AND a fan boy? He's living the dream and I'm sure many of us would love to do exactly the fucking same.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

OK, so is Tony Khan still a money mark playing with his toys and play things and EWR saves? Or should we move on from that? 

With that profit I hope he buys Final Countdown 76 more times.

Meltzer hasn't. That Trevor Dame fella on Twitter did a good thread on Meltzer's podcast yesterday and Dave was busy giving it loads about the people who'd doubted this deal was coming and the people who thought Tony was a money mark. Fair play to him. He's a shit writer but when you're right, you're right.

Money mark is a bit harsh because I definitely think the Khan's wanted to build something that would make money. You could tell from the amount of content and additional shows they produced in a short time that they saw the money in TV and streaming rights for an established product. However, my suspicion is that Tony wouldn't have been heartbroken if it'd cost them a load of money either. It was a drop in the ocean and it's clearly a passion project as well as an investment.

Anyway, they've done both so well done to them. Money always makes more money. But unless you're bitter about other people's success, why would anyone care.

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think he can be profitable AND a fan boy? He's living the dream and I'm sure many of us would love to do exactly the fucking same.

Indeed. I run an indie here in the States and the costs are wild overall. Hope to break even most of the time so this is the dream for sure. It's the best fun though!

On 10/4/2024 at 9:48 PM, HobowithaShotgun said:

Indeed. I run an indie here in the States and the costs are wild overall. Hope to break even most of the time so this is the dream for sure. It's the best fun though!

What's your show buddy? Can we watch it anywhere?

1 minute ago, BrodyGraham said:

What's your show buddy? Can we watch it anywhere?

Metalmania based out of Portland, Oregon - it's wrestling and metal bands. We don't have streaming or anything just yet as getting that all lined up for the upcoming shows and will add some stuff to Youtube once we get a chance to edit it. Expanding to LA for our December show too so should be fun.

Jericho is such a tedious cunt. Only Christian Cage should be legally allowed to bring up dead relatives. 

Other than the goofy double pin, I really enjoyed the opener.

Main event was excellent despite the 20 minute rule. Much better than Forbidden Door, imo.

Both Mercedes and May are boring me to tears.

I miss Joe.

It's wild that CJ Parker is now one of the most entertaining wrestlers on the planet, he has some great chemistry with Hangers and I'm a little sad it was all to build towards a Jay White feud. I love Jay but I'd have liked to see Juice get more time in a proper 1 on 1 feud.

Oh and Mone might actually have a great match this week.

Christ, I love AEW and I know when they go up against a WWE PPV they put out a shit Collision, but I'd hope for their flagship show they'd put in more of an effort. Looks a dreadful line up that.

1 minute ago, Doog said:

Christ, I love AEW and I know when they go up against a WWE PPV they put out a shit Collision, but I'd hope for their flagship show they'd put in more of an effort. Looks a dreadful line up that.

Its the last taping before WrestleDream it was never going to be heavy on wrestling.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Doog said:

As an episode of weekly wrestling TV the matches are fine. There's always an expectation that AEW needs a PPV worthy lineup for every Dynamite. But the matches alone are not enough, if the main stories/angles/promos hit then it should be a pretty good episode. 

• Paid Members

Main event looks great to me, plenty of scope for drama there and I'm well up for Yuta facing off against Claudio. Also The Queen is gracing us with her presence. I watched her drop the ChocoPro title to her favourite student Mei Suruga not long ago, I have a horrible suspicion she'll be retiring soon, so savouring these appearances when I get them.