Paid Members JLM Posted October 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 8, 2024 Only matters to the worst people on the internet. Possibly Tony and HHH directly as well, because they both have that worst-people-on-the-internet dawwg in them. Quote
Gooner Posted October 8, 2024 Posted October 8, 2024 So bragging rights for the top brass on either company. I would expect AEW to win then with NXT not being any WWE main shows in Raw or Smackdown. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 1 hour ago, Gooner said: So bragging rights for the top brass on either company. I would expect AEW to win then with NXT not being any WWE main shows in Raw or Smackdown. Unlikely. Whenever a show is moved from its usual spot, ratings are lower and this is not only a different day but an hour later than normal. NXT will trounce it. Quote
The King of Old School Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 Why was this episode called "Title Tuesday"? Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 Because it was on Tuesday. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 The title implications of Hologram wrestling his first away game are also evident to anyone tracking the rankings. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 I thought this was another very effective episode of Dynamite. I didn't love the verbiage in the Allin/King promo or Daniel Garcia's attempt to pretend he was leaving (especially in front of a pretty quiet crowd) but I still think both promos worked. The PPV doesn't have a great looking card but they worked hard building stuff for all the announced matches. I'm really enjoying Hologram. Could have done without him getting his arse kicked after but his presentation and the commentary getting him over was as good as anything. Nothing particularly memorable in the big picture, again, but as a stop on the way to the PPV, it was fine. Agree about the "Title Tuesday" tagline. That's stoopid. I get they want to hammer home the day but surely they could have themed it somehow or had some of their champions, and there's a lot of them as Daniel would say, working. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: Because it was on Tuesday. Vince would have gone with TUESDAY DYNAMITE TUESDAY. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 I really enjoyed the Callis/Ospreay segment. Takeshita looking like an absolute don chucking Ospreay on his head. Good intriguing story telling all round. My only quibble would be having Callis announce Lance Archer as a new Family member but Archer not getting involved later. I don't think he would have necessarily fit in but it just seemed a bit weird. Maybe he could have held Fletcher back as Takeshita murked Ospreay or something. Quote
Guest Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 (edited) Have to say, I hated the Allin Brody King thing. Aside from it being another Darby Allin promo where he just reads out his Livejournal, slowly rising in volume, I thought it did major harm to Brody Kings Aura. All for the sake of forced "reality" content. Really bad. Osprey Callis, by comparison, felt miles better to me, though I agree it was weird that Archer didn't get involved. I haven't got a screen shot of it, but the scene at the end of a stricken, dying Wheeler Yuta reaching out to Danielson, who just ignores him, even when his hand is literally on his boot, so he can lead "yes" chants was surely foreshadowing. What a selfish prick, too obsessed with himself to help his young protege. Hope Wheeler screws him. Edited October 9, 2024 by Duke Edit: fixed it. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 (edited) I don’t like Hologram much at all. He looks like the generic tutorial wrestler you face in a wrestling videogame. His offence is good, but his full-face mask is pretty limiting. If he gets over and other people like him, fair enough I guess! I really like Jake being aligned with Rush. I hope this leads to Rush getting a big push, he’s so underutilised for someone as talented as he is. Edited October 9, 2024 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 1 minute ago, RedTwoster said: I don’t like Hologram much at all. He looks like the generic tutorial wrestler you face in a wrestling videogame. His offence is good, but his full-face mask is pretty limiting. If he gets over and other people like him, fair enough I guess! I don't care for the mask either, but I do really enjoy his matches. I especially love his dive spot where the opponent staggers back from the momentum. Quote
The King of Old School Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 Rush is brilliant, it's been so stop start with him over the past 12/18 months though for some reason. Wondering if it's too late for anyone to really care about him anymore unfortunately. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted October 9, 2024 Author Posted October 9, 2024 Just now, The King of Old School said: Rush is brilliant, it's been so stop start with him over the past 12/18 months though for some reason. Wondering if it's too late for anyone to really care about him anymore unfortunately. You could create a whole list of AEW stop/starts sadly. Whether it's injuries or political company reasons or just new signings catching Tony's eye etc. It's fairly commonplace. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.