AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Awards Moderator

Jeff Jarrett vs Shane McMahon in the Owen! I shouldn’t like the sound of that, but…

Highlights of this week’s show - Okada being hilarious, Willow just being the best, and Swerve/Ospreay’s promo nearly convincing me to shell out for Forbidden Door.

• Paid Members

It's been said on social before, but one of the best things about Okada is that his soul is that of a goofy clown, but he's burdened with being the greatest wrestler on the planet.

• Paid Members

Tony should bring Shane McMahon in purely to hype him up as signing the real Best In The World and have Shane swagger out with the Saudi cup. 

It would be funny and Shane would blow his quads out never to be seen again.

21 hours ago, Chili said:

I'm loving this squad of Cassidy, Kyle and Briscoe. Three lads without an island uniting to fight common enemies/former mates. Also Mark Briscoe as this unhinged gobbledygook philosopher is so fun.

Why is Kyle pulling a face like he's trying not to shit himself? 

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Why is Kyle pulling a face like he's trying not to shit himself? 

I think because that's the kind of dumb shit he does? To be honest, one big thing I took away from that promo is how much more natural a fit a goofy Kyle is than trying to be serious and "cool" with Adam Cole and friends. I think Kyle's one of those guys who needs to get out of his own way (or start listening to different people) and be the nice but dim goof he is. And what better way than by pairing the gurning shootah with the master of redneck kung fu?

• Paid Members

Plenty of wrestlers start off wanting to be big bollocks super serious tough guy characters then down the line realise you're more likely to get somewhere if you just lighten up and have a bit of a laugh. Glad to see Kyle O'Reilly moving in this direction.

• Paid Members

just based off those last two weeks of promos, they need to fuck off on any suggestion of Kyle O'Reilly being dragged back into the orbit of the Undisputed Kingdom and have him and Mark Briscoe knock about together. I know Briscoe has said he doesn't want to ever work a tag team match now that he can't tag with Jay, but a Mark Briscoe/Orange Cassidy/Kyle O'Reilly Trio would give all three of them something fun to do, and runs the full gamut of Types Of Bloke And How They Express Themselves.