Big Brother reboot

Matthew

• Paid Members

I used to go round to my friend Alex's and we'd watch Big Brother 5 every night and often have the live feed on when we were doing other things. Fight night was spectacular. Victor was amazing. The whole Jungle Cats thing? Michelle's breakdown? You couldn't have written TV like that. 

This looks like it might be okay. Not as good as Channel 4 but a bit more grounded and innocent than the Channel 5 years. 

Jordan and Henry have big at-the-same-party-with-that-pig energy.

Yinrun the one:

Edited by Gay as FOOK

It’s the first time I’ve watched the ‘civilian version’ of the show since the Channel 4 years, and I liked the line-up. Olivia’s reaction to potentially being nominated was so self-defeating and childish; making nasty comments about Jenkin’s dress sense and whatnot. The upside for Jenkin though, given that he took pretty much everything on the chin, is that he’s probably lined himself up as a contender to win from day one.

What’s the consensus on the new presenting duo? I thought they did well enough, but I do miss Emma Willis; I thought she was excellent. 

• Paid Members

A good mix of “they seem alright” and “fucking christ” housemates which usually makes for good viewing. Was disappointed to see the “not looking to get people seeking fame” line out the window two housemates in when Farida walked in. My wife recognised her from Come Dine With Me straight away.

Jenkin getting rinsed on the party game punishments and then also getting a raw deal when he won one was funny as. Those two velvet wearing Tory dickheads can get in the bin though. My wife said one of them looked like Tim Nice but Dim.

Early doors I like Jenkin, Tom, Dylan, Matty and Yinrun. Don’t like Olivia, Paul, Jordan, or Henry. The rest I’m on the fence about.

Overall quite enjoyed the launch show! I think they’ve done alright with it.

I thought the two presenters were awful and wooden. Never liked Davina but at least she showed some passion in the show.

Looks an okay mix of housemates but was hoping there would be a big twist, maybe I am used to similar shows with twists and turns. Just feels like something was missing last night. 

Also not being live took away some enjoyment, always liked the live intros and it felt like a taped edit of Smackdown.

Poor Jenkins seems genuinely lovely. He's had a raw deal so far. 

I also like Jordan despite myself.

The Welsh girl who seems to be on Outlaws RF shoot levels of valium was background furniture until she sprang to life in the last few minutes there, like the person still skinning up in the kitchen when you open the curtains, offering to do you a spirit reading if she can have a bit of toast. 

• Paid Members

What a difference a day makes. Chanelle throwing out the “I’m not bothered” about coming 4th least kind and then spending all night moaning and throwing tantrums about it. Not a good look, yikes.

Salmon-gate is a good laugh. Eating off the plate isn’t that strange though, but the double dip is unforgivable.

Really want to hate Jordan and Henry and based off night one it looked like it would be easy, but they’ve went full Frasier and Niles and I’m here for it.

I also feel very sorry for Jenkin, but all of this will be doing his chances of winning no harm at all. 

Although, the intelligence task did annoy me a little - he did that thing of assuming someone was intelligent just because they sound posh; the kind of thing that has benefited Jacob Rees-Mogg throughout his whole career.

I kind of like Jordan, though. There’s also something about Yinrun that I find very watchable. I’m not entirely sure why, but there’s something very charming about her.

As much as I dislike Olivia so far, I’m with her all the way on double-dipping. 

Fair play to Haillee for how she answered really awkward questions from Farida. It may also paint a sad picture as to how common they are.

Yinrun is a dark horse to win, I reckon. It’s hard not to like her. She’s absolutely brilliant.

Olivia continues to grate on me. She seems very mean-spirited. 

On the whole though, it feels like much more of a chilled house than you’d typically get. I can’t imagine we’ll see any sort of fight night, and I don’t really want that either; it’s a very easy and surprisingly chilled watch.

Edited by RedRooster