Big Brother reboot

Matthew

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

@FelatioLips is one of the main reasons to visit Off Topic. A bloody brilliant poster, and a bloody brilliant person too. 

Agreed.

• Paid Members

There have been little hints at potential conflicts the first couple of episodes with things like Salmon-gate or the Pot Noodle hoarding, but tonight felt like the first proper step towards some classic Big Brother drama.

Something as simple as making a fake office heirarchy really brought out the best and worst in people. Those who took it in their stride and remembered it was a game were the ones who coped best, regardless of what role they had. Zak and Paul getting shat on in the post sorting room, Yinrun and her huge floppy wig and Jordan likening being fire warden to being a doctor on a plane really came across well. As did the ones who just cracked on to get a win for the team.

Those who took it seriously really showed themselves up, namely Farida who let the mask slip a little too far this time after showing glimpses since she went in. She’s always seemed disingenuine but that longggggg silence when Kerry suggested the bottom workers should decide the shopping budget was deafening. You could see the cogs turning in her head how she could justify not letting her fake power slip even a fraction and she failed miserably. The fact she got demoted to the bottom right after was delicious. If she’d just agreed she could have decided the shopping list anyway, what a blunder!

Smashing episode with what felt like a classic BB task that somehow was casual but also shook the dynamics of the house up.

Kerry “I’d rather eat my own shit” rises up the ranks while Farida slips right to the bottom. 

I don't know FL. Kerry would have known Farida has dietary requirements. It seemed to me that by bringing it up she knew Farida would kick off. 

I think they're two sides of the same coin. They both have that thing going on where they think they have awareness of how the show will be portrayed that ends up circling around to complete lack of self awareness. Trying to rock the fair-and-balanced matriarchal gimmick but it just comes off as needlessly involving yourself in house politics, creating them so you can be seen to step in and resolve them. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I don't know FL. Kerry would have known Farida has dietary requirements. It seemed to me that by bringing it up she knew Farida would kick off. 

I think they're two sides of the same coin. They both have that thing going on where they think they have awareness of how the show will be portrayed that ends up circling around to complete lack of self awareness. Trying to rock the fair-and-balanced matriarchal gimmick but it just comes off as needlessly involving yourself in house politics, creating them so you can be seen to step in and resolve them. 

Oh for sure neither of them will come away looking great from this. Kerry especially knows when to turn the waterworks on.

That being said I don’t think there was ill intentions in offering the bottom workers the shopping list. Farida’s first defence wasn’t even her diet, it was “I’ve found it just as hard as they have” when she’d sat on her arse all day, then when that didn’t fly she went to her dietary needs. 

I think the age difference between them and the other housemates has certainly played a factor in terms of understanding of how the world works now. Things like being trans or muslim are a lot more common now and the younger housemates don’t treat either like they’re a thing. Farida and Kerry both immediately made a big deal of them though.

”If you have sex with a man does that make them gay?” And “Can I still eat my sausages?” were both ridiculous questions and I don’t have faith in either of them they were genuine and not just to stir shit.

I'm not watching* but my ex is, and last night she texted me to say "You know you'd be the first person booted out of a BB house don't you?"

She loves me really.

I have seen a clip where someone asked someone "How much will it cost you to get a fanny?" which is an utterly hilarious way of talking about reassignment surgery.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm not watching* but my ex is, and last night she texted me to say "You know you'd be the first person booted out of a BB house don't you?"

She loves me really.

I have seen a clip where someone asked someone "How much will it cost you to get a fanny?" which is an utterly hilarious way of talking about reassignment surgery.

Me and the Mrs both agreed we’re too boring and would be out maybe 3rd or 4th as soon as people remember we’re in there.

Me still trying to figure out if Farida or Kerry's more of a dose after tonight's episode: 

spacer.png

"Can I just say people shouldn't be afraid to just voice what they want?"

"And that's why I shouted Coco-Pops"

• Paid Members

God forbid they lose a task and get the budget shopping list because that was a disaster. The ones who didn’t seem to want anything specific just screaming, the ones who did not being able to handle the screaming and just walking off to moan in another room. 

Kerry really showed herself up tonight. Childish, stroppy and outwardly antagonising. As they mentioned on the Live show, her and Farida are two sides of the same coin. One is vocally outspoken and one goes into the quiet rooms to do it. Both crap.

Another good night for other housemates though. The Big Wigs were entertaining and I think being stuck in the same room together with Yinrun has brought Henry and Trish out of their shells a little. They all came out the task looking good. Similarly as I said yesterday, the others who just cracked on without moaning all look strong too. Paul, Jordan, Zak, Noky and Dylan especially. What a rough birthday for poor Jordan though.

Spoilers for nominated housemates below.

Spoiler

I’m not going to hide the fact I downloaded the BB app and voted for Farida 5 times but the middle aged woman who literally threw a screaming hissy fit about having to eat peas and tofu, spat her aubergine out like a fussy toddler and then ordered 30 sausages on the shopping list as she made a face any time someone suggested a vegetable would have gotten my votes on any other week. Embarrassing.

Farida though is just terrible and the majority of the house tonight seemed to realise it. Tom and Jenkin pointed out she’s always talking at the cameras, the 5 or so in the jacuzzi all still taking the piss out of her eating off Olivia’s plate, people bringing up her and Kerry in the diary room and then obviously Kerry herself hates her.

The presenters on Live also pointed out how much she was bringing her business up and how she’s a CEO. “Get it on telly as much as you can before you go”. She’s definitely in it for the exposure and hopefully she’s gone tomorrow.

I’m incredibly impressed at how mature and level-headed Haillee Is, for an 18-year-old. For whatever reason, when someone is upset or in need of comforting, page seems to be the person doing it. She’s an incredibly impressive person.

Yinrun is still my absolute favourite this year, she’s entertaining without even having to try and so damn likeable.

I’m finding Farida almost impossible to watch, she’s utterly intolerable. Fair play to everyone in that house for putting up with her behaviour without, for the most part, losing their rags and having an argument.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

The opinion in our house was that if Farida went, it’s going to sink or swim Kerry because with nobody to moan about she’ll have to get by on her own merits. If Kerry went, Farida would be next regardless because as a person she’s naturally unlikeable.
Tonight I feel she sealed her own fate by going after random people and talking about how she’s a CEO for hair and makeup for gypsies every five minutes. She annoyed a lot of people when she needed to do the opposite.

My wife pointed out it was going to be annoying for the house because they were going to be left with a load of Halal food or sausages that none of them asked for.

Someone can jog my memory but is this the first time that drama and a feud has kicked off so early?
Usually week one eliminations are just kinda there, whereas this felt like it had a full build.

22 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Someone can jog my memory but is this the first time that drama and a feud has kicked off so early?
Usually week one eliminations are just kinda there, whereas this felt like it had a full build.

I remember the series with @Butch2000 favourite Leah Walker it kicking off early. They all started ignoring the bloke who called himself “The P*ki poof” because he was a total ringpiece.