Big Brother reboot

Matthew

One thing exhausting about Trish is she seems to be one of these people who endlessly just contextualises herself as a person, if that makes sense. I don't think I've ever seen her have a discussion on anything other than her, how people handle her, how she handles other people, the privileges and dynamics of how/when you should engage with her etc. 

Agreed on Tom being a weasel, Jenkin with him. Both of them seem to have taken on the role that two much older chainsmokers would usually classically take up in previous years of just fleeing to the garden to have a mope about everything. 

Jordan's still a laugh but his affected Morrissey act is a bit one-trick. Chanelle's probably my favourite as a dark horse at the moment. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

One thing exhausting about Trish is she seems to be one of these people who endlessly just contextualises herself as a person, if that makes sense. I don't think I've ever seen her have a discussion on anything other than her, how people handle her, how she handles other people, the privileges and dynamics of how/when you should engage with her etc. 

Agreed on Tom being a weasel, Jenkin with him. Both of them seem to have taken on the role that two much older chainsmokers would usually classically take up in previous years of just fleeing to the garden to have a mope about everything. 

Jordan's still a laugh but his affected Morrissey act is a bit one-trick. Chanelle's probably my favourite as a dark horse at the moment. 

My favourite thing about Jordan is in the last couple of tasks (the Venting Machine and Fish Guts) when he's lost his cool he's also lost his accent and suddenly there's this loud lad from Scunthorpe just going FUCKING HELL.

Jenkin is such a shame. He came in the first night and I thought oh here we go, stereotypical big camp lad with the loud clothes, and then he was the total opposite but in the worst way. He's plain, boring, and moans about everything. All that personality he could have had just isn't there at all, even down to suddenly wearing plain clothes all the time.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

They confirmed it on Late and Live last night!

It would indicate more than 2 people are up for eviction or it’s pretty anticlimactic.
They also asked Kerry to pick a nomination to watch and she picked one of Dylan’s which was

Reveal hidden contents

Noky, so you can likely guess who his first was.

I wonder if they'll be introducing a new housemate, or new housemates? Three people being outed in one week seems a bit unusual. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I wonder if they'll be introducing a new housemate, or new housemates? Three people being outed in one week seems a bit unusual. 

There’s only 3 weeks left until the final, so they’re gonna need to start evicting pretty quickly as there’s still a fair few of them.

Some really nasty bullying behaviour in that episode, I never find that kind of thing entertaining to watch. It’ll be cathartic as fuck to watch Olivia, Paul and Tom get booed as they’re eventually booted out. They’re in for a shock on Friday. I think Jenkin knew he’d done wrong, after that nonsense with Chanelle, Yinrun and Noky. Paul saying he was ‘going to get his arse out’ in Noky’s bed before subsequently seeming to do so is surely completely unacceptable? 

At least Dylan apologised for his behaviour, even if his apology was packed with bullshit. ‘I shouted at you because I knew you could take it’…come on man, you’re talking out your arse. Clearly he was shouting because he’d lost his temper. 

It’ll be interesting to see how the dynamic changes when (I imagine) Paul goes on Friday. 

• Paid Members

Chanelle has been at her most interesting the last couple of days when not hanging out with her usual lot. I hope she takes that icing out thing seriously and fucks them off.

I find Tom the worst of that lot though because say what you want about Paul but he doesn’t hide being a dickhead. Tom lately has reminded me of that Stuart Lee bit on Richard Hammond. 

7 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I find Tom the worst of that lot though because say what you want about Paul but he doesn’t hide being a dickhead. Tom lately has reminded me of that Stuart Lee bit on Richard Hammond. 

He’s the Dominik Mysterio or Christian Cage of this series for me. Even his facial expressions wind me up, I think he might be past the point of redemption. Paul’s a twat, but he’s clearly stupid. Tom is just a nasty little bastard. That said, it’s pretty telling as far as their maturity levels go that none of them recognise that behaving in this way is going to absolutely kill their chances of winning the show. I’ve no idea if Noky is ‘controlled’ and careful about what she says - as a former beauty queen, I imagine that’s drilled into her. But what’s wrong with being aware of your own behaviour? At the end of the day, we all moderate our actions in the ‘real world’ to a degree and treat people we may dislike with politeness, because there’s really nothing to be gained by doing the opposite. 

Tom being Richard The Hamster Hammond is too good!

Please let Paul be out this week. I don't care who is with him. It might be trying to save his own skin but Dylan's morning of humble apologies on last night's show did kind of win me back over. Especially when Trish continued to be pretty frosty as he was trying to make good. 

But Paul. It's not quite Sezer-esque because he was convinced he was staying but that's a proper eviction prospect to salivate it. Not just for him but for sticking it to Jenkin, Tom and Olivia who must be the only people left in the country other than Paul's mum who think he's the business. 

They're just about thick headed and bitchy enough to take Paul being voted out not as a vote against their group antics by the public but as a big meany ~conspiracy by the rest of the house to stick it to a Good Honest Lad. It'll probably entrench them further into their shit and make them worse. 

I can't wait. 

Considering I think most of the housemates - drama aside - seem like they'd be reasonably sensible sorts on the outside, I can't believe how bad the food situation is in there. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it on BB. Were there ever rules on food hoarding in the past (essentially so BB could better use it as a carrot/stick)? I can't remember, but this seems new, at least on this level. They're like hyenas or something.

13 minutes ago, textonly said:

Considering I think most of the housemates - drama aside - seem like they'd be reasonably sensible sorts on the outside, I can't believe how bad the food situation is in there. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it on BB. Were there ever rules on food hoarding in the past (essentially so BB could better use it as a carrot/stick)? I can't remember, but this seems new, at least on this level. They're like hyenas or something.

It's definitely new. I'm not sure if it's because the budgets are tighter or they just seem to sit around and snack endlessly all day (seriously, in most scenes someone's either biting into something or everyone's got a covered up can of branded fizzy pop) but I've never seen a year where talking about food's made the highlight show every single night.

They wouldn't have survived Rex spending one week's entire budget on nothing but mystery items in 2008.

spacer.png

Man, that Paul guy can eat shit huh? 

Not buying any of this nice guy stuff on the late show interview. Watching him deliberately decide to wind Noky up for...being at a party...as Olivia aped around and mocked her in the background was the most uncomfortable this show's been in a long time. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I’ll still stand by Dylan but Paul has been abhorrent the last few days. 
That being said, Tom and Jenkin were dead on the money about Trish. She’s asserting herself as leader of the popular but emotionally weak housemates to get herself into the final.

The Jordan/Matty/Henry stuff is all really pathetic now.

Yeah to be fair Dylan had one highlights show where he came off horrible but I absolutely don't think he's a pantomime villain. His bemused, nonplussed reaction to the booing sort of confirmed that. Just a bit of a geezer who gets wound up too easily but seems mostly chill and amicable the other 90% of the time. He's like that friend whose an absolute dose to be around when they're hungover.