Big Brother reboot

Matthew

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

That being said, Tom and Jenkin were dead on the money about Trish. She’s asserting herself as leader of the popular but emotionally weak housemates to get herself into the final.

I don’t think she’s that calculated. She gravitated towards a Tory straight away, and arguing is a risky game to play if you want to reach the final. I do think she sometimes comes across as a parody of a left winger, but I suspect that’s just how she is.

Fair play to her for standing up to Paul, though. Attempting to ruin a party just because you’re not invited is horrible behaviour, and Olivia throwing a tantrum, claiming that Yinrun had invited all her friends (when Tim was there and Henry and Jordan were not) was pretty pathetic. And hypocritical, given that she/Paul would absolutely have taken that approach.

It’ll be interesting to see how Olivia and Tom change now that Paul has gone, if they change at all. 

It was nice seeing the groups blended together a bit more this episode. The sort of separate camps war of attrition thing gets old after awhile and even if Trish is on the right side of it, she'll go in hard and just raincloud it. Every time she was out of scene tonight it felt like everyone was so much looser. 

Seeing them all together in the hall during Henry's runway walk was nice. Outside of Trish they all seem to probably talk a lot more than the edits let on.

2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The sort of separate camps war of attrition thing gets old after awhile and even if Trish is on the right side of it, she'll go in hard and just raincloud it. Every time she was out of scene tonight it felt like everyone was so much looser. 

I kind of get it. If someone was treating me poorly for an extended time in ‘the real world’, I’d certainly find it challenging to suddenly move on quickly. I certainly wouldn’t feel obligated to help someone who has been involved with a bully gang appease their conscience, or rebuild their reputation; assuming that was the intent.

It’s a little tiring to watch, though - I enjoy it more when everyone is getting along.

• Paid Members

I struggle to find myself liking anyone in the house these days. It’s such a frustrating dynamic where there is a clear divide in the house but instead of either side trying to fix it, one just keeps taking the high ground and pretending the divide won’t effect their voting, and the other side is self destructing knowing their days are numbered. 
Jenkin and Tom especially have went right off the deep end.

Thought the Hunger Games challenge was harsh. I’m not sure if it was editing of it (probably) but having Jordan offer himself up for eviction first, then the others only for Trish to go nah was pretty awkward, even moreso seconds later when Jordan immediately and without hesitation voted for Jenkin causing a chain reaction of his mates also doing it and getting Jenkin a pass to the eviction for his birthday. Trish then rubbing salt in the wound bringing it up again on the ice block challenge as a joke but when nobody laughed she went to the diary room and played the victim.

Just like with everything else Jordan is all awkward talk and flip flopping about. He needs to go next I think because he’s bumming Henry and Matty out now and what was an interesting potential love triangle is now just sociopathic behaviour.

There was something just kind of sad about Henry winning £1000 over everyone else. I know it was won fair and square but still.

There was something just kind of sad about Henry winning £1000 over everyone else. I know it was won fair and square but still.

I totally agree, his comment about the cost-of-living crisis affecting "everyone equally" is sure to have upset a few viewers, although I'm not entirely sure whether he was trying to be funny or not, with the comment about rent prices in Kensington. It was either that, or he really is that ignorant/sheltered when it comes to the plight of the worst off in society. 

Just like with everything else Jordan is all awkward talk and flip flopping about. He needs to go next I think because he’s bumming Henry and Matty out now and what was an interesting potential love triangle is now just sociopathic behaviour.

I don't know if it ever was a love triangle, you had two men inexplicably liking a guy who likely had no romantic interest in either. When it came to Henry, he made it clear several times in private that he wasn't attracted to him, and when it comes to Matty I suspect it's all physical. With Matty, it might have been a different story if there were no cameras around, and that there was no chance of his mum watching. 

I struggle to find myself liking anyone in the house these days. It’s such a frustrating dynamic where there is a clear divide in the house but instead of either side trying to fix it, one just keeps taking the high ground and pretending the divide won’t effect their voting, and the other side is self destructing knowing their days are numbered. 

Even Yinrun?! Jenkin's behaviour towards her has been really strange; both patronising and also, at times, mean-spirited. Matty's observation about blind loyalty ruining that lot was on the money. Olivia, Jenkin, Tom and Chanelle have become something of a toxic quartet. Chanelle had a very good chance of finishing in the top three, but she's messed it up for herself with some unpleasant behaviour recently. She, Olivia and Tom would likely have integrated themselves into the other group had their friends all been evicted; and would have been a lot more pleasant as a result. I'm not sure Jenkin would make the effort though, given his comment very early on in the season saying that he would only be friends with a handful of housemates, outside of the house environment. 

Jordan, for all his flaws, was kind of right when he said that Jenkin looks down his nose at them. I think it's true, it's a very high school-type behaviour. He thinks he's "too cool" for the geek squad. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Even Yinrun?! 

She’s still the best of a bad bunch but even now she’s starting to chit chat behind backs, even if she has the best of intentions. 
I think her constant self pity might bring forward her first votes this week too because after so long it starts grinding on you. I know I’d eventually get sick of living with someone who cried every day about virtually nothing, whether it was genuine or not.

I think the writing is on the wall for this series though. As much as there is in-house protests about the divide not being as serious as it looks, when push comes to shove housemates are making their intentions clear. My predictions for the remainder of the series in elimination order:

Tom/Jenkin probably up this week, Tom likely goes. Then Jenkin, then Olivia, then I think Jordan before Chanelle, then Chanelle, then Noky then Matty. Final is Henry, Yinrun, Trish. Yinrun wins.

10 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I kind of get it. If someone was treating me poorly for an extended time in ‘the real world’, I’d certainly find it challenging to suddenly move on quickly. I certainly wouldn’t feel obligated to help someone who has been involved with a bully gang appease their conscience, or rebuild their reputation; assuming that was the intent.

It’s a little tiring to watch, though - I enjoy it more when everyone is getting along.

Yeah you're right, I'd be the same if I were in her position. It's nice that the present day audience are giving her so much backing, as I'm certain she would have been a villain in years gone by. And that's evidently something the heel faction were hedging their bets on. Hearing Tom describe her as needlessly aggressive was bordering on uncomfortable given she was - y'know - just sitting at a table using her vocal chords to form words in English whilst Chanelle fucked off from a discussion she started but couldn't finish. 

The group's weird outlook that history started when Paul was called a bully is hilarious too. Proper bordering on cognitive dissonance. As if nothing transpired prior to those events that would have earned him the tag. 

She’s still the best of a bad bunch but even now she’s starting to chit chat behind backs, even if she has the best of intentions. 

We all do that, though - and in a house where you're cut off from the outside world, conversation topics are eventually going to run a bit dry. It's going to be all you have, really. 

58 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The group's weird outlook that history started when Paul was called a bully is hilarious too. Proper bordering on cognitive dissonance. As if nothing transpired prior to those events that would have earned him the tag. 

I suppose it tells you something about them, that they're unable to identify the things he did that might constitute bullying behaviour. 

I'm all in on Trish winning after tonight's episode. Seeing her come out to screaming and cheering with fireworks popping off behind her whilst the garden gang glower on from the stands it too good a prospect. 

I'm a sucker for a good face turn and we almost had it from that lot tonight. Lasted about as long as one of the ad breaks and they were right back at it, into their Never Forget stage of the weird mythologisation of Paul. 

Tom's just a petty follower. Jenkin's miserable. Olivia suddenly seems like she might just be too easily swayed. Chanelle's gone right down the rankings, though. 

Considering everything she knows she'd had to deal with in there, and everything she's still not privy to, it's gotta be Trish's now. 

Oh yeah, Matty's sudden change in reaction once he realised his boyfriend wasn't actually there? All time moment. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

3 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I'm a sucker for a good face turn and we almost had it from that lot tonight. Lasted about as long as one of the ad breaks and they were right back at it, into their Never Forget stage of the weird mythologisation of Paul. 

Tom's just a petty follower. Jenkin's miserable. Olivia suddenly seems like she might just be too easily swayed. Chanelle's gone right down the rankings, though.

I don’t know if it was a near face turn as much as it was a full heel turn from Chanelle. She absolutely had a chance of winning at one point, but has totally thrown away her chances of not only doing that, but seemingly of even staying in the house past this week. She seems to have continued her heel run, based on Late and Live, to the point even Olivia was confused by it. Very much the Prince Nana to Chanelle’s Swerve Strickland during the home invasion angle. 

The bizarre thing is, Chanelle was slagging off Noky in spite of both winning immunity and getting to see her dad. Noky has had a shit time of it, she had every right to be upset. And Chanelle - unless they didn’t show it - seemingly lied or exaggerated, saying Noky had said friendship had come into the decision.

I’d like to see Yinrun and Trish as the final two, I’d gone into this thread all in on Yinrun, but you make a compelling case for Trish here. You have me feeling conflicted!

• Paid Members

The face turn from the four that lasted all of a minute was pretty grim viewing. The way they so easily flipflop on their own views is strange and it was intense watching them immediately get called out in front of the whole group. Whatever chances they might have briefly had I think are gone after that.

People continuing to notice Yinrun’s behaviour has me worried for her. I don’t think her crying for other people all night did her any favours regardless of how genuine it was.

“So…it was your boyfriend” followed by Matty wailing like an air raid siren was, and I hate to use this word, iconic. At least in Big Brother history. His complete turnaround when they told him it was only a video call was very funny. 

Still not digging Trish as much as other people. She’s set herself up as some authoritive figure so whenever someone has a problem she swoops in, and whenever someone does wrong by her it becomes a huge deal to explain themselves in case she creates a scene about it. I can completely see both sides of the argument on her because it must be great having a mate who will dive in on someone at a moment’s notice for you but if you’re not part of that group I can see how she might be coming across as aggressive or intimidating. In a way getting rid of the louder housemates like Paul, Dylan, even Farida and Zak has created an atmosphere where I don’t think anyone left in there can be bothered with her and that’s a big part of the rocky atmosphere.

Late and Live had all the family visits we didn’t see including Matty’s Boyfriend who told Matty to be himself and he’s done nothing wrong. Stick with people he can trust like Henry, Trish, Yinrun and Chanelle. Jordan is in trouble there.

4 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

“So…it was your boyfriend” followed by Matty wailing like an air raid siren was, and I hate to use this word, iconic. At least in Big Brother history. His complete turnaround when they told him it was only a video call was very funny. 

I don't know why they didn't lead with "So it was a video call..." before they even said who it was! 

People continuing to notice Yinrun’s behaviour has me worried for her. I don’t think her crying for other people all night did her any favours regardless of how genuine it was.

It's probably a bit mean, but her crying is so bizarre and OTT that I can't help but laugh every time she lets out the pained howl that she does. 

Still not digging Trish as much as other people. She’s set herself up as some authoritive figure so whenever someone has a problem she swoops in, and whenever someone does wrong by her it becomes a huge deal to explain themselves in case she creates a scene about it. I can completely see both sides of the argument on her because it must be great having a mate who will dive in on someone at a moment’s notice for you but if you’re not part of that group I can see how she might be coming across as aggressive or intimidating. In a way getting rid of the louder housemates like Paul, Dylan, even Farida and Zak has created an atmosphere where I don’t think anyone left in there can be bothered with her and that’s a big part of the rocky atmosphere.

A combination of Yinrun grating on me slightly, and @Gay as FOOK's strangely effective argument has had me jump ship to Team Trish. The reaction of the bully group if she were to win would be fantastic, but aside from that, she has a child and may actually benefit from the money more than Yinrun would. I don't agree that she's "aggressive" at all, because she's never the aggressor. When she does get into confrontations, it's always to either defend someone or call out bullying behaviour - Dylan losing his rag (granted, she did in reponse - but given the circumstances, I don't blame her) or Paul trying to ruin a party that he's not invited to, for example. She's often very reflective after these situations unfold too. I can see why someone might find her intimidating, in the sense that she's calling out indefensible behaviour - it's going to be intimidating when, deep down, you know you don't have a valid counterpoint to justify your actions. 

Who do you want to win?

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I don't know why they didn't lead with "So it was a video call..." before they even said who it was! 

It's probably a bit mean, but her crying is so bizarre and OTT that I can't help but laugh every time she lets out the pained howl that she does. 

A combination of Yinrun grating on me slightly, and @Gay as FOOK's strangely effective argument has had me jump ship to Team Trish. The reaction of the bully group if she were to win would be fantastic, but aside from that, she has a child and may actually benefit from the money more than Yinrun would. I don't agree that she's "aggressive" at all, because she's never the aggressor. When she does get into confrontations, it's always to either defend someone or call out bullying behaviour - Dylan losing his rag (granted, she did in reponse - but given the circumstances, I don't blame her) or Paul trying to ruin a party that he's not invited to, for example. She's often very reflective after these situations unfold too. I can see why someone might find her intimidating, in the sense that she's calling out indefensible behaviour - it's going to be intimidating when, deep down, you know you don't have a valid counterpoint to justify your actions. 

Who do you want to win?

My wife laughs every time Yinrun cries too. It is quite over the top!

I think aggressor might be the wrong word for Trish but it’s moreso she always has to defend other adults and that comes across as her being always up for confrontation. Some of the things she gets involved in she doesn’t need to and it comes across as her always being on the defensive. 

I still want Yinrun to win but I wouldn’t be against Henry winning either. I think I’d be indifferent if Noky, Matty, Trish won. I actively don’t want Jordan, Tom, Jenkin, Olivia or Chanelle to win. That being said, Jordan, Jenkin and Chanelle can all have their better moments.