Big Brother reboot

Matthew

2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Yeah I have no idea how they never saw any of it before going in. One theory is she just told them she never had socials and they never found them because her Twitter handle isn’t her name.

Jeez, how disappointing. ITV has absolutely dodged a bullet here, if she’d reached the final week, I’ve no doubt she’d have been in the top three, and perhaps even won the whole thing. 

That said, I think you’re probably right with what you’re theorising; and if it’s true, I can completely understand why it was missed. I can’t imagine she’ll be invited back for the finale; or if she is, she’d actually show up for it.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
Just now, RedRooster said:

Jeez, how disappointing. ITV has absolutely dodged a bullet here, if she’d reached the final week, I’ve no doubt she’d have been in the top three, and perhaps even won the whole thing. 

That said, I think you’re probably right with what you’re theorising; and if it’s true, I can completely understand why it was missed. I can’t imagine she’ll be invited back for the finale; or if she is, she’d actually show up for it.

A good indicator will be tonight where she was advertised as appearing on Late and Live. I doubt they’ll even talk about it which should be interesting because she’s all they managed to talk about last week. Hopefully Olivia has done another song or something so they have something to run with.

1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

A good indicator will be tonight where she was advertised as appearing on Late and Live. I doubt they’ll even talk about it which should be interesting because she’s all they managed to talk about last week. Hopefully Olivia has done another song or something so they have something to run with.

Surely they’ll just quietly drop her now, or announce that she won’t be appearing with a statement from Trish apologising for what she said, saying ‘I’m a different person now’ etc as we usually get when something like this happens.

It also puts them in a difficult position as far as the people she is friends with goes. It would be massively unfair to put any of them in a position where they give her gushing praise during their interviews, given what has emerged that they will be unaware of.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Surely they’ll just quietly drop her now, or announce that she won’t be appearing with a statement from Trish apologising for what she said, saying ‘I’m a different person now’ etc as we usually get when something like this happens.

It also puts them in a difficult position as far as the people she is friends with goes. It would be massively unfair to put any of them in a position where they give her gushing praise during their interviews, given what has emerged that they will be unaware of.

I think with how recent some comments are and how even the early ones she was still an adult older than some of the current housemates now, it would be tone deaf to get her to apologise.

I feel bad for AJ because she was very pro-Trish and was gushing in her interview on Friday but since then to the surprise of nobody at this point, no stone has been left unturned by Trish.

IMG_8437.jpeg.4aa17441c104db3215afe83f14bc9f2b.jpeg

AJ being Nigerian obviously, for context.

Like, usually with these things it’s maybe one or two distasteful or racist comments from years back but Trish has literally went for anyone and everyone over the last decade and there are hundreds of tweets and comments from here. It’s insane.

2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I think with how recent some comments are and how even the early ones she was still an adult older than some of the current housemates now, it would be tone deaf to get her to apologise.

Typically with something like this, the accused party would be given the right of reply - so rather than be tone deaf, it would strike me as being standard practice. You either don’t mention it at all, or you do and give Trish the chance to respond via a written statement. 

• Paid Members

What a difference a day makes.

Possibly the most enjoyable, light hearted, moment-filled episode in weeks. The lack of “leaders” of each group in Chanelle/Trish has allowed their groups to finally mingle and just have fun and it was a blast to watch. 

Jenry finally happened and it happened big time. A lot of snogging and probably the moment of the series when they were getting hot and heavy in the bedroom and didn’t realise Olivia and Yinrun were stood there like NPCs.

Jenkin, Olivia and Tom had a great night I think. Tom especially was the most interesting he’s been since going in the house  as he bonded with Henry and Jordan and then later was self reflective on how he and the rest of the house treated Yinrun. There’s a lot to be said for Olivia’s facial expressions at the Llama challenge too. 

It’s a shame we’re heading in to the final week like this because everyone getting along made better TV than awkward silence and petty seperation.

Good riddance to Chanelle and Trish. Long live the fun house.

10 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

It’s a shame we’re heading in to the final week like this because everyone getting along made better TV than awkward silence and petty seperation.

I MUCH prefer it when everyone is getting along, it’s much nicer to watch! I’m one of the few people who would rank series 4 among their favourites!

10 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Jenry finally happened and it happened big time. A lot of snogging and probably the moment of the series when they were getting hot and heavy in the bedroom and didn’t realise Olivia and Yinrun were stood there like NPCs.

I think I’d feel differently about it if Jordan wasn’t being typically Jordan about it, but I can’t help but feel sorry for Henry. Jordan is clearly a horny bastard and that’s his angle, whereas Henry has previously admitted that he has feelings for Jordan. I hope, for Henry’s sake, I’m wrong, but it just feels like an extreme way of leading him on.

I really hope Henry grows out of his "The Tories are just lovable rogues really!" viewpoint. Not that it makes it anymore forgivable but I'm not even sure how much of it is based on politics and how much of it is him just hamming up an identity. 

Because everything else about him seems lovely. 

16 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I really hope Henry grows out of his "The Tories are just lovable rogues really!" viewpoint. Not that it makes it anymore forgivable but I'm not even sure how much of it is based on politics and how much of it is him just hamming up an identity. 

The more he talks about politics, the less mature he feels, really. I'm not entirely convinced he even fully understands what they represent; or, at the very least, the issues in question. I'd be pretty disappointed if it turned out that he wholeheartedly bought into the anti-trans rhetoric, for example. He's already admitted that his views on immigration have changed, and his love of Boris Johnson seems to be based around the fact he finds him amusing and nothing more. 

On 11/10/2023 at 10:13 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

It's been a good run, both of you. 

What a rubbish, aged take. 

That episode was the bollocks. It's one of the best series ever now. Jordan's momentary mask drop of quite horror that he'd rather be evicted than slum it in the spare room with the other two, Matty with the BB10 Freddie tier facial histrionics, Tom and Jenkin immediately seeing Olivia sort of just move on without them within minutes of slapping on the headphones. 

You could cut Tom some slack if he provoked discussion like She Who Must Not Be Named. If he cut loose and had a laugh like Olivia. If he actually committed to being a proper heel. Even Jenkin seemed to try to have a bit more fun, some reconciliatory speeches here and there. But Tom's such an intrinsically useless character in there it's quite something. Just a beige, insecure wanker pining over a fella who left weeks ago, helplessly gunning for public favourites as if he wants to burn money faster than the KLF. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I do feel there is some merit to Yinrun winding people up by crying for them in situations she’s never even been close to being in. I’m not as far as thinking it’s fake or put on, but if I had someone vote me out but then not even have the backbone to commit to it in a tiebreaker situation, then cry in my face when someone else had to make that decision for her, I too would also be deeply annoyed.

Tom had no humility though and has immediately stropped. They showed a clip on late and live where Jordan is out of the room and the remaining housemates are in the garden. Noky and I believe Matty shout “we love you guys” and Henry shouts “love you Jordan”. Jordan re-enters the room and Tom tells him the housemates don’t give a fuck about him and then Jenkin backs up the lie. It was the ultimate shithead move. It’s truly despicable.

I think Tom and Jenkin are gone tomorrow, though I know some people think Jordan is a gameplayer so him and Jenkin could be swapped. Tom is set in stone though, his days are numbered.

It was harsh though how quickly the house got over them being gone though. Singing in the bathroom about how they’re all gone, especially Tom, was arseholery I don’t think anyone has ever shown an evicted housemate let alone 3 at once.

2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

It was harsh though how quickly the house got over them being gone though. Singing in the bathroom about how they’re all gone, especially Tom, was arseholery I don’t think anyone has ever shown an evicted housemate let alone 3 at once.

To be fair, Olivia was on a high after reaching the final - being so close to what you think is an eviction yet surviving must be an adrenaline rush. I don’t think it was a big deal really, you can either mope over who is gone, or celebrate making the final.

5 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I do feel there is some merit to Yinrun winding people up by crying for them in situations she’s never even been close to being in. I’m not as far as thinking it’s fake or put on, but if I had someone vote me out but then not even have the backbone to commit to it in a tiebreaker situation, then cry in my face when someone else had to make that decision for her, I too would also be deeply annoyed.

I get being annoyed, but I absolutely understand her being upset - look at how other housemates have reacted, knowing other people are responsible for their fates - Dylan towards Trish, Olivia towards Jenkin - I’d be worried about their reaction too. 

Ultimately, Jenkin and Tom are two sour fuckers - miserable, nasty people. That said, I split my votes between Jenkin and Jordan. I want to see bitter Tom interact with Olivia after that, it’s far more interesting than Jordan going back in and stringing along poor Henry some more.

Tom shitting the bed at the end there like a bully's second in command threatening to raise havoc in the classroom to no result whatsoever. You love to see it. His continued axe with Yinrun was just eerie in this episode. She doesn't particularly do anything for me as a housemate - and I think she's slipped down the rankings for a lot of people over the last few days - but he could have handed her top spot tonight because...well...it wasn't very cool the way she was treated. 

Jordan had a great chance to drop the Morrissey act too and actually stand up for people but there was nothing forthcoming, so you'd have to imagine he's slipped down. 

I'm going for Olivia to win for the sheer chaos of it. She been pretty up front about how her emotions and opinions can be swayed. I think we're seeing the real her and it's actually genuinely nice to see her visibly more relaxed and happy looking. If it was a longer series she'd be having a full blown Aisleyne style growth story thing going on. Olivia for the win? Sure! Hopefully she didn't listen to any of that weird cynical "It's like a children's show. Err...remember who you are!" stuff the other two misery balls came out with.