AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

No better way to highlight how boring, generic, pointless and doomed for failure the latest gimmick reinvention of forever rubbish Scorpio Sky is than to cut immediately from his promo to the highly original and brilliant Toni Storm.

My favourite Scorpio Sky moment was when after doing the dirt worst cheesiest heel lines on commentary the camera cut to JR who just looked absolutely fed up of his shit.

I've been totally out of the loop with AEW for ages now. Could anyone explain the TV shows to me?

Obviously Dynamite is the A show. Is Rampage 'B', Collision 'C' ?

Is there a brand split or what's the main differences between the shows?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Winston said:

I've been totally out of the loop with AEW for ages now. Could anyone explain the TV shows to me?

Obviously Dynamite is the A show. Is Rampage 'B', Collision 'C' ?

Is there a brand split or what's the main differences between the shows?

No brand split.

Dynamite A, Collision B, Rampage C.

Dynamite typically has the biggest matches, stars and storyline developments.

Collision is a more relaxed, match focused show focused on the midcard.

Rampage is basically Sunday Night Heat.

Edited by LaGoosh

Joe deserves all the awards just for saving Hook from Jericho. Backstage beat down of the scrubs got a laugh out of me.

Can't believe they are still trying to portray STP as a threat.

Toni Storm Vs. Lady Frost was really fun, Storm has got her act down perfectly.

Frost has lots of potential and some unique looking moves. One to keep an eye on, imo. 

Didn't have Luther chants on my wrestling bingo card.

Fun Stantlander squash.

Cracking main event. 

Wonder if Dustin was told to kill some time. That promo felt like it was 20 minutes long.

• Paid Members

It's pretty telling that I've been meaning to comment on the Scorpio Sky vignettes for the last few weeks but immediately forgotten them after the show.

I thought it was a pretty poor Collision compared to most weeks. With the opening tag going to a time-limit draw and Dustin Rhodes taking up about half hour, it reminded me of one of those old Smackdowns where they only had about 20 members of the B-crew roster around while the main stars were elsewhere.

Tate Mayfairs match graphic had a proper 2000 PWI vibe to it. I half-expected to see a picture of Ron Waterman next to it.

They've quietly managed to turn their womens division around. A lot of good stuff happening between Toni, Mariah, Mercedes, Willow and Stat.

• Paid Members

They’re nothing special in the ring from what I can remember, but a brilliant pair of dafties. Exactly the type of comedy characters that can thrive in AEW. Sometimes, one silly face is worth a thousand FTR kick outs.

• Paid Members

1 year anniversary of Collision tonight!

Looking back I'd say after a rocky start and middle patch Collision has settled into a nice groove for me.

Collision is a relaxing, low stakes and consistent show that gives AEW the space to slowly but steadily develop the midcard and the room for longer big matches you probably couldn't fit on Dynamite. It's never (and I hate this term for describing wrestling) "essential" watching for big angles and the like but it's turned into an almost guaranteed good time. They've had a lot of really fun crowd pleasing big endings I think.

It doesn't get the love Dynamite does but it's given AEW the space to put on some really cracking TV and matches. The Continental Classic Blue League stuff probably being the highlight.

My favourite matches in 1 year of Collision:

Danielson vs Kingston

FTR vs BCG 2/3 Falls

Daniel Garcia vs Brody King

FTR vs Better Than You Bay Bay

MJF vs Kenny Omega 

Danielson vs Christian Cage

Danielson vs Hechicero

FTR/Garcia vs House of Black - cage

Danielson vs Starks - Texas Death 

What do you all think of Collision?

On 6/13/2024 at 7:51 PM, LaGoosh said:

I've never seen them. Any good? AEWs tag division needs a boost. I'm still waiting for MCMG and GYV to get their All Elite graphics!

I thought they were brilliant as Maximum Male Models and their online slots with Maxine were actually pretty funny I thought.