AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

I watched Punk/Starks back, because clearly I have too much time on my hands, and Punk actually looks a bit unfit and off the pace. He seems positively slow and doddery at times.

For such a big star, he doesn’t half allow his presentation to slide at times. He looks a bit knackered (which he could fix as he’s not that old), slightly out of shape and his ring gear isn’t working for him.

His little satin shorts look like the sort of lingerie self-conscious middle aged women buy to spice up their listless marriages.

Get back in the trunks, man.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, FUM said:

His Twitter timelines has been a tribute to his Dad for years. He’s said he wants his Dad in the HOF. He wants to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr.

I’m not saying he should be banned from events or anything as he’s clearly a grieving son struggling to come to terms with what has happened but it’s certainly not wise to have your prominent guys having any interaction with him.

Jericho has had Covid deniers, conspiracy theorists on his podcast and a wife who was at the White House on January 6th. Why aren’t you asking for him to be less prominent?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Jericho has had Covid deniers, conspiracy theorists on his podcast and a wife who was at the White House on January 6th. Why aren’t you asking for him to be less prominent?

For two reasons.

Firstly, I don’t watch AEW often enough to see much of Jericho. I’ve only came back in since Punk returned and have yet to watch a show he hasn’t been on. Those shows haven’t had Jericho in any sort of prominent role.

The other reason is somebody thinking they will fall off the earth if they go to Australia isn’t in the same league as publicly celebrating the life of a man who murdered a woman and child.

All that’s been said is it’s a bad look. I’ll leave it there from my end as nobody really cares all that much.

• Paid Members

It took four weeks for me to not be particularly bothered whether Punk ever wrestles the Elite anymore. If he can’t keep up and forgets his spot with Starks, he’ll outright die out there trying to keep up with Omega or The Bucks.

Frankly, the soft brand split is far more frustrating right now because it potentially halts the new dream match, which is Jay White and Juice Robinson vs. The Young Bucks! Suddenly, Bullet Club lore matters again! Come back to the big leagues on Wednesday, Bang Bang Gang!

10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It took four weeks for me to not be particularly bothered whether Punk ever wrestles the Elite anymore. If he can’t keep up and forgets his spot with Starks, he’ll outright die out there trying to keep up with Omega or The Bucks.

Frankly, the soft brand split is far more frustrating right now because it potentially halts the new dream match, which is Jay White and Juice Robinson vs. The Young Bucks! Suddenly, Bullet Club lore matters again! Come back to the big leagues on Wednesday, Bang Bang Gang!

Surely they have to be working their way back there, given that we now have THE GOLDEN ELITE to go with BULLET CLUB GOLD??

Get them in there with the tag team gold on the line…

I’d never really been sold on Jay White, but he’s growing on me as a performer to the point where I’d be willing to see a solo run at or the near the top play out when he’s done with tag team wrestling.

18 minutes ago, Supremo said:

To be fair, Punk’s match with Joe was very good; while Starks has had a few clunky matches recently. I didn’t think much of his match with Hobbs, and the Jericho match was also pretty messy. I’m not at all convinced that Punk is the person to blame here.

• Paid Members

Am I the only one who saw that finish as leading to a Punk heel turn rather than Starks then? Nobody else really treated Stark's cheating as a heelish thing and the bit with Liger felt like they are just slotting Starks into the role that Hangman obviously doesn't want.

Feels like they are building to Punk doing a Bret in 1997 turn, which wouldn't be a bad use of him at all really.

I know the tag match was technically good but I couldn't get into it. Not sure why. 

Can't believe they rushed Willow out after her match rather than just cutting the meaningless Goth squash. Willow is great. 

I'll admit I was wrong about Punk not doing the job, although I'm not sure the rope holding was needed. Not sure which of them was forgetting spots or if they decided to call it in the ring, but Punk seemed to spend half the match having conversations and it wasn't exactly well hidden. I do wonder if Punk was expecting a more positive reaction, what with his Bret Hart tights, and was trying to call things in the ring to respond to the crowd reaction. 

There was an odd amount of Bret Hart tributes being thrown around for a show about celebrating Owen Hart. 

11 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Am I the only one who saw that finish as leading to a Punk heel turn rather than Starks then? Nobody else really treated Stark's cheating as a heelish thing and the bit with Liger felt like they are just slotting Starks into the role that Hangman obviously doesn't want.

Feels like they are building to Punk doing a Bret in 1997 turn, which wouldn't be a bad use of him at all really.

What’s this part about hangman? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

What’s this part about hangman? 

I meant Punk’s real life frustrations in AEW and with Hangman in particular, because he doesn’t “respect the veterans”. 

It’d be a pretty solid storyline but obviously Hangman and Punk aren’t going to work together any time soon, so I think they’re putting Starks in the spot instead, and giving Punk a kayfabe opponent to express his actual feelings against.