AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

19 minutes ago, Statto said:

Strikes me as a way to get 2 singles guys who they don't have anything else for currently into a featured spot on the Wembley card?

Definitely not Wembley unless they end up winning the titles.

Whole thing feels poorly communicated even by AEW's usual standards. No explanation as to what the Blind Eliminator is and i'd take from that post it's all wrapped up on this week's Dynamite. Which already has 4-5 matches announced. Does that make it a Tag Team Turmoil situation rather than a tournament?

Punk was great as expected. Just on a completely different level as a promo and a presence that will hook you in. However he looks like shit with the shaven look, a shame because he was as handsome as he'd ever been during his previous run.

Show overall had a different feel to Dynamite which is good. Slower paced and less exhausting. Kelly and Nigel (holy shit, a TWO man booth!!) are clearly finding their feet but I prefer anything over rubbish Excalibur hyper screeching over everything. 

12 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The rumours of Punk turning up on Dynamite is potentially to get an alternative in place.

Wait, surely that can't happen! We all know Punk can't be in the same building as The Elite and their hangers-on! What has Meltzer said about this?!?

5 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

It appears Punk v. KENTA at Forbidden Door was the plan. With KENTA attacking after the main event to set it up. Couldn't come to terms so it didn't happen. The rumours of Punk turning up on Dynamite is potentially to get an alternative in place.

Tanahashi maybe if they keep up the ‘MJF hates New Japan’ angle

Just now, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Tanahashi maybe if they keep up the ‘MJF hates New Japan’ angle

That would work maybe. Have Punk step in for MJF who refuses to wrestle, Punk wins, which then leads us nicely to the resumption of the Punk/MJF feud, which has already been hinted at with the bag in his initial promo on Saturday.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

I watched the first hour of the first episode and it was really enjoyable, first time in years I've really enjoyed watching new wrestling.

Couldn't have cared less for punks promo, never a big fan, but it was easy enough to coast over. Wardlow vs Luchasaurus was fun beefy bloke fair and Buddy Matthews vs. Andrade El Idolo was great.

The big issues I've had in the past weren't too prevalent; camera work was solid without tons of cuts, crowd were good without being annoying cunts; despite the punk opening not too much of people I can't stand.

I'll certainly try to catch the rest.