Who are the greatest band from Britain?

Butch2000

4 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Robert Smith if we're going for individuals. He's the one guy I'd be a bit devastated if any proper dirt came out about. Been married to his childhood sweetheart for like a hundred years, recently took on Ticketmaster head on, tweets everything in caps, enormous back catalogue that spans from funeral dirges to Friday I'm In Love, plays for three hours and generally just seems like a very cool gentleman, unlike some of the other Cool Dude figures who are endlessly vaunted in the press. 

I fucking love him. 

It’s also his birthday today. 

A song came on the radio in the car the other day that I was really getting into. I asked my girlfriend if it was one of these modern young cool bands that I'm too old to keep up with these days. She had no idea. We waited for it to finish and Sara Cox to say who it was by... "That's the new one from Shakin' Stevens". 

11 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Don’t come at me for this but surely the Rolling Stones are up there in terms of popularity and longevity. 

Never quite got the Rolling Stones but like you say, their longevity is impressive. Gimme Shelter and Paint it Black are decent tunes though IMO.