AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I quite liked it, I don't think there will be a big storyline moment there above what they've already done. Their tag team act is massively over atm, I figure this is just a fun way to have them doing the tag routine and the DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE for the fans in the pre-show who want to see the act before they come out for the drama of the main event.

• Paid Members

Really hope this event is mic'd right. Stadium shows on telly often lose a large chunk of the crowd noise, hopefully they will account for this and make sure they capture the audience properly. 

But considering AEW's production team these days are pretty ropey I'm not confident they will.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Also seems a bit odd having the guys come out twice. 

A UK event so AEW are clearly going down the 'Premier Promotions' route. James Mason in a mask vs Punk before the main event battle royal pls.

14 hours ago, Jesse said:

I quite liked it, I don't think there will be a big storyline moment there above what they've already done. Their tag team act is massively over atm, I figure this is just a fun way to have them doing the tag routine and the DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE for the fans in the pre-show who want to see the act before they come out for the drama of the main event.

We'll see what they do, but I'm not crazy about it either. If they win, it takes away from the milestone of them ever winning the AEW World Tag Titles. If they lose, it potentially takes the wind out of the sails of the crowd. They might surprise me, but I'm not sure that there's a way of doing this well. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Really hope this event is mic'd right. Stadium shows on telly often lose a large chunk of the crowd noise, hopefully they will account for this and make sure they capture the audience properly. 

But considering AEW's production team these days are pretty ropey I'm not confident they will.

I just hope they mic the ring right! I went to a WWE show once and you couldn't hear the bumps at the back. And that was only about 6,000 people. It was like watching wrestling with hear plugs in. 

7 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

"Zero Hour" starts at 5pm, main show starts at 6pm. 

Going to guess that altogether we're looking at around 5 to 6 hours of wrestling.

The crowd will be fucked by the time MJF/Cole comes around.

Was the same at Forbidden Door. The crowd was exhausted by the time of the main event.

• Paid Members
On 8/14/2023 at 5:03 PM, Rob Lowe said:

Email from Ticketmaster with new doors opening time of 3.30pm and event starts 5.00pm.

So starting an hour earlier. Please dont be a five hour show guys.

Gives them more time to get the raffle tickets sold.