AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

More power to you, do what you got to do, but damn. I’ve never wanted to see a match more than that main event tonight. I was absolutely beside myself.

I know! I wasn’t the only one either, there were loads leaving just as the trios match started too.

I guess seeing them in the pre show was at least a plus.

2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Smart move for them to announce the next show early to be honest. Pipped WWE to the post if they had any big return plans. Always best to catch people while they're all hyped up.

That's a good point, strike while the iron is hot. Maybe get the tickets out earlier. I'm just glad they've given me a year to talk people in. When the show was announced the people who would have gone had planned holidays etc.

I honestly expected an arena tour but I'm not complaining.

1 minute ago, westlondonmist said:

That's a good point, strike while the iron is hot. Maybe get the tickets out earlier. I'm just glad they've given me a year to talk people in. When the show was announced the people who would have gone had planned holidays etc.

I honestly expected an arena tour but I'm not complaining.

Tell them to watch the ITV4 replay see what they think.

I'd imagine at worse they try and do Collision over here next year.

• Paid Members

Triple H when he not only hears the news about them re-booking Wembley for next year, but discovers you can actually close a stadium show with a satisfying, feel-good ending.

IMG_6081.gif.1e1ec5b4126352e5243d0d8f07851152.gif

I had the best time. A genuine big-time show that delivered all night long. Eddie Kingston scrapping right in front of me, followed by Sue?!

IMG_6031.thumb.jpeg.f476cbbf317ae06d03e848c682d96693.jpeg

Fuck yeah. Home run. Everyone around us who was in the queue for the tube home was already checking hotel availability for next year. See you there!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I had great fun. Think the same group of us will go up next year. I don't watch AEW TV so haven't seen a great deal of MJF before, but he's phenomenal. Gets working a crowd in a way I've only seen in a handful of people.

Very pleaaed I managed to time going for a piss and getting a pint with Saraya's match perfectly.

Absolutely cracking night. The atmosphere certainly went up a notch as it got dark. Promised myself I wasn't gonna be one of those rubes who got caught up in Jericho's entrance. Have a sore throat from singing.

Thought Moxley was gonna do a full Sandman entrance, so  I nipped out for a piss and a hotdog. Came back just as Penta was putting the skewers in his head. Bonkers.

• Paid Members

Was there also, not far from quite a few people it seems.IMG-20230827-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.bff1ef291198a2cf221f10b80df79407.jpeg

What an absolutely bloody brilliant atmosphere. Had a great time, despite not being that familiar with the AEW guys apart from the ex-WWE names. Hell of a show, super fun. 

Getting back home, across North London, has been more of an ordeal than it should've been. Still on the bus now, home in five minutes, but it didn't take the edge off. 

Genuinely might consider getting a hotel for next year's show, make a big deal out of it.

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Was there also, not far from quite a few people it seems.IMG-20230827-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.bff1ef291198a2cf221f10b80df79407.jpeg

What an absolutely bloody brilliant atmosphere. Had a great time, despite not being that familiar with the AEW guys apart from the ex-WWE names. Hell of a show, super fun. 

Getting back home, across North London, has been more of an ordeal than it should've been. Still on the bus now, home in five minutes, but it didn't take the edge off. 

Genuinely might consider getting a hotel for next year's show, make a big deal out of it.

Always walk to Alperton. It’s the Wembley cheat code. 25 minute walk, and then you’re on the Piccadilly Line, and no sod ever goes that way.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Always walk to Alperton. It’s the Wembley cheat code. 25 minute walk, and then you’re on the Piccadilly Line, and no sod ever goes that way.

Still takes an hour and a half, which is still a bit of a shit, when you consider the usual route takes half that. Still, worth considering, so thanks for that.

EDIT: I am a doof when I'm tired. I could just take the Piccadilly line from Alperton to Green Park, then blast it down the Victoria line to Finsbury Park.

Edited by Carbomb

Just now, Carbomb said:

Still takes an hour and a half, which is still a bit of a shit, when you consider the usual route takes half that. Still, worth considering, so thanks for that.

Yeah took me 40 minutes to get to the station and to kings cross for the Victoria line. Must say though that was one of the best behaved crowds I have seen, especially at a big event like that

• Paid Members
Just now, Factotum said:

Yeah took me 40 minutes to get to the station and to kings cross for the Victoria line. Must say though that was one of the best behaved crowds I have seen, especially at a big event like that

I don't think wrestling crowds tend to be badly behaved in general, thankfully. Think everybody's usually buzzed to be hanging out with kindred spirits, so solidarity tends to be the order of the day rather than aggression.