AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Wembley is a big venue, but they've been running live events for four years now. It's not like they've only been running the local masonic guildhall, their highest attendance is what 20k at one of the US stadiums? So imagine it will be the same principle and management structure, just with a bunch more manpower support in conjunction with the venue/LiveNation

5 hours ago, BigJag said:

You're right. They are. I'm guessing Live nation will provide the the local workforce and liasons. Has a managment structure for AEW been established? I'm perplexed as to how they inted to run such a large venue with seemingly very little experience. It's a wrestling show. It's going to be different to the likes of other sports events and entrtainment shows. The AEW version of 24/7 should be an ineresting watch.

I can’t get from your posts what you think is so different here? Wembley and it’s facilities will be ran by Wembley. They will likely hire production companies to set up the lighting as well as bringing their own team. What makes a wrestling show any different from say boxing that’s ran there? 

• Paid Members

I don't doubt that Wembley know what they're doing. I'm questioning whether AEW have the capacity to hold up their end. Who within AEW is the bridge between whatever production contractors that will be employed. They seem to have quality talent in TV production. Will they be able to adapt  to this massive space? 

How many outdoor events have AEW run? How many AEW wrestlers have experience of performing in this type of venue and environment? 

AEW are shifting from arena shows to a massive stadium. Seemingly on a whim. A venue that is brand new to them. In a different country. With a team of people that may consist of some people that have WWE experience. Only WWE have put on shows at such venues in recent times. Those have been huge affairs. Managed by WWEs legendary production crew. Have AEW got a workable plan for this event? They have got to organise promotion, production, logistics, talent. As well as put on a presentable wrestling show. Can they do all those things coherently and effectively?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

I don't doubt that Wembley know what they're doing. I'm questioning whether AEW have the capacity to hold up their end. Who within AEW is the bridge between whatever production contractors that will be employed. They seem to have quality talent in TV production. Will they be able to adapt  to this massive space? 

How many outdoor events have AEW run? How many AEW wrestlers have experience of performing in this type of venue and environment? 

AEW are shifting from arena shows to a massive stadium. Seemingly on a whim. A venue that is brand new to them. In a different country. With a team of people that may consist of some people that have WWE experience. Only WWE have put on shows at such venues in recent times. Those have been huge affairs. Managed by WWEs legendary production crew. Have AEW got a workable plan for this event? They have got to organise promotion, production, logistics, talent. As well as put on a presentable wrestling show. Can they do all those things coherently and effectively?

The Khans are billionaires who own an NFL team, a Premier League football team and a touring wrestling company so it's probably fair to say that it's highly likely they are able to get the required expertise, contacts, experience and resources needed to put on a large scale live event.

3 hours ago, BigJag said:

. Have AEW got a workable plan for this event? They have got to organise promotion, production, logistics, talent. As well as put on a presentable wrestling show. Can they do all those things coherently and effectively?

Can they coexist?

4 hours ago, BigJag said:

Literal billionaires who have had a minimum of 20 outdoor sports events in London annually (19 Fulham home games and a jags game), what would they know about this.......

Probably going to have trainees set up the chairs and Ricky Knight running security cash in hand, number 11 winning the raffle and the ref having an identical tattoo to the luchadore in the rumble.

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Got my presale code emailed to me this morning, just have to remember that it’s actually taking place on the 2nd of May now.

As did I. Am I reading this right and there is an additional VIP/AEW Shop code that will work at 9am, and the normal pre-reg codes will start working from 11am?

Apparently, they already got 60,000 pre-registrations. Of course, not all of those will actually buy but I think it bodes well for a brilliant atmosphere at the stadium and I'm really excited to go to my first mainstream wrestling show since TNA at Wembley Arena nearly 15 years ago (I think it might actually be the first wrestling show at all since then, but I'm not sure if I attended a Lucha Underground show or something since.

Edited by 69MeDon