CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Best thing about Chris Jericho, off his face on Buck’s Fizz, threatening that he’s got loads of SCOOPS to reveal is that practically everyone already knows Jericho’s comprehensive take on Brawl Out. It was published in that week’s Observer, word for fucking word. May as well have signed his name at the end.

11 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

what year was the Fozzy tour around C tier pubs of the north of england? was that this year or last? if it wasnt around Christmas it made it feel like

I dunno but Fozzy played at the Welly in Hull in 2005 and seeing Jericho in that dingy nightclub with the sticky floors was quite the sight. 

• Paid Members
On 11/30/2023 at 6:23 PM, David said:

Keep the Jericho chat to other less important threads, please. I click this thread to see what's happening with Punk.

Recycling this whinge, so he doesn’t have to.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Punk wrestling Dirty Dom on the Christmas  Madison Square Garden show tonight is the most I’ve wanted to see a fan cam in forever. Hoping they pop up online tomorrow. What a mad match pairing. Love it.

Funnily enough the week after he came back a mate at work asked me who his first match should be against. I said a clear and definite heel who he probably doesn’t have to work too hard to beat, and equally doesn’t lose much by losing to him. We agreed the obvious candidate was Dom.

• Paid Members

Jericho’s moved on to the Boxing Day Baileys, decided he now likes Punk. Or maybe Bryan Danielson’s already fined him for being a social media idiot, so he’s on his best behaviour.

IMG_7275.thumb.jpeg.e6f78fe47427654694de757d56b59015.jpeg

Anyway, here’s the match.

Basic, fun house show match. Still insane that Punk left AEW with his last match at Wembley Stadium, then returned to WWE with his first match at a sold out Madison Square Garden. Pro-wrestling? Completed it, mate.

Trunks rather than long kecks. Instantly add two stars.

Rubbish Rock-style Sharpshooter though. First you become best mates with Shawn and Hunter, and now this? Bret’s gonna disown you.

He looks to have bulked up since jumping ship. Would be funny if all these years later he still thinks you have to put some size on when you go to New York. Who could blame him for thinking that when you see the size of Randy and AJ though. Land of the giants again.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

The discourse over on twitter because the crowd chanted 'You still got it' is absolutely hilarious. That crowd will be 90% Dad's who probably haven't watched for 10 years taking their kids to their first show as a Christmas present. They won't have a clue what Punks done over the last few years.

Edited by Nick James