CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

Just now, David said:

I like how you say "even his own damn government" as if stealing from the government is more heinous than stealing from friends and colleagues! 

Whilst that is true, he's American and as patriotic as they are that would surely outweigh personal causes.

He was called out for it during the pandemic for misappropriating government funds for his own endeavours but conveniently avoided any conversation when called out. He's severely disliked amongst independent fans in Philadelphia and numerous places in Alabama. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things but I dislike he's given any sort of creditability in wrestling circles. 

17 minutes ago, Rule One said:

For a man who's stole from friends, colleagues and even his own damn government during a pandemic how can anyone view him as a viable source of even gossip. Cunt of the highest order that scrapes a living/attention from the wrestling public like he scrapes the skids of his shitty underpants. Shitarse cunt.

Didn't Joey Ryan via a burner account try to spread that story about Bix applying for a loan from the US government 

If you want to take that guy as a viable source of gossip, that's a you problem

Bix is a weirdo and has a personality problem which down him more harm than good. I also think people that believe Joey Ryan can get in the bin

6 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Didn't Joey Ryan via a burner account try to spread that story about Bix applying for a loan from the US government 

If you want to take that guy as a viable source of gossip, that's a you problem

Bix is a weirdo and has a personality problem which down him more harm than good. I also think people that believe Joey Ryan can get in the bin

That's what Bix said but it's traceable to the New York Small Business Administration that has certified records of an application. If Joey did that he would need to know exact details about Bix for it to go through. Not only that, it was followed up by plenty of others across social media platforms.

Bix is a large scale and known Tape Trader thief in NY, PA and AL alone.

I agree with you about Joey Ryan though, he can get in the bin with Bix which in fairness to Bix is insulting compared to Joey's disgusting activities.

Apologies for derailing the thread.

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

May need to rename collision to The Island of Misfit Toys if all this alleged stuff is true.

And if it is, all the stranger that The Elite all re-signed.

They're actually being really smart. Playing the waiting game for Punk to either walk or blow up and by ignoring him makes him totally look like the one in the wrong. 

My real take on this is, if everything is as it seems, Punk might not be very bright.

One slightly snide, petty promo jizzed out about Hangman without thinking and within a few days his reputation (or whatever was left of it) has been absolutely dragged from every angle and Hangman is saying “karma is my kink” on Instagram before half the stories broke.

He may have learnt a lesson that, in 2023, the people he hates are better connected, more well liked and in a position to bring a bazooka to a knife fight.

So, I go back to my original point, shutting up and going back to work are probably the best options right now. If you can’t make friends, just work your shows, leave it, and stop making liking wrestling so needlessly dramatic and exhausting.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

34 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

My real take on this is, if everything is as it seems, Punk might not be very bright.

One slightly snide, petty promo jizzed out about Hangman without thinking and within a few days his reputation (or whatever was left of it) has been absolutely dragged from every angle and Hangman is saying “karma is my kink” on Instagram before half the stories broke.

He may have learnt a lesson that, in 2023, the people he hates are better connected, more well liked and in a position to bring a bazooka to a knife fight.

So, I go back to my original point, shutting up and going back to work are probably the best options right now. If you can’t make friends, just work your shows, leave it, and stop making liking wrestling so needlessly dramatic and exhausting.

I think that's the point. He thrives on drama. His life doesn't seem complete without having some grudge or conflict. The chip on his shoulder is astounding. 

• Paid Members

He's always seemed to have this innate desire to be seen as a lockerroom leader, except whenever someone says something that upsets him he immediately throws a paddy and challenges them to a fight.

Thing is if he was as good as HBK was in 96-97 I'd be fine with it all really, but he's so dull I just want him and his drama to fuck off.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Rule One said:

Also FUCK BIX. I hate to denigrate anyone but that low level Meltzer wannabe is a bottom feeder of the lowest common denominator.

I've got time for Bix, and more than most wrestling 'journalists'. When the Ashley Massaro thing kicked off, he was the only one to go into it, share it, and try to find out more information. Nobody else touched it until it was unavoidable.

Re: the whole Punk thing - I'm not ruling it out that it might be a work, because blocking anyone on BTE from being in the building is a great meta way to lean into the whole thing involving smaller-level guys. It also leans into Punk as this controlling hypocrite character, which would be fun to actually get.

However, the entire thing is predicated on it being easy to believe that Punk is a slightly deluded dickhead. And that's just a bit *too* easy to believe. And if it's not a work, then that's all he is.

Edited by Chris B