CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Currently, he looks thin and tired and like his body is only ever one ill advised crowd surf away from a 6 month hiatus in a private Alabama medical facility.

In all seriousness, I have to disagree there. He looks good for a 44 year old guy who's had the career doing what he's done. He looks lean, healthy and dare I say it, happy. 

12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Still, if generating headlines is how we’re measuring an acts worth these days… sure.

In today's world it's a big part of it, that's for sure. When someone appearing backstage at a couple of shows is making headlines and getting social media buzzing it does show an interest in that person. 

CM Punk can't be a baby-face now surely? The fans love The Elite. And if people I've spoken to are any indication. The fans who will cheer Punk over them are WWE fans who watch AEW. So maybe make him a heel to the die hard AEW fans and a face to the WWE ones who still call Bryan, "Daniel Bryan". It'd be a fun take on his hero Bret's Canada Vs USA thing from 1997. But what do I know? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

CM Punk can't be a baby-face now surely? The fans love The Elite. And if people I've spoken to are any indication. The fans who will cheer Punk over them are WWE fans who watch AEW. So maybe make him a heel to the die hard AEW fans and a face to the WWE ones who still call Bryan, "Daniel Bryan".

Are these 'WWE fans who watch AEW' going to be present at the event or are they going to be cheering Punk from their own homes? Because if they're the former, then buying tickets to an AEW event and behaving like WWE fans is peculiar; chanting "CM PUNK! CM PUNK!" at their JVC even more so.

Punk will go out and be the guy who talks about the thing that no one talks about and pop the crowd. He will be fine getting the audience to do as he wants 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

All that matters is the name. Fans chant for Punk when he is not there.

It's a tough one to use for a barometer of actually making money. More people chanted "ECW" at shows ran by other companies than ever went to ECW or paid money for their product. But the point stands, being over is more important than the look, unless the look got you over. A wise man once said, the guy that gets them to make the most noise is the best worker.

15 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

So maybe make him a heel to the die hard AEW fans and a face to the WWE ones who still call Bryan, "Daniel Bryan".

I don't know how you make it clear who he's going out there for (the way Bret was doing it for everyone not American) without getting all insider and smarky, but then the premise is insider and smarky to begin with. As has Punk been for most of the last 15 years, to be fair, so perhaps it comes with the territory.

11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are these 'WWE fans who watch AEW' going to be present at the event or are they going to be cheering Punk from their own homes? Because if they're the former, then buying tickets to an AEW event and behaving like WWE fans is peculiar; chanting "CM PUNK! CM PUNK!" at their JVC even more so.

There's form with this breed of wanker though isn't there. Those dunces that paid to go to Raw back in 97 to then chant "You sold out" at RVD for betraying ECW.

Edited by air_raid

On 5/1/2023 at 5:01 PM, TheScarlettChad said:

It'd be a fun take on his hero Bret's Canada Vs USA thing from 1997. But what do I know? 

Actually reckon it will end up something like this. Punk loves that arld Bret.

• Paid Members
On 5/2/2023 at 5:24 PM, Pinc said:

Actually reckon it will end up something like this. Punk loves that arld Bret.

For maximum impact (by which I mean, arguments on Twitter) Punk should simply pitch himself as the hero for those of us who loved Bret and enemy to those who didn’t.

• 2 weeks later...