Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 29 Paid Members Posted March 29 3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: I blame the Young Bucks. Calm down Cornette! Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 3 Paid Members Posted April 3 (edited) Airing 1 day before AEW Dynasty and 7 days before WrestleMania, TNA present REBELLION! BUY IT PPV.com / TNA+ / YouTube MATCHES TNA World Championship: Mike Santana (c) vs. Eddie Edwards (This will be Edwards' Feast or Fired TNA World Title match) TNA Knockouts World Championship: Arianna Grace (c) vs. Léi Yǐng Lee TNA International Championship: Trey Miguel (c) vs. Mustafa Ali Six-woman Hardcore Country Match: The Elegance Brand (Ash by Elegance, Heather by Elegance and M by Elegance) vs. Mickie James, ODB and Taryn Terrell TNA X Division Championship: Leon Slater (c) vs. Cedric Alexander TNA World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys (c) vs. The System (Bear Bronson and Brian Myers) Moose vs. Special Agent 0 Frankie Kazarian vs. Elijah Nic Nemeth vs. A. J. Francis Countdown to Rebellion Pre-Show Ryan Nemeth vs. BDE Edited April 11 by Kamran Quote
NeverYield Posted April 4 Posted April 4 Mustafa Ali is looking in serious shape for Rebellion. Quote
Chili Posted April 10 Posted April 10 So their owner Carlos Silva threw a fucking wobbler that WBD pre-empted Collision on the same night as TNA and pulled a load of matches AEW and TNA had planned (Nic Nemeth, Leon Slater and Moose apparently). Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 10 Paid Members Posted April 10 44 minutes ago, Chili said: So their owner Carlos Silva threw a fucking wobbler that WBD pre-empted Collision on the same night as TNA and pulled a load of matches AEW and TNA had planned (Nic Nemeth, Leon Slater and Moose apparently). He said it was a decision made above him. Which leads to only 3 candidates. AMC (the network they’re on), HHH or TKO. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 11 Paid Members Posted April 11 The Rebellion pre-show airs at midnight: TNA are also hyping up the return of EC3 at Rebellion: Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 11 Paid Members Posted April 11 1 hour ago, Kamran said: TNA are also hyping up the return of EC3 at Rebellion TNA's very unique way of saying "Yes things are shit right now, what of it?"| Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 14 Author Paid Members Posted April 14 (edited) EC3 looks like shit, but I suppose if you’re going to bring in someone in way past their peak, its best that they’re one of your own home grown names rather than another ex-WWE or AEW name. I’m genuinely surprised that TNA have been allowing their wrestlers to work Maple Leaf Pro for a while now. Over the past year its quietly become an AEW satellite promotion in Canada, even hosting joint ROH tapings. Pulling wrestlers from shows after they’ve been advertised is poor form though. I find something just so incredibly depressing about the current landscape though. Its like the whole industry has allowed itself to sleepwalk into a cold war where WWE and AEW are the superpowers and everyone else has to pick a side and fall into line. Even New Japan, AAA etc have fell victim and completely at the mercy of whoever’s heading their sphere of influence. The online discourse is the worst its ever been, people are barely allowed to have an opinion without raising suspicion as there’s just so much bad faith takes in general. It makes me wonder how insufferable the Monday Night Wars would have been if social media was in full flow back then. But that said, back then at least fans would choose the best show to watch and could be persuaded to change over. Nowadays everyone seems to be so entrenched, having picked their side, so to speak. Edited April 14 by garynysmon Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 14 Paid Members Posted April 14 1 hour ago, garynysmon said: I’m genuinely surprised that TNA have been allowing their wrestlers to work Maple Leaf Pro for a while now. Over the past year its quietly become an AEW satellite promotion in Canada, even hosting joint ROH tapings. Have you been watching any MLP? I've subscribed to them on YT but not watched any yet. One of the things I rather enjoyed back in the 00s was watching regional/local promotions that were booked like they understood their remits and their limits - Osaka Pro, Herts & Essex Wrestling, AWA: Quebec (though I wasn't able to get my hands on loads of their stuff), and even a bit of OVW when Cornette was booking it. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted April 14 Paid Members Posted April 14 8 minutes ago, Carbomb said: One of the things I rather enjoyed back in the 00s was watching regional/local promotions that were booked like they understood their remits and their limits - Osaka Pro, Herts & Essex Wrestling, AWA: Quebec (though I wasn't able to get my hands on loads of their stuff), and even a bit of OVW when Cornette was booking it. This has reminded me of LAW (Live Action Wrestling) on the Wrestling Channel which I loved for about a month in 2005, I want to say. I think Jeff Hardy was one of the bigger stars on it, and Jerry Lawler was featured quite often iirc. But everytime I try to find some of it online I draw a blank. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 14 Author Paid Members Posted April 14 (edited) 1 hour ago, Carbomb said: Have you been watching any MLP? I've subscribed to them on YT but not watched any yet. Its basically Scott D’amore’s Impact Wrestling in terms of look, presentation and much of the roster. You can tell its using much of the same old crew as even the camera angles seem familiar. I just struggle to warm to it, as what I liked about Impact Wrestling a few years ago was how it was quietly and very slowly growing, against the odds really. MLP doesn’t really have the same charm as its just using a bunch of AEW guys and it isn’t really a company of its own right. Its not that different to how the current TNA is proceeding really. Clearly doing well in terms of business and while it does have its own contracted talent, I’m never quite able to establish how much autonomy TNA actually has and where the WWE association starts and ends. In reality if you dislike WWE (and hey, there are many reasons to), and if Tony Khan isn’t your cup of tea either, there’s very little out there in the wrestling landscape. One of the big two’s fingerprints are all over everything by now. Edited April 14 by garynysmon Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted April 14 Paid Members Posted April 14 I noticed on my daily 'is MyAEW on Roku yet' check the other day that a few MLP shows had been uploaded, so it seems like they're essentially a sister/feeder promotion to AEW already at this stage. Quote
Infinity Land Posted April 14 Posted April 14 MLP just announced a deal with TSN for a new show. That will establish more of a roster and storylines. Until now its been more of a superindy trying to get noticed. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 14 Paid Members Posted April 14 34 minutes ago, garynysmon said: Its basically Scott D’amore’s Impact Wrestling in terms of look, presentation and much of the roster. You can tell its using much of the same old crew as even the camera angles seem familiar. I just struggle to warm to it, as what I liked about Impact Wrestling a few years ago was how it was quietly and very slowly growing, against the odds really. MLP doesn’t really have the same charm as its just using a bunch of AEW guys and it isn’t really a company of its own right. Its not that different to how the current TNA is proceeding really. Clearly doing well in terms of business and while it does have its own contracted talent, I’m never quite able to establish how much autonomy TNA actually has and where the WWE association starts and ends. In reality if you dislike WWE (and hey, there are many reasons to), and if Tony Khan isn’t your cup of tea either, there’s very little out there in the wrestling landscape. One of the big two’s fingerprints are all over everything by now. That's a real shame. Would've liked to see a proper Canadian product. I haven't watched much wrestling over the past 15 years or so - mostly NWA Powerrr until it went really shit, a bit of AEW (the first Wembley show was amazing), the NJPW London Copperbox event, and Kaiju Big Battel at Ally Pally, and some nostalgia stuff. I will probably get round to watching AEW properly, but it's finding the time. MLP initially appealed because it seemed like there wasn't so much to get into. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.