Paid Members waters44 Posted January 16 Paid Members Posted January 16 I read that they did a big angle after the show went off air which if true is just crazy. I would say LOLTNA but it’s not funny, it’s just depressing. What a waste Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 16 Author Paid Members Posted January 16 (edited) Generally speaking I despise the makeup of the current TNA roster. Its so imbalanced. I make no bones about the fact that I’ve never been a workrate or a ‘wrestling guy’ in the slightest. Most long matches bore me to tears and from the time I was a kid, I fast forward to the end of more wrestling matches than I actually watch. But in 2026 of all eras, you need at least a portion of your roster to be able to pull out banger matches. Even I can see that. What’s happened over the past 2 years or so is that TNA has bled its best in-ring talent who have almost all gone to AEW (catering). But since then it looks like fucking Tommy Dreamer has gone ‘fuck it, we keep losing these great workers’ and so has decided to go completely the other way and replace them with wrestlers he knows that none of the big two would ever want or attempt to poach. Even Leon Slater is a Scott D’amore signing, just before he left. Its led to a massive over reliance on smoke and mirrors, interference, attempts at ‘comedy’ and generally terrible booking. The worst part is that its coincided with TNA’s best business in 15 years, so nothing is likely to change. They can always point to the couple of thousand of WWE fans in the crowd, who don’t have a clue what’s going on, as an indicator of the current ‘success’. Edited January 16 by garynysmon Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 16 Paid Members Posted January 16 (edited) @IANdrewDiceClayon twitter described TNA as the Triggers Broom of wrestling companies. I gave it a fair shake but thought it was awful. The rumour that WWE wanted Leon Slater on the European Tour so offered AJ as a good will gesture was weird. For me TNA is AJ Styles, so for just for him to do a ra ra speech leading to nothing felt a waste of time. And now no X Division title match for your AMC debut or PPV. We know wrestling companies struggle to sell tickets for TV tapings but to stick all the celebrities in the hard cam section to show the 1000’s of empty, not tarped seats looked awful. As was a title change happening during commercials when you don’t have Picture in Picture as well. Madness. 3 matches in 2 hours is just poor, especially when only one I’d describe as alright. They fluffed it and I’m so angry at them for messing it up. WWE either need to really step in to help improve the production or I could see them walk away after that. Edited January 16 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 16 Author Paid Members Posted January 16 30 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I gave it a fair shake but thought it was awful. The rumour that WWE wanted Leon Slater on the European Tour so offered AJ as a good will gesture was weird. For me TNA is AJ Styles, so for just for him to do a ra ra speech leading to nothing felt a waste of time. And now no X Division title match for your AMC debut or PPV. In fairness it seems that Leon Slater was just one of the victims of the famed visa issues. So rather than sit at home twiddling his thumbs he’s joined the WWE UK Tour. He wasn’t voluntarily sacrificed off the shows to please WWE, so I’ll let them off on that point. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 16 Paid Members Posted January 16 Any news on whether Homicide is out of the steel cage yet? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 16 Paid Members Posted January 16 52 minutes ago, garynysmon said: In fairness it seems that Leon Slater was just one of the victims of the famed visa issues. So rather than sit at home twiddling his thumbs he’s joined the WWE UK Tour. He wasn’t voluntarily sacrificed off the shows to please WWE, so I’ll let them off on that point. If it’s genuinely a visa issue that’s terrible, not just for the obvious but it can take months to resolve. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 16 Posted January 16 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: 3 matches in 2 hours is just poor, especially when only one I’d describe as alright. They fluffed it and I’m so angry at them for messing it up. Especially considering TNA stands for "Total Non-Stop Action". Three matches in two hours is beyond poor. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 16 Posted January 16 Their approach just didn't really make any sense to be honest. AJ Styles? Fair enough. But wheeling out Dixie and Bully etc - why? Who's that appealing to? I know that it's tough for wrestling to get new fans - just see WWE/Netflix for showing it's not that easy - but surely you'd at least be trying to make an effort to showcase your main selling points. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 16 Author Paid Members Posted January 16 51 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: If it’s genuinely a visa issue that’s terrible, not just for the obvious but it can take months to resolve. Essentially the entire international crew couldn’t get in, even road agents like Lance Storm. Independent contractor visas were apparently flagging up as suspicious following Tango Man’s latest crackdowns. Who knows if it’ll affect other companies too? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 16 Paid Members Posted January 16 (edited) 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Their approach just didn't really make any sense to be honest. AJ Styles? Fair enough. But wheeling out Dixie and Bully etc - why? Who's that appealing to? I know that it's tough for wrestling to get new fans - just see WWE/Netflix for showing it's not that easy - but surely you'd at least be trying to make an effort to showcase your main selling points. Almost 6m people watched the debut episode of Raw on Netflix. It dropped about 2m for the 2nd week and then averages 2.5-3m. That suggests it’s more they can’t retain interest more than couldn’t get people to keep tuning in. It’s why the first episode on a new network is so crucial. @garynysmon the reports I read (per frightful) did mention visa issues for some folks like Cody Deener, but are adamant Slater’s is purely WWE wanting him and not visa related Edited January 16 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted January 16 Paid Members Posted January 16 They need to get rid of Delirious and Tommy Dreamer. A pair generation dog shit creative minds. You have no hope with those two. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 17 Author Paid Members Posted January 17 4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: @garynysmon the reports I read (per frightful) did mention visa issues for some folks like Cody Deener, but are adamant Slater’s is purely WWE wanting him and not visa related This report says otherwise. https://wrestlingheadlines.com/backstage-update-on-rumored-wwe-and-tna-trade-for-aj-styles-leon-slater-spoiler/ The fact that Dani Luna and Harley Hudson were unable to leave the UK either means I'd be surprised if Leon Slater was in any better position to do so. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 Updated TNA Genesis card which airs tonight. How to watch in the UK? TNA+ (It's available on Triller, Youtube etc but the cheapest option is TNA+) Matches TNA World Championship - Texas Deathmatch: Mike Santana (c) vs. Frankie Kazarian (Nic Nemeth will be the special guest referee) TNA Knockouts World Championship: Léi Yǐng Lee (c) vs. Zaria (with Sol Ruca) JDC vs. Eddie Edwards (This will be JDC's retirement match) Cedric Alexander vs. Moose vs. Joe Hendry Elijah vs. Mustafa Ali TNA International Championship: Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo (c) vs. Eric Young vs. BDE vs. TBA TNA World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys vs. The Righteous A. J. Francis vs. Rich Swann Ryan Nemeth vs. Mara Sadé (Intergender match) COUNTDOWN TO TNA GENESIS (Begins around midnight) Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 20 Author Paid Members Posted January 20 Funny isn’t it… on shows that have to feature a lot more wrestling and less of Delirious and Tommy D’s ‘creative’, this happens…. I wonder if there’s some kind of pattern here?… Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted March 14 Posted March 14 (edited) JOHNNY SWINGER IS BACK, ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WIZZORLD. Edited March 14 by HandsomeButchIII Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.