Paid Members Kamran Posted March 19 Paid Members Posted March 19 (edited) Airing 1 day after TNA Rebellion and on the Sunday before WrestleMania weekend, AEW Dynasty will be coming from Vancouver, Canada. EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AEW DYNASTY BUY IT Amazon Prime / DAZN / MyAEW / PPV.com / Triller (Tape delay) / YouTube MATCHES AEW World Championship: MJF (c) vs. Kenny Omega Jon Moxley vs. Will Ospreay AEW World Tag Team Championship: FTR (c) vs. Adam Copeland and Christian Cage The Young Bucks vs. Kazuchika Okada & Konosuke Takeshita AEW Women's World Championship: Thekla (c) vs. Jamie Hayter Andrade El Ídolo vs. Darby Allin (If Allin wins, he will get a future AEW World Championship match) AEW TNT Championship: Casino Gauntlet Match Chris Jericho vs. Ricochet AEW World Trios Championship: The Dogs (Clark Connors, David Finlay, and Gabe Kidd) (c) vs. The Conglomeration (Orange Cassidy and Roderick Strong) and TBA Zero Hour Alex Windsor vs. Marina Shafir AEW National Championship: Jack Perry (c) vs. Mark Davis AEW Women's World Tag Team Championship: Divine Dominion (Lena Kross and Megan Bayne) (c) vs. Hyan and Maya World COUNTDOWN TO AEW DYNASTY POSTERS Edited April 12 by Kamran Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted April 12 Author Paid Members Posted April 12 Zero Hour begins at midnight: Quote
SoloJones Posted April 12 Posted April 12 Mad that with a roster that deep, and without the alleged excuse of the networks opinions on the division, that's there's only one women's match on the main card. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 13 Paid Members Posted April 13 “Will Ospreay will adapt his style following his neck surgery, to ensure safety and longevity.” Also Will Ospreay. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 13 Posted April 13 I liked the Kenny finish. Kicking his legs up in a desperate attempt to kick out even though he knew he was done. Great bit of business. Quote
Chili Posted April 13 Posted April 13 Really like the Empire Strikes Back style booking of that show to be honest. Lots of babyfaces with doubts and mountains to overcome. Fucking Jericho, daring to be still pretty good. You're not supposed to be good Jericho, stop being a dickhead. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 13 Posted April 13 How long do we expect Jericho to be this good? How long until he gets the beer belly back I wonder. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 13 Paid Members Posted April 13 That was an excellent show, but I agree with @SoloJones, the lack of women’s wrestling on AEW shows with a roster that strong is shameful. The sad reality in AEW is that you’re more likely to get TV or PPV time if you’re male and mediocre than if you’re female and exceptional. I hate that, and not just from a moral perspective, it’s because I actually want to see these wrestlers have matches. If there was greater parity, maybe they’d find it easier to retain the likes of Mariah May and Jade Cargill. And even if they didn’t, maybe they’d find it easier to attract top female stars in the way AEW has male wrestlers. It’s a shame that’s the case because the show was exceptional and I’d rather just enthuse about that. Heck, I even enjoyed Kyle O’Reilly’s return, I thought that was a really creative way to do it. And since I don’t give a shit about the trios titles, it’s nice for he and Roderick Strong to be out of sight and out of mind for a while. I’d like to see them do more with OC though, a feud with MJF for the belt would be fun. The opener was incredible. The Bucks are the best tag team on the planet, Takeshita is a future World Champion and Okada is on quite the roll this year. Jericho/Ricochet was also very good, although why on earth has he dropped the ‘Chris’ from his name? Him losing his first match back is clearly leading to something storyline wise, and I think he’s going to be a fun addition to Dynamite and/or Collision. FTR/C&C was really good, but it left me deflated as I wanted C&C to win. I imagine they will eventually, but I’m ready to move on to the dream match with The Young Bucks. Kevin Knight winning the TNT belt continues his rise. I can only assume Max Caster has decided to try his luck elsewhere, I kind of expected to see him in the Battle Royale, but there was no such joy. That and the fact he reunited with Bowens on an indie show doesn’t read well for the future of The Acclaimed. And that’s a real shame as I’d love to see them face Copeland and Christian. I could see him doing pretty well in WWE though, so I understand why he might want to Royce Keys himself. Moxley/Ospreay was fun, and I’m glad that they’ve not put the albatross of a title that is the Continental belt on Will. Now unify it with something permanently, please. Thekla/Hayter was really good, but seeing the women’s world title essentially being used as a buffer match was pretty sad. The men’s World title match was good, but might have been better had they cut 10 mins of it or so. I didn’t like the ref bump finish either. If you’re supposed to believe wrestling is a real combat sport, a wrestler deliberately pulling a referee in the way of another wrestler should be treated as enormously controversial, as highly significant with talk about stripping MJF of the title and even suspending him. If you’re going to do something like that, make it count by treating it as the ultimate sin rather than a legitimate heel tactic. All in all, I imagine they went into this show looking to outshine Wrestlemania. Mission accomplished, I imagine. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 13 Paid Members Posted April 13 I cant add more than what Twoster has above, mainly as I stayed up until 5.15 to watch and I'm sleep deprived as hell, But I think Wednesday is where they'll finish outshining Mania, especially if Darby finally wins the big one. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 13 Paid Members Posted April 13 Bryan Danielson has no time for tribalism. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 13 Posted April 13 Just now, Supremo said: Bryan Danielson has no time for tribalism. Can't blame him. How about bringing a sign for the show you paid money for rather than being a tribalistic knob? Too much to ask? Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted April 13 Posted April 13 IF Darby wins on Weds (don't think he will, which means he is bound to), would you see it being Darby v Ospreay at All In, or another switch before then? Doesn't feel like that would be the main event for me. Also on Jericho, he looked good here, but I think there is some meta nonsense to his character, with all the thumbs ups, and crowd interaction and stupid grins...I had an idea but it is a bit of a stretch. He always loves talking about how when he has "go away heat" that the crowd are idiots and they should hate him because he is the heel so they are just doing what he wants to them do. This feels like he is trying to prove that point again and by going "look idiots; if I bring back the list and wave at you then you love me again, so I can manipulate you as I want when I want". As I say, bit of a stretch, but it just didn't come off as being a genuine babyface for some reason. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted April 13 Awards Moderator Posted April 13 I had thought there were signs throughout the show leading to Kenny winning the title. Jericho lost on his return in Canada; C&C lost, in Canada; Ospreay lost his big return grudge match pretty decisively; even in the Casino Gauntlet match, the Canadian lost to his American tag partner. I suspect Kyle O’Reilly only won because it looks like Gabe Kidd got injured. Surely this meant one of AEW’s famed feel good endings. And then Kenny went and lost as well! I have to admit, I saw this less as an Empire Strikes Back kind of show than as a “what a downer” kind of show. Even one of the babyface wins deprived us of the promised Okada-Takeshita for the International Title! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.