12 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Tony's going to make The Devil storyline AEW's Bloodline and drag it out for a few more years yet to show that he can do long term storytelling better than WWE. Mark my words. 

I won't mark your words because they won't.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Because the whole point of the angle is they're invaders, threatening the very integrity of the company and no one knows who they are.

Hang on, no it's not. They're not being presented as invaders, just masked and hiding their identity from the boys. Noone thinks they're anything other than aew talent. There's absolutely no reason that the back office and Tony Khan wouldn't know who they are for the same reason they would've known who Los Conquistadors were, or what Komanders real name is

I'm with you that the merch and branded jackets thing is stupid, but not because it's illogical but just because it ruins the mystique and makes them all look like jobbers

8 minutes ago, Duke said:

Hang on, no it's not. They're not being presented as invaders, just masked and hiding their identity from the boys. Noone thinks they're anything other than aew talent. There's absolutely no reason that the back office and Tony Khan wouldn't know who they are for the same reason they would've known who Los Conquistadors were, or what Komanders real name is

I'm with you that the merch and branded jackets thing is stupid, but not because it's illogical but just because it ruins the mystique and makes them all look like jobbers

Hang on, right back.

So the assumption is that their identity IS known, but it's not important. They're just the masked men and that's fine. Similar to how Kommander IS that character, that's the same for the masked men?

So, MJF could in theory just walk up to someone backstage and ask who they are and be told? Why wouldn't he do that? Or why wouldn't someone tell him?

If the point isn't that there's someone we know with nefarious intentions under the masks, hiding their identity to undermine MJF and others then yeah I take it back. If THE DEVILS MASKED MEN is their gimmick and character, then I don't like it but I guess it makes a bit more sense.

Someone should just ask who they are though.

I just don't like this stuff. Someone else pegged it well, it's just stretched out Scooby Doo rubbish. 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I've not been concentrating on the storyline because it's bollocks, but when Joe "turned" on MJF why didn't anyone assume the he was the Devil? I did inititally, but then none of the commentary team played it off like that, so what did I miss? 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Maybe give them a match every week and let Rita Ora, Jonathan Ross and Ken Jeong have wild speculative guesses who they are whilst the baying crowd chants “TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF!”

I'd prefer that to be honest. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I've not been concentrating on the storyline because it's bollocks, but when Joe "turned" on MJF why didn't anyone assume the he was the Devil? I did inititally, but then none of the commentary team played it off like that, so what did I miss? 

Because the message was "pleasure doing business with you" which was picked up as Joe doing a deal with the devil, not being the devil.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, gmoney said:

The devil's not fat.

42 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Someone should just ask who they are though.

This should absolutely have been a skit that Roddy and the Kingdom did, going to Chris Daniels and interrogating him until he revealed key information and Daniels just yelling "GDPR!" Over and over.

I should say that that if the Devils favourite demons don't attack Joe or something at world's end, or Joe wins the title, my head canon is destroyed.

Edited by Duke