• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Loki said:

Quite.  He’s said in a recent interview that he’s been suffering from double vision, but he’s stabbing himself in unhealed scar tissue with a dirty blade and getting someone to knee him in the face, and we fans are going “what a worker, MOTY”.

We might be part of the problem.

Edit: not to absolve myself here, if Hulk Hogan dragged his crippled carcass back into the ring for one more match at the age of 70, I’d be all for it.  

Which is fair enough, but you've quoted people that haven't said anything of the sort regarding what you've posted above. I for one, never mentioned anything in your quoted post, my post was aimed at the posts saying Omega is one of the 'Only good in Japan' types. Nothing to do with braining himself. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I always feel like companies/wrestlers are missing a trick when they announce injuries like this instead of working it into some kind of angle. Starks and Big Bill doing Omega over (even in an off-camera backstage beatdown) would add some heat to a team who are floundering a little at the moment and Omega has got a ready-made feud when he returns. We don't always need to see behind the curtain.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Quite.  He’s said in a recent interview that he’s been suffering from double vision, but he’s stabbing himself in unhealed scar tissue with a dirty blade and getting someone to knee him in the face, and we fans are going “what a worker, MOTY”.

Now then. How do we know Danielson is as banged up as he is? I mean he shot Collision where his eye was viciously attacked and they made an angle out of it the night before the Dynamite/Rampage taping. But you’ve quoted an interview where he’s said these things. But how truthful is he being? Could be all true, could all be false, could be in-between. Which leads me to Lorne’s point above. Wrestling is all about smoke and mirrors after all, and that’s arguably exactly what they did with BD.

Though suggesting a man in hospital on a drip should have shot an angle to write of TV seems a little much.

Spoiler

That’s if he’s really in hospital that is…….

of course he is

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Loki said:

Undoubtedly part of the mystique of Reigns and Lesnar is that they very rarely actually wrestle.

Mystique? Both men have been having the exact same match every time they go out there for years now. You know exactly what you're getting when these two are booked.

Firstly, I’m going to put this out there - if Adam Cole isn’t the devil, while I think turning MJF heel is the most logical choice, Will Ospreay seems to me to be the only other contender. There’s no one else currently on the roster who could be revealed to anything other than crickets or a confused eyebrow raise. 

52 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Mystique? Both men have been having the exact same match every time they go out there for years now. You know exactly what you're getting when these two are booked.

Secondly, regardless of what you think about their matches (and there are certainly things to criticise - every Reigns match ending with Bloodline interference is tiresome) - surely we can agree that it feels like a big deal every time Reigns or Lesnar’s music plays? The crowd reaction is effectively an acknowledgment of that - look at, for example, the response to Lesnar when they thought he was coming down to be Cody’s tag partner. 

When MJF was a heel, I thought his limited schedule made him feel like a much bigger deal too, there’s something to be said about taking that approach with certain wrestlers.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

When MJF was a heel, I thought his limited schedule made him feel like a much bigger deal too, there’s something to be said about taking that approach with certain wrestlers.

True and it played well into his character, Similarly when MJF was a babyface his limited schedule felt like a negative. When he started wrestling more regularly his popularity increased. Babyfaces should be out there fighting on the regular.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I always feel like companies/wrestlers are missing a trick when they announce injuries like this instead of working it into some kind of angle. Starks and Big Bill doing Omega over (even in an off-camera backstage beatdown) would add some heat to a team who are floundering a little at the moment and Omega has got a ready-made feud when he returns. We don't always need to see behind the curtain.

YES! Absolutely! You don't have to do a "Who ran over Stone Cold?" each time but with Don Callis swearing he's going to end Kenny every week for months it feels like an own goal not to write an angle where the Don Callis Family take him out indefinitely and then milk the hell out of it.

• Paid Members

Kenny's promo being crap was probably more to do with it being totally unsuited in style for him than because he had diverticulitis . It had Jericho's fingerprints all over it, it was 2001 "man beast and hose beast" all over again, and was doomed to fail no matter who you put in there, especially when the pay off was "your tag team could be named after a woman's wrestler lol!" It doesn't help that Kenny is best suited as a heel, but teaming with Jericho is a terrible fit for him. Hope he's better soon, diverticulitis could be a rocky road though.

The positive news is hopefully that Ricky and Big bill can move on to feuding with someone else and we can get the AEW tag team and trios divisions moving again. In the start tag teams were the highlights of the whole company and they've been a total afterthought lately.

9 minutes ago, Duke said:

The positive news is hopefully that Ricky and Big bill can move on to feuding with someone else and we can get the AEW tag team and trios divisions moving again. In the start tag teams were the highlights of the whole company and they've been a total afterthought lately.

The Trios title has been mothballed by the Devil storyline since The Acclaimed disappeared after being attacked over a month ago. They're either being held back as part of that or someone might have a legit concern. Max Caster's the only one working some indie dates recently.

Tag wise I worry they just plug in FTR and House of Black. Something seen on the way to Full Gear. Hopefully they go in a different direction and they've got the time to do it.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The Trios title has been mothballed by the Devil storyline since The Acclaimed disappeared after being attacked over a month ago. They're either being held back as part of that or someone might have a legit concern. Max Caster's the only one working some indie dates recently

Yeah, I understand that, but that's not necessary, they could easily strip them and it's not like the trios division has been much of anything since the Acclaimed won them.

• Awards Moderator

The Acclaimed have barely been mentioned since they got written off. Considering they’re Trios champions and that’s supposed to be a whole division, it’s a bit weird. You could scrap those belts and nobody would really notice.

I was thinking this morning about who my favourite tag teams of the year would be (awards season is coming) and I’m struggling - the tag titles really do feel insignificant at the moment, and have done since Collision started and FTR only worked on Saturdays.

For a company that has so many belts to use as excuses for matches, loads of them feel like they mean very little recently (hi International Title - victim of injury booking but its interest is gone now).

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I was thinking this morning about who my favourite tag teams of the year would be (awards season is coming) and I’m struggling - the tag titles really do feel insignificant at the moment, and have done since Collision started and FTR only worked on Saturdays.

I’d not really thought about that, but you’re right. The Gunns is probably the answer for me in AEW, and in WWE the honest answer might actually be Chelsea Green and Piper Niven. It’s slim pickings this year, that’s for sure. I guess Adam Cole and MJF were fun for a while? 

Edited by RedRooster

I'll just default to Sting & Darby while it's an option: v. Swerve & Christian at All In might have been my favourite tag match of the year. Just for the spectacle of it.

While slim pickings for pure 2v.2 outside of that : v. Christian & Luchasaurus, / v. Jericho & Sammy / v. the The Outrunners are 3 matches that I remember and enjoyed enough.

Otherwise it would probably have to be FTR.

10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

What the hell is up with the Mercedes Mone deal? I'm guessing there's been zero mention of her since All In and now there's reports that the working plans have been scrapped?

No one seems to know apart from those plans being scrapped. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if she's taken a look at AEW and decided Japan or WWE are better options. Its not like TK has a great record with his women's division. It'd be a huge risk for her to commit to AEW I think.