Yeah, I think people saying he was fine and it was just a bad promo have been mining some deep wishful thinking. He’s looked progressively more banged up and in a not great place for a while.

I hope he gets himself sorted, and absolute star when he’s on his game and should be the face of the company.

13 hours ago, Loki said:

He looks physically absolutely shot...  Omega needs 6 months off...

12 hours ago, Chili said:

everyone has lost their minds now... Madness, complete hokum and poppycock boys and girls.

12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

He's still the bollocks in the ring.

Wrestling fans prone to hyperbole, who woulda thunk it?

10 hours ago, Nick James said:

What an absolutely bonkers few pages. 

10 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

He'll be fine. 

10 hours ago, organizedkaos said:

"Kenny is dead, he's a corpse being puppeted by his opponent"

9 hours ago, gmoney said:

Thank you. I was shaking my head at this ridiculous overreaction. 

GBa55FfWsAAxQCh?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I always feel like companies/wrestlers are missing a trick when they announce injuries like this instead of working it into some kind of angle. Starks and Big Bill doing Omega over (even in an off-camera backstage beatdown) would add some heat to a team who are floundering a little at the moment and Omega has got a ready-made feud when he returns. We don't always need to see behind the curtain.

• Paid Members

@LokiNobody was denying he's banged up, almost all of the responses you've quoted were in response to people saying he was never good in the first place/good in Japan/carried by his opponents etc. etc. Which I would still argue were overblown responses. 

Also extremely shitty to post a gleeful I told you so post about a man being hospitalised. 

Edited by JLM

26 minutes ago, JLM said:

@LokiNobody was denying he's banged up, almost all of the responses you've quoted were in response to people saying he was never good in the first place/good in Japan/carried by his opponents etc. etc. Which I would still argue were overblown responses. 

Also extremely shitty to post a gleeful I told you so post about a man being hospitalised. 

It wasn’t gleeful, It’s just gentle reminder that people tend to be blind when it comes to their favourites, and quick to mock people who think wrestlers might not be in the best place, and this after years of premature wrestler deaths.

To be more blunt therefore…

Some people were moaning about why Omega wasn’t in the “go as hard as you can” tournament, others praising Danielson for working through an obvious and debilitating injury. “Wrestlers know what they’re doing” is a common refrain.

A little reflection on what we want for our favourite superstars might be in order.  Thank goodness, it seems some medical professional has managed to overcome the macho bullshit that pervades wrestling and persuaded Omega to get to a hospital.

I hope he takes the time to get fully better and not rush back, or not come back at all if his health is at serious risk.  He owes us nothing.

Edited by Loki

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I love him, but he is an absolute fucking idiot and a complete mark. He definitely is someone that needs to be told to go home for a bit.

It's pathetic. 

Quite.  He’s said in a recent interview that he’s been suffering from double vision, but he’s stabbing himself in unhealed scar tissue with a dirty blade and getting someone to knee him in the face, and we fans are going “what a worker, MOTY”.

We might be part of the problem.

Edit: not to absolve myself here, if Hulk Hogan dragged his crippled carcass back into the ring for one more match at the age of 70, I’d be all for it.  

Edited by Loki