10 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Definitely fair to raise that - but I think it’s a perfect example - she appears to have won this, simply to challenge for Athena’s belt at the ROH PPV. She’s not wrestled on an AEW show since, or been given the opportunity to use that win as any sort of launchpad.

While I’m certainly not against Shida winning the Women’s belt, there was no build-up or storyline - surely there would have been more logic in giving Willow that opportunity, on the back of her tournament win and perhaps even on the back of the Athena loss; with Khan saying she’d been so impressive she deserved the chance, Storm countering that she’s probably the only wrestler to get a world title shot on the back of a defeat. You could build up a storyline from that, and then on to an eventual rematch with Athena, but for Willow’s AEW title.

Willow’s tournament win - so far - doesn’t seem to have been designed to benefit her; it seems to have been a means to an end, to build up a challenger for an ROH PPV. 

She seems to have been slotted for Collision with her appearances more recently. Obviously been a focus on the show built up from the tournament. Only reason she was on Rampage against Athena was due to not being cleared. Following week after winning the Owen got the recap video of the Owen and ROH title match. Last week was out making a save after Martinez attacked Statlander.

Just about everything on Collision leads to something. We'll have to see where it goes.

Having beaten Willow twice this year, most recently at Forbidden Door. Then dropping the NJ Strong title and losing the ROH title match. Toni Storm would certainly have plenty of material for those promos saying she didn't deserve another chance.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Skye supposedly doesn't say anything during, LuFisto sees it as she's either bland or too scared to talk.

Skye Blue seemed utterly terrified and barely said anything when she was on Hey Ew, think she’s just very introverted. 

2 minutes ago, JLM said:

Skye Blue seemed utterly terrified and barely said anything when she was on Hey Ew, think she’s just very introverted. 

This was also April last year where she was still almost brand new to the company, and on one of those lower tiered contracts working almost exclusively Dark/Elevation. It's not like she'd made it.

Yeah sounds like typing playground level, pro wrestling shite.

Anyway we've had Final Countdown and Walk so far this year. Now all we need is Like A Prayer at Wembley and all will be right in the World. 

I swear if Sniff has only put the title back on Shida to get it onto Saraya at Wembley, I'm going to very irritated.

Irritated I say. 

Really enjoyed the show and Shida winning was a nice feel good moment to close episode 200.

Looking forward to Rampage and Collision.

How do you, as a live tv director, cut away from Jungle Boy using a small child as a shield?  Have they no instincts at all?

The direction of Dynamite seems to have been on a real slide these last 6 months.  Time for a shakeup in the truck surely.

Also, love me some RVD but I'm not sure he should be competing whilst pregnant.

Edited by Loki

11 hours ago, Loki said:

How do you, as a live tv director, cut away from Jungle Boy using a small child as a shield?  Have they no instincts at all?

The direction of Dynamite seems to have been on a real slide these last 6 months.  Time for a shakeup in the truck surely.

Also, love me some RVD but I'm not sure he should be competing whilst pregnant.

Do they use their own production people, or is it TNT and TBS people?

45 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The Bucks Vs The Hardy's has been announced for Wednesday, I'd rather not see Matt & Jeff at all but it means the Bucks are back to straight up tags again.

First time running the big arena in Columbus feels like they're trying to bring in some casual interest with Hardys and RVD in prominent matches.

Who’d have thought one of my most anticipated matches at All In would involve AR Fox? That’s not even a knock on the card, the build-up to that match has been really strong. I don’t think they’ll do this, but I would love to see them have Swerve get the pin on Sting; immediately elevating him to the level he deserves to be at.